Mark Cuban and Kym Johnson

01.jpg

Mark Cuban

PROFESSION:

Dallas Mavericks Owner

PARTNER:

Kym Johnson

BACKGROUND:

When Mark Cuban purchased the Dallas Mavericks on January 14, 2000, the face of the organization began to change immediately. Once again Mavericks games had a party atmosphere as Reunion Arena rocked with the return of the "Reunion Rowdies." Mavericks games became more than just ordinary NBA games they were a total entertainment experience.

01.jpg

Kym Johnson

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Former Australian Amateur Ballroom and Latin champion

Finalist U.K. Ballroom Championships at Blackpool

Burn The Floor world tour

Dancing With The Stars Australia Seasons 1, 2 and 3

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Mark Cuban

STATS:

Style: Latin and Ballroom

Nationality: Australian

Based in: Sydney

Status: Dancing with the Stars Australia Champion, Model, recently on the Dancing with the Stars National Tour

BACKGROUND:

Kym partnered talk show host Jerry Springer during Season 3, where they finished the competition in 5th place.

Kym began ballroom dancing at the relatively late age of 15 when she was dragged along to lessons by her brother who decided it would be a good way to meet girls. She soon got the bug and it wasn't long before she was dancing competitively. In December 1998, she and then partner Tomas Atkocevicius came second at the Australian Dancesport Championships in the Open Amateur Modern ballroom.

Kym performed on the world tour of the modern ballroom stage show Burn the Floor. Kim further grabbed Australia's attention when she appeared on Dancing with the Stars (Australia), and as a result she also appeared in TV ads and dipped into the world of modeling with a sexy shoot for FHM magazine.

Other highlights of her successful career include dancing at Elton John's 50th birthday party and appearing in the hit movie Strictly Ballroom.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how far Mark will get in competition, but I am hoping he will be there for a while. It was amazing to see how hard he worked and how well he did so soon after hip replacement surgery. This has to be very difficult for him, but YAY, for Mark!

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Mark Cuban says Dancing with the Stars is

• 3 weeks later...

I was really turned off by his comments during their pre-dance video clip. *&*$#@ the judges???? Why didn't the judges call him out on that? He seems way overconfident in his phone votes. And his e-mail campaign to get votes is just sad desperation in my opinion. I was indifferent to him before, but now I can't stand him.

I was really rooting for him in the beginning but, he seems more and more like a tool.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name