Helio Castroneves and Julianne Hough

01.jpg

Helio Castroneves

PROFESSION:

IndyCar Series driver; two time Indianapolis 500 winner

PARTNER:

Julianne Hough

BACKGROUND:

The two time Indianapolis 500 champion began the celebratory tradition of climbing the racetrack fence in 2001, racing for Team Penske. A native of Brazil, Castroneves is partner and owner of the NasrCastroneves racing team, which competes in the Brazilian Stock Car V8 Championship. He has amassed twelve wins and forty nine top five finishes during his IndyCar career.

01.jpg

Julianne Hough

ACHIEVEMENTS:

International Latin Youth Champion

Junior Blackpool World Latin Champion

United States National Latin Youth Champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Helio Castroneves

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in: Salt Lake City

BACKGROUND:

Julianne's first season on Dancing with the Stars was quite successful. Her and partner Olympic Gold Medalist Apolo Anton Ohno were the season 4 champions!

Julianne grew up with her ten siblings in Utah. A born entertainer, Julianne has always loved singing, dancing and acting and at the age of 10 she left her home and family to move to the other side of the world to live and train with her coaches in London. While living there, Julianne partnered Mark Ballas (the son of her world renowned coaches Corky and Shirley Ballas). It was with Mark that Julianne won all of her titles. Julianne is the youngest (and only) American dancer to have become both International Latin Youth Champion and Junior Blackpool World Latin Champion.

After graduating high school Julianne moved to Los Angeles to pursue her dreams of acting, dancing and singing. She landed a role as a dancer on ABC's game show Show Me The Money, and shortly after joined the Dancing with the Stars tour as a company dancer. When DWTS dancer Kym Johnson injured her arm, Julianne stepped in as her replacement and Cha Cha cha'ed across America with Season 1 DWTS competitor Joey MacIntyre. She was also Assistant Choreographer on Gwen Stefani's Wind It Up video.

Julianne is currently recording her debut country album and her single, "Will You Dance With Me" made it to #8 on the itunes country charts.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! I'm betting on Helio or Cameron...I'm so shallow. B)

I saw an interview with this dynamic racer before the show and he was my 'soft' pick but I wanted to see him put his feet where his mouth was before I settled on him as one of my favorites. He certainly lived up to his hype. I was pleasantly pleased with his determination in practice which resulted in one of the smoothest beginnings by an amateur male dancer.

I can't wait to see how he handles the Latin rhythm next week! Go Helio! I'll be curious to see if they'll have a container of milk for him to drink if he wins the disco ball trophy. Perhaps that's best left to the Indy 500. :animated_rotfl:

This guy has everything going for him. He's charming as hell, he looks good on the dance floor and dances like he's been doing it all his life. As long as he doesn't commit the ultimate sin of hooking up romantically with his partner, he'll have a nice disco ball trophy to display on his mantle.

No, Ashley Judd is married to Italian race car driver Dario Franchitti. I have no idea if Helio is married or not. Whether he is or not, this season he has become my pretend boyfriend. Last season it was Apolo Anton Ono.

I believe this is my fav couple so far this season. I actually have several that I like and a few that can go but Helio has be a pleasant surprise this season.

I can see how being a boxer or a football player or a skater can meld those skills into dancing, but a race car driver as a dancer was something I would not have linked together.

• 2 weeks later...

Jersey . . . ADORE your taste in men! Don't you just love watching this couple dance each week? I know I do! My fear is the lack of a possible fan base to pull in the necessary votes each week might see him off the dance floor prematurely. I had never heard of him before this but my vote is based on his ability and not his popularity.

I think this is going to be a tough season to advance to the finale though. It seems to me once they drop the sentimental favorites, the remaining field of dancers look pretty evenly matched. I look forward to Monday and Tuesday nights.

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Dancing Star Helio on Long-distance Love: "This Has Been a Big Test"

by Deborah Starr Seibel

Thursday, November 8, 2007

071108dwts_houghhelio.jpg

Julianne Hough and Helio Castroneves, Dancing with the Stars

"This has been a big test." Seven weeks into Dancing with the Stars, Brazilian race-car driver Helio Castroneves, 32, isn't talking about mastering the quickstep and the jive. He's taking stock of what this rocket ship to stardom has done to his personal life.

The two-time Indy 500 champ has been engaged since last Thanksgiving to Ali Vazquez, who lives in Miami and works in jewelry design. Castroneves and Vazquez were supposed to get married this year but put off the nuptials when they found out that Castroneves would be involved in the show, possibly for months.

It's been more than two months now, and the two haven't seen much of each other since the end of August, when Castroneves relocated to Los Angeles to begin rehearsals. And Castroneves says his fianc

They were simply awesome on that second dance, and the banana comment by Len was funny. The kiss did look like it took Julianne by surprise. I thought for a minute he was trying to fill in a bit because they seemed to finish just off of the music a little. But maybe it was just the excitement and passion of the moment. Whatever, it was hot.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name