60's Night rate the performances here

nebartist

Each week I will change the topic

No one blew me away this week but here is my list best to worse

Jessica- Still love her voice!! Could have picked a better song but it was still one of the best

Bo- Same as Jessica was not crazy about the performance

Nadia- Was a good performance

Scott-Decent nice voice

Nikko- Was good for having less time than the others.

Anwar- Good voice but boring can this guy sing anything other than a ballad?

Anthony- Nice voice boring song

Carrie- once again nice voice but the girl is sooo wooden

Vonzell-Like Simon said she is in the middle needs to step it up

Lindsey- blech

Constantine- Just don't like him

Mikalah- ICK BOOO BAD!!! Just HORRIBLE!!

Who should go Mikalah

Who will go Lindsey

Guest Anonymous

Of my five favorites, I really think that four stepped up to the plate. I loved Anwar, Constantine, Bo (of course) and Nadia this evening. As for the others.... not one lit a spark. I'd say that we'll be saying adios to Mikala this week.

Guest Taloola

I thought Constantine did a great job. I was surprised as I've never heard one performance that I've like from him.

I agree with the rest of your ratings.

I was really happy with Bo's performance. But I'm biased.

Guest Taloola

That was a total surprise to me when Constantine actually sang like that.

Good for him. I thought that he really needed to go with his other performances....but tonight I was impressed.

Guest RogueyStars2004

Tonight's show was great! I loved everyone except Vonzell and Scott! I have never liked them and they still rub me the wrong way! I have been a fan of Mikalah's since the beginning and I will admit that she didn't do a very good job tonight. But, I would still rather have her there than to have Vonzell stay another week!

My top performers of the night were Nadia, Bo, Contstantine and Anwar! Did anyone catch what Simon said about Constantine when he first started talking about his performance? I missed it! :cry: It seemed to be really funny though. :D Now Mario was a favorite of mine, but since he has left I am now gonna route for Nikko. I will do anything to see that Scott goes home and stops annoying me!

Here is how my voting went down:

Girls:

Nadia-voted 75 times

Jessica-voted 60 times

Lindsey-voted 60 times

Carrie-voted 50 times

Mikalah-voted 25 times

Guys:

Constantine-voted 75 times

Bo-voted 75 times

Anwar-voted 77 times because of miscount( :lol: )

Anthony-voted 50 times

Nikko-voted 50 times

I cannot wait until the results show tomorrow! I really hope that Vonzell or Scott go home tomorrow. I am sorry to all of their fans, but I just cannot stand them. I would bet though that Mikalah goes home tomorrow though, just because she didn't do all that well.

~RogueyStars2004

Guest conniejoe

I was really surprised by the lame-ass songs they chose to sing. I mean, the 60's is chock full of energy-type songs. I could hardly contain my yawns w/ each performance. No one impressed me tonight.

But Mikalah can't sing to save her life. She was the worst, as usual.

My guess for the one(s) gone are Mikalah and then Nikko.... but I know Nikko didn't have a lot of time to prepare.

It looked like they were all really trying - it must have been tough this 1st week.

I still don't like that that 100's of votes can be made from some inter-net sites that some people pay for :evil:

I was really surprised by the lame-ass songs they chose to sing. I mean, the 60's is chock full of energy-type songs. I could hardly contain my yawns w/ each performance. No one impressed me tonight.

But Mikalah can't sing to save her life. She was the worst, as usual.

agreed was not too impressed by song choices. Could somone please get rid of Mikalah and put me out of my misery!! I have a bad feeling that she has a strong fan base who could care less about how good a person can sing.

Guest Taloola

I agree with you Conniejoe. You would think that they would select better songs and perform them with everything they've got. I shouldn't say anything because I can't sing to save my life....but if I could I would try to make every performance the best it can be.

I can't remember her name....the blonde that Simon likes so much who sings country. She chose a song that she has sung many times....I would think that's keeping yourself safe and not taking a chance. She can sing but hasn't been able to pull it off at all.

I think the men are much better but after tonight I have to admit that it was a very lack luster show.

Guest XandraSkye

I thought last night's show was just "ok". The ones I thought did well were:

Bo (of course, he's just awesome)

Nadia

Scott

Constantine (was very impressed with him this week)

Jessica (even though that wasn't her best performance she still has one of the best voices out of the girls)

I predict either Mikalah or Nikko will go. I'll be sorry to see Mikalah go because she's just so adorable but her singing hasn't been that great.

Bummer of Love: Sixties Theme Baffles 'Idol' Finalists

By Daniel Fienberg

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Has it been good or bad publicity that the only "American Idol" contestant anybody has been talking about for the last three days is the guy who ditched the competition for reasons that he can't explain, no matter how many morning and late night shows he goes on?

