An Open Letter To Cbs And The Producers Of 'big Brother'

DayDreamerCT

I loved this season too.I am also a Dick and Dani fan.His son may have told him stuff in code in letters but that didn't help him win comp.He and Dani did that all on their own.

My only thing with BB lately is that I am sooooooo tired of them always putting ppl in that know other ppl in the house.I miss the good old days when they were all strangers.

Wish they would do their BB like the BB Au.That BB ROCKS

who the hell is saying dick is the best bb player?

uhmm... i'm pretty sure the entire viewing audience feels this way.... no one in the house can compare to dick and what he did for the show. he caused all the interesting moments this season, without him the show woulda been as dull as a TV test pattern.

thank god for dick he made bb8 what it was. great great season with the best possible ending ever ! ! ! go donatos ! ! ! !

I guess it all depends on what you exactly classify Big Brother as, or what CBS has it classified as.

I don't know the legality of it all, but if it is not classified in such a way that the competition has to be fair and in compliance with certain rules, that is to say if CBS has complete control or near complete control over the show, then they can really do what they want.

The only way you can protest in that case, is by not watching the televised shows and not buying the live feeds.

On another note, If Yath goes, who will I discuss Jewish hockey players with? :lol:

I've already expressed my thoughts (twice) in the 'Are you happy with the final two?' thread (moved above to 'important topics'), so I won't bother to repeat it here. But yes ...

The only way you can protest in that case, is by not watching the televised shows and not buying the live feeds.

This was my first season of watching bb, and based on all the crap that went down, it'll be my last.

ITHINK THE RULES were bent for D& D even with the lie of Dani's age. If it was not important, why was it kept from the other contestants? I have always enjoyed BB since it began, the differences of personalities clashing or blending. This season was (for me) uncomfortable rather than enjoyable. I sincerely hope that next season is not more of the same.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Dick was blowing smoke & trying to be a big shot ?

Do you really think he & Vincent are the 1st one to come up with the code plan ?

I agree with whoever on here said that CBS checks the mail.

Let me point out that Dr. Will, liar that he was won merely being disliked.

Dick made it through being HATED......

uhmm... i'm pretty sure the entire viewing audience feels this way.... no one in the house can compare to dick and what he did for the show. he caused all the interesting moments this season, without him the show woulda been as dull as a TV test pattern.

Please, speak for yourself. I am a member of the viewing audience and I absolutely do not feel that Dick was the best player, nor did he make the show.

In fact, there's really no telling what this season would have been like without having Dick in the house because he managed to intimidate so many of the HGs. I have a feeling that it would have been a totally different season, with a myriad of different personalities and gameplay without having the raging lunatic (my words, my opinion, tyvm) in the house. But it does no good to speculate, as this is the outcome we have.

Good on you, for the Donato fans, but don't lump everyone in with you, because there have been many of us that have not been fans, and continue not to be, that disagree with generalizing statements such as this.

It truly is too bad that any effort on the part of the fans to protest events in the season that have upset them will be met with scorn on this board and most likely apathy on the part of CBS.

I wish you luck on your campaign.

WOW ... Why are people so upset over the Danotos ... Come on!!! now people are writing letters to CBS??? ... LOL ... I mean seriously why even watch such a digusting show if you don't agree with the characters, its content, vile language etc ... Your time would be better spent if you curled up with a nice a book ... There is a little button on your remotes and/or tvs called POWER ... Maybe some folks should try using it ... It will alieviate folks from all this stress and anxiety tv seems to be causing ...

What trips me out is the same people complaining are the same people that watch showtime, subscribe to the online feeds, watch BB three times a week all while tivoing it, and posting on messages boards why they dispise the show and vowing never to watch it again ... HILARIOUS!!!!

Cocoa, my answer is because I LOVE Big Brother(the show lol). I'm addicted to the watching the show 3 times a week, I'm addicted to subscribing to the feeds, I'm addicted to watching the live feeds when I can and posting in the live feed thread, and I'm addicted to reading the message board here at Mortys and seeing what other fans are thinking about my wonderful show!

What I loved about this year was the lack of fixed alliances from the start of the season. Most weeks, the outcome was up in the air. People were flip flopping and it stayed interesting.

What I didn't like was the extreme verbal actions of Dick. I know it's a personal opinion, but I don't feel there is ever a place for the language he used, strategy or not.

Out of curiosity, do the people who think Dick did not cheat with his letter also feel Bill Belichick did not cheat by filming the Jets coaches giving signals?

As Dick is a Jets fan, I'm also curious as to how he view the recent NFL quagmire.

I guess it all depends on what you exactly classify Big Brother as, or what CBS has it classified as.

I don't know the legality of it all, but if it is not classified in such a way that the competition has to be fair and in compliance with certain rules, that is to say if CBS has complete control or near complete control over the show, then they can really do what they want.

