Wayne Newton and Cheryl Burke

01.jpg

Wayne Newton

PROFESSION:

Las Vegas entertainer and singer; "Mr. Las Vegas"

PARTNER:

Cheryl Burke

BACKGROUND:

The Legend, Mr. Las Vegas, is enjoying a career that few dare even dream about, having performed more live shows than any other single performer in Las Vegas history, with no signs of slowing down. He has been mentored by such talents as Jackie Gleason, Lucille Ball, Bobby Darin, Jack Benny and Frank Sinatra, which has inspired him to great success in motion pictures, television and recordings. As Chairman of the USO Celebrity Circle, Newton recently said, "I want to use my head for myself and my heart for mankind."

Wayne has recorded and released 165 albums to date. There is a Wayne Newton star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and he was bestowed the first star on the Las Vegas Walk of Fame.

01.jpg

Cheryl Burke

ACHIEVEMENTS:

2005 World Cup Professional Rising Star Latin Champion

U.K. Championships

4th in U.S. in the Under 21s

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Wayne Newton

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in:New York

BACKGROUND:

Cheryl is the only two time winner of Dancing with the Stars. Cheryl and her partner singer Drew Lachey stole the show on Season 2 and sensationally won the competition. Season 3, Cheryl was partnered with football legend Emmitt Smith, and together they won the competition. Season 4, Cheryl made it to the semi finals with actor Ian Ziering, placing fourth.

Growing up in San Francisco, California, Cheryl came from a family who all loved to dance. At four years old, she began taking ballet lessons and performed throughout the Bay area until she was ten. It was at that time that she discovered that ballroom, "wasn't just for old people" and decided to change her focus. She hung up her ballet shoes and began training in both standard and Latin. By 13, Cheryl was competing and traveling all over the world.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Cheryl is thinking "this sucks major butt. guess my reign for winning isn't coming back this season either."

Maybe Wayne will surprise us, but he strikes a lot of people as the joke of the season.

I still giggle remembering back to when Jessica Simpson had her show and Wayne asked for a kiss on the cheek. She had the look of death and with much hesitation, did it. :animated_rotfl:

Outside of being a little kookie, he does a lot of good things for others and soldiers.

Well this is the part I hate about the competition in the beginning weeks. There is always someone that stays so much longer then they should and a better dancer leaves.

The explanation is very simple. In the early weeks of competition it is basically a popularity contest. No one knows who the heck Albert Reed is. And since he wasn't getting scores like Sabrina and Helio, he didn't have time to build a fan base. Too bad. I liked him.

I love Cheryl....Wayne is ok. I wish Cheryl had a better partner.

When I was a kid I liked a couple of Wayne's songs.

All the others are so good. Sorry and I feel bad for him but Wayne needs to go. It would be so wrong for the others to leave when they have done such great performances.

It will, I think tonight be Mark's night unfortuanately. This sounds simple in my head but not so simple to write and make sense but here goes...........it seems to take a while for enough people to be sent home that their votes from loyal viewers outnumber the loyal voters for someone like Wayne or Billy Ray or Jerry Springer. Sadly, some of the better dancers are sacrificed.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name