Tuesday (March 15) night's Sixties-Themed performance episode either begins the Final 12 or it launches the post-Mario Vazquez Era, depending on your point of reference. I just think it's odd that Marios personal issues were serious enough to cause him to leave the show, but that they can apparently be solved by visiting David Letterman.

Jessica Sierra starts the show with "Shop Around." After finally becoming distinctive with her honky-tonk waitress showmanship last week, she's entirely anonymous again. She's in tune and sounds perfectly fine, I guess, but there's nothing in her performance style that seems tailored to the cavernous new "Idol" digs. She just gets lost on the huge set. She was only OK for Randy and she wasn't popping. Paula, sporting a vapid smile, liked Jessica's vibe and says she had it going on. Simon calls it a boring and uninspired song choice.

"A House Is Not a Home" is Anwar Robinson's lackadaisical song. Like Jessica, he also looks lost on the big stage. His attire, including a long waistcoat, is dapper, but vocally it often sounds like he's forcing the song to be more melodically challenging than it really is. I don't think he could have done much better with the song he picked, but given a rich decade of musical options, why would he have gone with this one? Randy wants everybody to be poppin' fresh and doesn't think Anwar was great. Paula, big grin still in place, thought he was a bit too contained. Simon acknowledges his presence and voice, but he wants to see Anwar's fun side before he becomes boring.

At this exact second in Las Vegas, I suspect there are probably three or four drag queens doing the exact same rendition of "Son of a Preacher Man" that Mikalah Gordon unleashes. She's drowned out either by the band or by the dampening powers of her makeup, which is just severe. It's campy, not star-making, and her exposed navel is unsettling. For the third performer in a row, Randy isn't feeling it. Paula is happy with everything this evening, no matter how mediocre it is. Simon says her confidence exceeded her ability. There are mild boos.

Constantine Maroulis dips into his previously untapped (if nonexistent) Motown flavor with "You've Made Me So Very Happy." The gals apparently love his wincing and other affected facial expressions, so there's hardly any point in mentioning that he grimaces on notes that shouldn't cause him any strain just because he saw it demonstrated on The WB dud "My Guide to Becoming a Rock Star." His voice is still thin enough it threatens to vanish entirely, but he uses the stage far better than any of his predecessors and he's in tune. That's not much, but on his report card for the night, it could say "Shows Improvement." Randy gives him props. Paula, sporting the same pesky Cheshire Cat grin, loves his voice. Simon calls Constantine "smoldering."

As with Constantine, Lindsey Cardinale benefits from low expectations. The camera is constantly moving around her, which may give people the impression that she did something more than just stand in place at the very front of the stage. She barely even steps side-to-side. She's trying to enunciate and trying to be heard over the music and as a result everything sounds a bit stronger than in weeks past. Randy thinks the band and the audience are knocking people out of their game. Paula asks how Lindsey thinks she did. She says she could always do better. Simon comments that 30 million TV viewers just turned down the volume.

Ryan tells viewers that they should pity the singers because apparently in this day and age it's just impossible to ever hear music from the '60s anyplace and thus the theme represented a big challenge for these poor Oldies-deprived children. Strange how other groups of "Idol" finalists have been able to find songs from that blighted decade to sing.

The pink filter that's turning Anthony Fedorov into Mr. Strawberry Shortcake is much more notable than his sleepwalking through "Breaking Up Is Hard to Do." It's a dull song to begin with -- No offense, Mr. Sedaka, you're still ear-delicious to us -- and he makes it even worse. He stays on a stool for most of the performance and then finally stands up, but he doesn't do anything. Randy, stealing a page from Simon's script, compares it to a below average performance at a bad hotel. Paula briefly removes her smiling fright mask. Even she thinks Anthony was below par.

"It was akin to -- we've all been there -- the office Christmas party, where somebody attempts at the end of the evening to get up and entertain everybody else and they fail," is Simon's long-winded simile, one he's used before.

Thank you, Nadia Turner. Despite an overbearing band arrangement, she sounds fantastic on "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me." Perhaps it's just her awareness of the camera, but she seems to actually be connecting to the audience. Slowing things down a bit, she loses none of her natural energy and it's her best vocal performance of the competition so far. Randy, very low on words, give her props. Paula says Nadia's in it to win it and playing the game and other banal things.

"In a competition full of hamburgers, you are a steak," Simon summarizes.