On another note, If Yath goes, who will I discuss Jewish hockey players with? laugh.gif

Just a quick comment.

I am not 100% sure of the legalities either. However, since we, the voters (AP voters and whatnot) are led to believe it's a fair competition (and nowhere in the fine print does it say it's not when you go to vote) and SINCE CBS makes money off text voters, I think if someone wanted to challenge the fairness of the comp in THAT respect, they could. There are plenty of voters who text vote with the impression this is a legit competition and that their votes mean something. If it came out there were some shady practices then the people who paid money every week to vote in good faith were not extended that same good faith.

It really is a can of worms waiting to be opened, in my opinion. There has never been a show like this, thus there is no precedent for any legal battles. When you start taking money from the general public and then fudging things behind the scenes, I think it becomes a problem IF enough people banded together with proof and started a class action lawsuit.

In other words, so I'm not confusing anyone, the houseguests may not be able to do anything due to contracts they sign, but the voters who pay money MAY be able to do something since they are not bound to any contract and since they have spent money in good faith with the knowledge it was a legit game show with monetary reward. If it's proven not legit, those voters may have legal recourse.

Personally, I think the laws for the houseguests are ridiculous anyway. If there is a monetary reward involved, a prize (and that's what Julie Chen calls it), you shouldn't be able to call yourself, legally, anything but a game show and thusly, you should be required to follow FCC game show laws.

I don't have time to clean this up right now. (8 reports within 15 minutes.) Thank you for those that sent a report and I was away from my desk but, heard all ding, ding, ding's and so I logged in... :lol:

Anyways, the other mods are not available this weekend and Morty is doing some much needed recuperation so, it's just me. I would truly appreciate it if everyone would help us all out here and not start up in another thread just because I've closed this one. I will clean this one up as soon as I can but, it's going to be a while as we're on our way out the door.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation,

CeCiMom

Thread open.

3 pages of off-topic conversation, baiting posts or attempts to ridicule another posters opinion. All these posts have been deleted. If you want to discuss this topic (pro or con) then come on in, if not, then go away!!!

I was lenient and didn't give out any warning level increases. If I have to come back in here and clean up again... I won't be so nice. This is getting ridiculous people... grow the f&^% up. This is a discussion thread about sending a letter of complaint to CBS. Any topic or opinions expressed that are not ON TOPIC will result in warning level increases and deletion of post.

CeCiMom

P.S. That includes any posts about this post. If you have any questions or concern regarding clean-up... PM me.

This brings the total number of networks I'm boycotting this season to 2. Without CBS or the CW, I will seriously have much less tv to watch. I might have to get a hobby.

CBS, I'm boycotting for the cheating and misogyny tolerated on BB this season...which eliminates 1.5 hours of tv each week that I would ordinarily have watched (survivor and how I met your mother)

The CW, I'm boycotting for their terrible mistreatment and subsequent cancellation of Veronica Mars...which only eliminates new shows that I may have watched (Gossip Girl, Reaper, Aliens in America).

I'm also boycotting Bionic Woman until Isaiah Washington is fired or killed off.

That only leaves me with 7 hours of TV each week until Battlestar and Lost return in the spring.

I urge you to state that you will boycott CBS in your letters. The threat of lost viewership may make CBS think again about allowing what happened on BB to ever happen again.

i am not ready to boycott... or even to send a letter.

wait.... maybe i will send a letter to say what a great season it was despite the crappy production.... and maybe next year (if there is one) they can put a cast together that is not looking to get famous.

or... i might just say i will and wont. i dont know.

To My Big Brother Fan Friends:

Please feel free to send a copy of the following letter with your own signature to CBS and the producers of Big Brother.

CBS contact link:

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.shtml

YouTube Link: Re: Dick Admits to Cheating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKuLTnVC7w4...amp;t=t&f=b

Dear CBS & the producers of Big Brother,

Let's stand up for what is right.

With Dick admitting to cheating during the course of the game, he and Danielle should both be disqualified. The coded letters coming from Vincent (Dick

My problem with this is how it will affect future seasons. Everyone will now have a secret code in their letters from home. The basic premise of the show is a house full of people cut off from the outside world. The letters from home should be banned after this season. It doesn't make sense that CBS would take legal action to stop banner planes, but is OK with Dick getting his info from his son.

Big brother should ban all outside letters, notes, etc. especially from former HG's. if they get something for being HoH, let them pick it out from a catalog.

I can't see how in the world 'coded' letters would be of any benefit. The letters are written far in advance (except at the first of the season). Alliances can and do change week to week. An enemy you might be warned about in a letter could be a true, strong ally at the time the letter is actually read. Makes no sense to me.

Archived