Zach - Week 12 Evicted

CeCiMom

I appreciate the apology.

Edit: Yath, I understand what it is you want, but I don't agree that the topics are necessarily seperate. People that dislike Zach have been intent on discussing how he is creepy or strange, and being the nature of the BB game which is all about comparing and contrasting, discussing the off behavior of other houseguests while offering opinions on Zach's behavior is only natural. Just like it would be natural to discuss Zach in the Dick thread or Dani in either of the three threads as well. What kind of a social experiment would it be otherwise? Though honestly I don't buy into the social experiment notion - at least not since 50%+ of the guests have SAG cards. At any rate, I'll happily discuss other aspects of Zach (as I did yesterday), but if this is the topic that people want to focus on, they need to accept that the other guests are going to be held up as comparisons.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you find Dick normal?

A Keith-Richards-wanna-be with a foul tongue and childish tatics. Yep, quite normal -- nothing creepy about Dicky. No, siree.

ohh i am sorry, i believe i was staying on topic and talking about zach. i didnt mention dick because this is not the dick thread and i was not part of any conversation involving dick. it was all about zach.

and i wont start talking about him now either. i am tired of everything coming back to Dick and Daniele. from now on, if people want to do that, fine.. but if they use my quotes and expect me to respond back, this will be the type of response they will get.

:2thumbsup:

Sure I have, but usually I tend to try to have some back up with it. Lamenting a break-up of an important relationship without anything to go on other than him saying he still loves her and discussing it with the other houseguests just doesn't cut it for me.

And yes, like I said, I find it creepy that people think Dick is anything other than an abusive pos. I liked him at first, but at the point it became clear he was an abuser, I was done. Finito Donato. The end. People who are supportive of abusers creep me out.

Synnovea, I am agreeing with your post. I watched the video clips of the comp last night where Dick was

verbally lashing Zach. I felt nauseated. It was vile. Dani was laughing. Their actions have gone beyond

game strategy in my opinion. I think if the Donato's win they deserve every single penny they have groveled

for. They are shameless. A disgrace.

Zach, on the other hand, was a class act.

Yath - gonna level with you here. I am not kidding when I discuss how I find the irony of Zach's behavior being pointed out as creepy by people who support Dick as deeply disturbing. Dick's behavior has been classic abuse and CBS was just plain wrong for allowing it to go unchecked as they did. In a country where domestic violence and violence against women is far too common, supporting this sort of behavior is appalling. Notice how the majority of my posts on this topic have completely left Danielle out of the mix - this subject really doesn't have anything to do with her (other than it being her father). Truly this is because the subject of creepy and dangerous behavior towards women has been a joking issue about Zach, but a very real issue that Dick has gotten away with on national television with some fans openly supporting or dismissing the behavior for what it is. There isn't enough of saying it loudly and often as far as I'm concerned that Dick's abusive behavior can't and shouldn't be ignored.

Synn, there's also the Discussion thread for each day...seems like the perfect thread to compare people and their actions.

I just think it's kinda hard to discuss one HG's actions if it's being compared to the actions of another HG.

F'rinstance, if someone were to say " I dislike Zach", and a response would be "But Dick's worse", the convo about Zach's character/actions comes to a halt.

Perhaps Dick IS much worse....how then do you ever discuss one HG on his/her own merits?

If the standard is comparison to the best/worst, then the actions of that particular HG cannot be discussed. Not in that context.

JMO.

i thought he was going to be "special" but then i changed my mind... i then felt bad for him and kinda thought he was ok. but then when he found god on day 70something i got disturbed. i dont know.. i just dont buy it when people say that. they are usually in jail or going to jail when they say it... didnt michael vick decide he was going to find god all of a sudden too? :::::::::shrug::::::::::: so yeah, i think it was a ploy for a vote from jameka and for her to go back to the jury and sway them too... (which.. good for him if thats the only way he thinks he could get a vote.)

Hollywood always makes "Christians" or "religious people" look crazy. I respect Jameka and Zach's beliefs and do not think it was a ploy from Zach or strategy. I think the letter from his Dad saying "finish with honor" just got to him and he decided teaming with Jameka was the right thing to do. I just don't get why people give Dick's horrid behavior a pass and then attack Zach for saying his faith in God was renewed. Who are we to say it's not?

Anyway, I like Zach with or without his faith.

It's a game. It's Dick's strategy and it worked well enough to get him to the end. Should BB really make rules allowing no harrassment? Who's going to determine where gameplay ends and harrassment begins?

For the record, I was once a victim of abuse/violence to the point it saw its day in court and the abuser went to jail, followed by a restraining order. I was not "offended" by Dick's rants. I saw it a gameplay, be it vile and crude, nevertheless, strategy. Strategy that worked well.

Now I agree with you on some of what you said Syn, but I don't think this is CBS's place to keep anything the HG's do in check. It needs to be censored for language, etc, but BB is about people of different walks of life butting heads. I wouldn't watch the show if it weren't for people like Dick. Everyone who goes on that show should know that they are going to be put in a tough situation and they have to deal with it. If they want the money, then deal with it. The same goes for people who watch the show. CBS is going to cast the most outrageous people they can get. If these people offend you then you are watching the wrong show.

I don't like Dick's abuse either. I will take my satisfaction when I see Zach beat him and his whiney daughter though.

Yath - again, I think I get where you are coming from, but the specific of this instance is the comparison of a certain type of behavior that was imaginary (Zack being a stalker) and real and verified with another (Dick being abusive). I'll happily talk about Zach being a goofball and nerd all day long (and supportively so I might add - I love that BB put a nerd in the house, even if he's a bit too mainstream to be a real nerd). I'll happily discuss his strategy. The problem is, people are wanting to discuss an aspect that I feel is intrinsically tied to another houseguests behavior due to the importance of the subject IRL and the lack of spotlight it has been given for marketing purposes.

I've always thought of Zach as a big ol floater, goofy nerd.

Never creepy....even though I think there was some creepy

people in the house....there is every year. JMHO :pixiedust:

creepy in that he reminds me of the guy that likes you and you don't like him but he cries and asks you why you don't love him .........

Thinking about some more creepy stuff... :animated_scratchchin:

(hey I don't dislike him at all and he is a good guy)

What is it that actually makes Zack creepy? Creepy means different things to different people.

Good question, I'm guessing a lot of it stems from the "panties incident".

Also, I do remember hearing the women of the house call him creepy on many occasions. I'd assume it had to do with his behavior towards them. He was around a lot of the time sort of hounding Jessica, especially when Eric was there, but we know why that was.

its weird that it seems to be ok for people to say nasty vile things about other HG.. but if people say "zach creeps me out" its

:o omg.. what??? what do you mean??? how is he creepy!? what.. dicks not creepy? how dare you say such a thing about poor zach! i dont know what kind of person could say such a thing about him.. yet like dick! this is outrageous!

yet, there was a time when people ( not the same people saying he is creepy) saying other unspeakable things about zach... i dont know, creepy doesnt sound so bad when you take a look at other things being said. ::::::sigh:::::

Archived