Banners and Planes

When CBS moved the house location, they must have moved it to a part of the lot nearest the Burbank airport (aka Hollywood/Burbank). LAX is a long drive from there (1-2 hours, depending on traffic). You think their sound people would have clued them in.

The planes are bad every year... Everyone has always said that it was LAX... I don't know... I have been to Hollywood but not to any of the studio's... You make a good point...

Yeah I think the last house was by some sort of airport or something too. We know the first one was crazy with planes and signs... Too bad they don't let that happen anymore. I think that was so cool! LOL

Since it's near an airport landing path means the air space above the house is restricted to helicopters from overhead looky loos.

I though of several more reasons why to have a resrticted airspace above the house. Since it's a live show it prevents skydivers from dropping in . Also it prevents "crazed" fans from hiring a small plane that pulls those banners to clue HG in what's going on. Skywriting. Air drop offs...Can anyone think of anymore?

Hadn't thought about the restricted airspace - it makes sense. Didn't someone's boyfriend send a message in a plane once cuz he was upset with how his girl was flirting in the hottub?

I'm really familiar with the Burbank airport area and several studios are clustered around there, including NBC, Warner Bros and Disney. Uni Studios and the CBS studios are a little farther away but in the hills just south of the airport.

CBS studios are pretty much in between both airports, but Burbank is inland in the San Fernando Valley while LAX hugs the coast on the other side of a mountain. LAX flights all must approach and depart over water due to noise restrictions which is why even flying east from LAX one gets a nice view of the ocean and coast before heading back in the right direction. http://local.google.com/maps?li=lmd&hl=en&...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8 The image is a satellite picture of the route from the BB house to LAX - note the round-about route to get over the mountains.

Since 9-11 that airspace restriction around airports is even larger than before. I've been to Burbank Airport only a few times and am not too familiar with the SF Valley as I'm from the San Gabriel Valley so it does sound by you description the studios are definitely in its landing restricted airspace.

Aww, they are talking abou the planes around them trying to do stuff still anyways. Even the first day they were in there and they had to go into LD. So living by a plane thingy doesn't really seem to matter.

I heard them talking about that but couldn't really understand the description of what they saw. I agree living close to the airport isn't a fool proof way of keeping unwanted activity overhead in control. You have to remember they're always those idiots with complete disregard for FAA rules and public saftey. We've seen it on the news with the evacuation of the White House and Capitol bulidings in Washington DC when private aircraft entered restricted airspace. But having Federal law on their side is certainly a great deterrent.

• 3 weeks later...

Basic question: where is the BB house exactly?

I know I ask this every year, but I can't remember.

What is the airport it is near also. It seems like the planes are infrequent, but kinda low and loud.

Thanks !

This is from the main page from Morty's site. Television City is in California, but I'm not sure of the actual city.

This is the first year for the two story Big Brother house. The house was constructed on CBS stage 18 in Television City. This is the former home to "Yes Dear." "Yes Dear" star Anthony Clark is a big "Big Brother" fan and in 2003 had an episode of his series, "Big Brother-in-Law," take place in the original Big Brother house with 11 former houseguests.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad they don't let them see the banners. Not for the messages they carry (which may be fun) but fot the fact that anyone would want to throw away $300 to $800 on an banner to mess a dumb game when there are better ways to spend that money.

I'm glad they don't let them see the banners. Not for the messages they carry (which may be fun) but fot the fact that anyone would want to throw awy $300 to $800 on an banner to mess a dumb game when there are better ways to spend that money.

I agree 100% especially in days like this when that money could be put to many other GOOD causes