Sabrina Bryan and Mark Ballas

01.jpg

Sabrina Bryan

PROFESSION:

Actress and recording artist

PARTNER:

Mark Ballas

BACKGROUND:

Equally successful on screen and stage, Sabrina Bryan continues to demonstrate her creative versatility. Performing since she was seven years old, Sabrina is currently a member of the multi platinum recording act, The Cheetah Girls, as well as the star of the hugely successful Disney Channel movie franchise of the same name. Sabrina also starred in and co produced a fitness dance DVD called BYOU which was created so young girls can have fun learning cool, hip hop style dancing and get fit at the same time. BYOU was founded in early 2006 and has sold more than double platinum. She is also co writing the book Princess of Gossip for Pocket/MTV Books.

She also lends her voice to the National Spokesperson for Healthy Kids Challenge which promotes healthy eating and lifestyle to school aged children all over the United States.

Sabrina can next be seen reprising her role of "Dorinda" in the upcoming The Cheetah Girls 3. In addition, The Cheetah Girls' next studio album "TCG" will be released September 25, 2007.

01.jpg

Mark Ballas

ACHIEVEMENTS:

British Juvenile Ballroom and Latin American dance champ

US Open to the World, British Open to the World and International Open to the World Junior Latin American Champ

Junior Olympics Gold Medal Winner

British Open to the World, US Open to the World, International Open to the World, United Kingdom, Youth Latin American Dance Champion

CELEBRITY PARTNER:

Sabrina Bryan

STATS:

Style: Latin

Nationality: American

Based in: London, England

BACKGROUND:

Mark was born in Houston, Texas to Corky and Shirley Ballas, two of the biggest names in dance. When he was very young, they moved to London, England where he began his performing career. He joined the Italia Conti Academy of Dramatic Arts Associate School at age 4, where his training in acting and singing/dancing began. At age 11, he earned a full time spot at the Academy. He also earned a full scholarship to the college and won performer of the year in 2005.

Mark has also performed in theater. He played the lead in the musical Copa Cabana, as well as playing roles in Maria de Buenos Aires, The Buddy Holly Musical and at the London Palladium.

His dancing partner, Julianne Hough, and her brother Derek Hough moved to England when they were young and lived with Mark and his parents. There, they were trained by Mark's parents, Corky and Shirley Ballas. They became close friends and still are to this day.

Mark's biggest passion is his band "Almost Amy." Together with his best friend and fellow dancer, Derek Hough, they write and perform all their original music.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think I would have scored her as high. She was good with her feet and moves but the moves looked so hard and sharp to me.

It is probably just me because I see some of the professional dancers dance hard and jerky too.

I liked her personality and enthusiasm.

Marty, I wouldn't have scored her performance as high either. Not to say she wasn't good but I thought she looked a little forced and stiff in her movement. Perhaps she'll grow on me. She'll have to really work on smoothing out her style next week in her ballroom dance routine.

• 1 month later...
Hmmm, I guess she didn't progress that much after all.

Juv. . . you know better than to expect an outcome based on her dancing alone. Progressing is just some crap the judges throw out when they have nothing else to say. Helio progressed downward last week, should he have gone? Marie & Jane both got their lowest scores and their worst critiques this week. I know you don't like Sabrina but you can't really think she deserved to go this week.

First of all, I don't dislike her, she's just a little girl on a Dance show. Of course, based on dancing ability alone she was the best, no question. There's also a reason for that. I'm just glad she's gone because now it evens the field for everyone else. As I posted elsewhere, either Jane or Marie should have gone this week, based on dancing alone.

people55x23.jpg

Couple News

Bryan Still 'Dancing' with Partner

by Kate Stroup

bryan_ballas.jpg

Sabrina Bryan and Mark Ballas

After weeks of speculation, "Dancing With the Stars" recently ousted Sabrina Bryan is coming clean about her off-screen sparks with dance partner, Mark Ballas. In fact, she's positively gushing. "I absolutely love and adore him," she told TVGuide.com.

And thanks to their shocking October 30 departure from the show, the former favorites finally have time to explore their feelings

• 4 weeks later...

people55x23.jpg

Injury News

Ballas Dislocates Shoulder During Performance

sabrina_mark.jpg

Mark Ballas and Sabrina Bryan

Mark Ballas dislocated his shoulder while performing the Cha-Cha with his partner (and real life love), "Cheetah Girl" Sabrina Bryan, during Tuesday's "Dancing With the Stars" finale. Ballas, 21

Watching her dance on her comeback performance she still seemed to be such a HARD dancer. She is good and talented but I prefer the softer movements then her jerky hard ones.

IMO

• 4 years later...

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name