Marie Osmond and Jonathan Roberts

01.jpg

Marie Osmond

PROFESSION:

Actress and singer

PARTNER:

Jonathan Roberts

BACKGROUND:

Osmond won the hearts of fans as co host of the popular variety program, The Donny & Marie Show. She has since starred in several made for television movies, co hosted Ripley's Believe It or Not, achieved success as a recording artist, performed on Broadway, made the New York Times bestselling authors list, and established herself as an entrepreneur with her highly successful Marie Osmond Collectible Doll line. She is also the co founder and co host of the Children's Miracle Network.

01.jpg

Jonathan Roberts

ACHIEVEMENTS:

2004 USA Rising Star Latin Champion

2003 Blackpool Rising Star Latin

1997 USA Rising Star American Ballroom

2 times undefeated USA pro am 10 dance champions

3 times undefeated USA pro am Latin champions

2 times USA pro am American Ballroom champions.

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Marie Osmond

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in: San Jose, California

BACKGROUND:

During Season 1, Jonathan partnered supermodel Rachel Hunter into 4th place. Season 2, Jonathan and his partner journalist Giselle Fernandez, finished in 8th place. He partnered charity campaigner Heather Mills into 7th place during Season 4.

Jonathan started dancing 11 years ago, at the age of 20. He is one of the few competitors representing America who was actually born in the United States.

Coming from a big sports background in high school (namely basketball), it was as much of as shock to Jonathan as it was to his family and friends when he discovered a passion for ballroom dancing. Jonathan went to see the Al Pacino movie Scent of a Woman and there was something about the famous tango scene that struck a chord. He took advantage of the free ballroom lesson offered on his movie ticket stub, and the rest is history.

With his first partner, Jonathan won the 1997 USA Rising Star American Ballroom before deciding to focus on the Latin style.

Jonathan Roberts has been dancing with his current partner (and wife) Anna Trebunskaya for six years. Although only having danced together for a relatively short time, they have achieved many high placements in competitions around the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought she moved like an old lady on the dance floor, and was surprised she only got positive reviews. She just didn't seem graceful and light on her feet to me. I liked her pre-interview/clips before her dance though.

I missed her dance last night but see she scored well. I will have to rewatch her dance tonight before the results show.

I think she looks good with her hoochie mama look. LOL

• 3 weeks later...

access_logo_blue.jpg

Marie Osmond Collapses After 'Dancing'

marieosmondcollapses.jpg

Marie Osmond collapses as the judges and audience are stunned.

LOS ANGELES, California -- Marie Osmond collapsed during the taping of Monday's "Dancing With the Stars." After she finished the samba with partner Jonathan Roberts, Marie was listening to judge Len Goodman's critique when she passed out and hit the floor.

The show immediately cut to commercial during its East Coast airing. After being attended to, Marie came to and told the crowd she fainted because she wasn't breathing during her dance. "I forget to breathe. I'm fine thank you," she said after getting back to her feet, drawing rousing applause from the audience.

Marie went on to joke she was sleeping on the job. As she awoke in the middle of the floor to find herself surrounded by a group of people looking over her, Marie's first words were, "Oh crap," according to an "Access Hollywood" producer on the set. Backstage, her publicist said, "She's OK, she just doesn't breathe." Marie was treated by a medic and is doing fine.

When the show finally came back from commercial, host Tom Bergeron said Marie was fine, as the camera flashed to her backstage. Although she seemed a bit out of it, she was smiling and appeared well, as Jonathan stood behind her supporting her. "She is a trooper indeed," Bergeron said on camera.

To see the video, click the following link:

Marie Osmond Dances and Faints

Any Marie fans around here that car fill us in on what's going on with her?

My loose perception of her is that she's had a lot of drama through out her life, and more so in the past decade. Does she have some disorder like Bi-polar?

Donny is always coming up with some interesting justifcations to explain away her drama episodes.

Does she have some disorder like Bi-polar?

I'm sorry, echo, but how would having BPD have anything to do with getting winded and passing out? It would seem like the question would be, does Marie have some sort of medical disorder (heart condition, maybe?) that is being stressed by her exertions?

