Jennie Garth and Derek Hough

01.jpg

Jennie Garth

PROFESSION:

Actress

PARTNER:

Derek Hough

BACKGROUND:

Garth rose to stardom in the popular television series Beverly Hills: 90210. She since starred in the sitcom What I Like About You for four seasons. Over the course of her career, she has produced and starred in several made for TV movies. Her most recent project was a lead role in Lifetime's Girl, Positive, which was the network's highest rated movie this year.

Garth has three daughters with her husband, actor Peter Facinelli.

01.jpg

Derek Hough

ACHIEVEMENTS:

World Under 21 Latin American Champion

Two time Open British Champion (Blackpool)

Two time International 'Open to the World Champion'

Two time US Open Champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Jennie Garth

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in: London, England

BACKGROUND:

Born in Salt Lake City, Utah, Derek has been dancing since he was 11 years old. He moved to London at the young age of 12 with his sister, Julianne, to live and train with his dance coaches, Shirley and Corky Ballas. While living in their house, he became best friends with their son, Mark Ballas, with whom he also started a band.

In addition to a successful dance career, Derek also performed on London's West End and played the lead in Footloose. He tried to juggle dancing and theater, but found it to be too difficult. He recently took a break from competing to focus on acting and singing.

Derek is young, charismatic, and loves to entertain. He was one of the dancers on the first Dancing With the Stars Tour and is currently a choreographer on the BBC (UK) hit show, Dance X. He's looking forward to bringing all of his creative visions to the Dancing with the Stars ballroom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought this was her best yet... she seems more comfortable on the dance stage and it comes through in her performance. Still rooting for her!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, nobody posts much about Jennie, do they? I think she is just beautiful and quite glamorous. She has improved SO much throughout the season. While she may not be technically the best, she is pleasing to watch, and people like her is what the show is (or should be) all about - she had no dance experience, no "performing" to live audiences, etc. Yet look at what she has accomplished.

I've posted in other threads that Jennie is my fave.....I hope she wins. I think she has improved a whole lot.

Go Jennie!!!!

I don't remember anything about her attitude towards her partner - except maybe she commented on his youth. Shoot, I would have too - he's a young 'un! I think she has done a fantastic job of not only learning the dance, but of building up her own confidence. She finally believes she can do it, and that she deserves to be in the finals. I am rooting for her.

I think she should not have said, when Samantha asked her is she thought she deserved to be in the finals, 'well, if you want to put me there, then I'll give it my best shot'. Those weren't her exact words, but something like that. I thought she should have said 'Yes - I deserve it -- I've worked hard and listened to everything the judges have said and tried to improve" Something like that, instead of the 'aw shucks, if you really want me.."

I loved her dances last night. I think she's very sweet and sincere.

I noticed that too Ivy. It bugged me a little, but I think it is just her way. I guess I always assume someone so gorgeous is very self confident, but that's what I get for assuming! I think for the most part she is convinced she is doing great and belongs, (or if she's not she's making it look like she is) but I still think she slips back to the "old Jennie" who is not so sure. I hope she stays - I like her.

I'm so bummed! I really wanted to see Jennie at least in the F2. She really improved overall.

I was so hoping Marie would get the boot!!!! Marie's big old family must be wearing out the redial button on their phones!!!!

Jennie and Helio are my faves. Funny how their partners are brother and sister! I think Julianne and Derek are amazing teachers and coaches and I hope they both have long futures at DWTS.

I'm really sorry to seen Jennie go. She should be proud of all she accomplished. Gee -- I really hope she gets on another TV show soon.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Jennie Garth's Dancing with the Stars Partner: You Can't Stop Juggernaut Marie!

by Deborah Starr Seibel

071121garthfacinelli.jpg

Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli, Dancing with the Stars

Jennie Garth's husband, actor Peter Facinelli, wasn't sure if Dancing with the Stars' cameras were still running. His wife had just been eliminated on Tuesday night and was crying, caught up in a group hug with the other semifinalists and pros in the middle of the dance floor. "I was waiting for the cameras to stop," says Facinelli. "But then I said,

Sorry to see Jennie go.

I thought for sure she'd be there for at least 1 more week.

I guess I kinda feel like Marie's dances are more "TV Special" sort

of routines.... where Jennie's have been more actual Ballroom Dancing.

I'm a real sucker for the celebs that haven't had any dancing experience

(lol.. not that I don't enjoy watching one's like Melanie burn up the dance floor).

Jennie should go home feeling proud of what she accomplished.

• 4 weeks later...

Im bummed she had too leave. I think if it was anybody but marie she was up against she would have made it longer. She was deffinetly my favorite to win gotta support the beverlly hills kids.

who do you guys think will be next from their cast if any to follow the 90210 trend lol?

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name