Apparently Bo Bice used to sing "Spinning Wheel" at bars around town. He'd have been better off without the theatrics, as he looks awkward carrying his microphone into the crowd and then around the stage in circles. He also gives in a bit to that tendency that occasionally makes him sound like the lead singer in a Pearl Jam tribute band. If low expectations worked for Constantine and Lindsey, Bo is slightly hampered by his previous strengths. Even in a so-so night, he's the best male so far. Randy loves him and explains that this was the way to get things done. Paula says Bo's already a superstar. Simon praises Bo as well, saying he looks like he's been doing this for 20 years.

Sheathed in hot pink, Vonzell Solomon looks great singing "Anyone Who Had a Heart." She's having problems hitting the notes on her first shot. Nearly everything starts off sharp and she botches the final note entirely. In between the shrill tones, there are moments where you get a sense that she's got pipes. Randy likes the instrument, but isn't sure she has control. Paula just thinks she looks and sounds beautiful. Vonzell is right in the middle for Simon, who predicts that she'll be gone in five weeks if she doesn't step up.

Scott Savol "Ain't Too Proud to Beg," or at least that's what he sings. As a special treat for the audience, his eyes are actually open, at least at first. I suspect he opens them again a bit later when he goes into the crowd for a brief sojourn. Otherwise, he'd have tripped down the steps, which would have made me giggle. If he had a couple guys singing with him, his lead vocals would be superior. He doesn't understand performance yet and it's possible that he never will, but this is the best he's sounded in weeks. Randy and Paula agree he was having fun. Simon seems surprised at how good Scott was (not how great he was, mind you).

Take that, Ryan. Carrie Underwood claims she's heard a song from the '60s before. She must have been one of those Oldies Fresh Air kids. She asks the eternal question of "When Will I Be Loved?" With middling performances like this, she runs the risk of being just a slightly improved version of Jessica Sierra. Randy is still waiting for Carrie to be as good as he wants her to be. Paula, suddenly grumpy, calls it a predictable performance. Simon, forced to play good cop (and looking uncomfortable in the role), says that Carrie is one of three singers left in the competition who knows who they are.

Nikko Smith doesn't know who he is. He's working his way through the musical icons of the '60s and '70s and tonight's target is Michael Jackson with "I Want You Back." Rushed back after Mario decided to bail on all of his fans, Nikko obviously had less time to work on his performance than the other singers, or at least that's the credit I'd like to give him. He's surprisingly bad. He doesn't seem confident with the melody, the lyrics, his moves or how he wants to handle the stage. Randy's glad he's back. Paula's proud of him. Simon, the only person who was listening, says that Nikko sounded horrible. The boos drown him out.

The night's weakest three performers -- a competitive race for infamy -- were probably Anthony, Lindsey and Nikko. However, fans of Ozzie Smith's son may have learned a valuable lesson from his eviction last week and he'll probably skate through. People who have been fooled into thinking that Anthony is the next Clay Aiken (he wishes) may keep him safe as well. That should endanger Lindsey, but what do I know?

Guest susan

Yawn, i also thought it was a bore, except for Bo, who always does well, and Nadia, I like her also, other thatn that, not impressed.

I still don't like that that 100's of votes can be made from some inter-net sites that some people pay for  :evil:

Pardon my naivete ~ but does such a thing exist?

I live in Canada and have been watching since season 2 (well the end of season 1) and am so frustrated because I cannot vote. Is there a way to vote other than calling in? :?:

I can't remember her name....the blonde that Simon likes so much who sings country. She chose a song that she has sung many times....I would think that's keeping yourself safe and not taking a chance.  She can sing but hasn't been able to pull it off at all.

I have no idea about the internet voting thing.

The blonde is Carrie Underwood, in case you haven't already figured that out, Taloola. I'm sure by now you probably have. I love Carrie, her voice is natural and awesome. She just needs to learn to "perform". She's been tucked away in the country and is so wet behind the ears. If she doesn't win this, I hope she'll pursue it in Nashville and take the Country way, as she was born to do. Pop is not her thing. But she's got a heck of a voice. :D

Guest Taloola

:lol: Tabitha, I realize that I should have known the name by now. But, in my defense for not remembering I would have to say it's because she's not one of my favorites. I do know that she can sing and I have become somewhat dismayed by her not bringing it up a notch.

And I'm very terrible with names when I'm watching TAR, Survivor, AI, and .... geez.... I hope that's it..... :wink: :lol:

About the paid voting site (or sites)

If you go to GOOGLE and type into SEARCH

American Idol Voting site.....

This should appear in a box on the right hand side of the screen

Sponsored Links

"American Idol" on FOX

Tuesday 8/7c & Wednesday 9/8c.

Get exclusive news, videos & more!

www.idolonfox.com

American Idol Voting

Let your computer do the Voting.

Hundreds of votes per hour. $9.95