I was glad to see that she was all right... I thought she had a heart attack or something and was freaking out when the show aired on the West Coast. I hopped on the internet and had to find out the skinny on what was going on to make sure she was ok straightaway before I could keep watching.

She's a doll, hope nothing serious is wrong.

I am talking about her life in general. I was asking because she has openly talked about having severe depression during the period she had a talk show with Donny. Before they went public, Donny just explained it away as exhaustion. It was later that they both publicly admitted that Marie's problem was depression, not exhaustion. Depression is part of being bi-polar. She struggled to remain married for many years, and left her husband on more than one occasion. I believe she finally divorced him recently, which is extremely frown upon by her religion and family.

Millions of people suffer from depression but are not bi-polar. And yes, depression is one aspect of being bi-polar but not the only aspect. Enough said about that, now to the episode last night. Talk about being stunned. I heard her little gasp and then boom, the next thing we saw was her hitting the floor like a rock. Like many of the other performers, she had a hectic week. Hopefully it was just exhaustion. That and the fact that she was huffing and puffing herself silly after she finished. I think I would faint too. But like someone above said, I was afraid it was a heart attack or something of that nature. The whole incident shut Len up in a hurry, the look on his face was priceless. Tom did a great job of handling the situation and getting the cut away to the commmercial break (a very LONG commercial break).

Ok, echo, I didn't mean to jump on you... it's just with the misconceptions about mental illness I thought maybe you were saying something else. ;) No harm done.

I was completely flabbergasted when Marie went down. She was being really silly and hamming it up after her performance, and clearly was already winded after the dancing was done. I watched a replay... it was scary the second time around too, even knowing she was ok. I really hope this wasn't a sign of a more serious condition.

She is cute as a button and I think she has great personality and a lot of drive. I mean, she's doing fantastic and representing for the moms out there (and not only the young ones, like Jennie, who is also adorable). Hell, I guess all the ladies this year except Sabrina and Josie are moms, right? Pretty cool.

Anyhoo... her dance wasn't that great, but boy does she try!

I absolutely loved her last night. I was with Lynn, I'm glad she didn't make the "performance" too campy. I thought it was soft and beautifully done.

I don't watch this show, but happened to be on it when she fainted. I was like WTF? Well, I am glad she is OK. I used to watch "Donnie and Marie" when I was a kid. I had sort of a crush on her and she still looks pretty good even now.

Being a mother of 8, I'd be winded too. lol Kidding aside I was so scared

for her when she fainted! I'm thankful that she's ok! I've loved Marie for-

ever! I was so excited when I found out that she was going to be on this

season. There's several this season that I like!

I thought Marie did a good dance on tonight's show!

• 2 weeks later...
Also, anyone wanting to purchase Marie's DWTS doll of the week,, check out QVC.com. There's even the Fainting Samba Belle.

:hahohi:

communitymarie95ky9.jpg

Here's the infamous doll...but you better hurry up, cuz she may sell out soon! Betcha we'll be seeing tons of these being sold on Ebay pretty soon...

Here's what is said about the doll in her QVC blog: "After the show, Marie and Jon spent over an hour talking with the press - where Marie unveiled the oh-so-adorable "Adora Samba Belle". (We affectionately call this doll "The Fainting Doll" because she wears the turquoise outfit Marie was wearing the night she fainted in front of 25 million people!) I love this aspect of Marie! She is not afraid to laugh at herself and have a little fun. Her mom always used to say, "Tragedy plus Time equals Humor. You'll end up laughing about it later - you might as well laugh about it now!" Marie has completely embraced that sentiment by creating "The Fainting Doll", and had some fun with it in the press showing them how to display the doll . . . horizontally!"

Ah, always the funny one, that Marie... :rolleyes:

I have always loved both Donny and Marie, and I'm very sorry her Father has passed way. I'm sorry that she fainted, But I have to say.....I'm alittle TIRED of it now. Just to think.....a few weeks ago I was excited to hear that Marie was going to do Dancing With the Stars. Now I will be excited to see her go. I also heard the Donny is supposed to dance next year and I said: "OH GREAT" more drama! Maybe he won't be so bad. lol Sorry to rant.....JMHO :pixiedust: and everyone is more than welcome to root Marie on to the finals.....I'm just tired of her. :(

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name