Boston Legal

Guest conniejoe

Guest conniejoe

I'm starting the Boston Legal thread back up again. I just love this show!

There's a new eppy on tonight. Hope you all check it out. I promise you will not be disappointed!!! :D

Thanks for letting us know that tonight is a new episode. I thought it was a repeat. Last week's with Carl Reiner really got to me.

This show is incredibly sharp. The addition of Candice Bergen has turned out to be as terrific as I had hoped.

Guest conniejoe

I think so too!

I always enjoy the ending, w/ Shore and Crane relaxing out on the balcony w/ their drinks and cigars, reflecting on stuff. They talk about deep things in a superficial way. I love the little verbal dance they do w/ each other, like they're always on the verge of saying something very significant and then backing away.

It's one of the most intelligently entertaining shows on TV!!!

I absolutely love this show. I love the interaction between Shore and Shatner. Together they make scenes poignantly sweet and humourous. They take acting to that level of professionalism that few actors reach.

Candace Bergen is superb as well. I cracked up last night when she quietly said, "The little bitch"..so cool!

As a matter of fact, there isn't anything I don"t love about this show!

Guest conniejoe

Last night's show had everything (except the usual balcony conversation at the end). For humor, you had the nymphomaniac. On the other hand, there was the powerful TX death sentence case.

It was a very thought-provoking episode.

Ex-"LAX" star lands guest spot on "Legal"

heatherlocklearap6us.jpg

Back in September, Heather Locklear probably would have chosen to look forward to May sweeps as the end of the triumphant first season of "LAX." That NBC drama has gone the way of the dodo, but Locklear has found a reason to stay busy, snagging a two-episode guest spot on ABC's "Boston Legal."

Locklear is slated to play a woman, dubbed "The Black Widow" by the media, charged with poisoning her husband.

A six-time Golden Globe nominee for her work on "Melrose Place" and "Spin City," Locklear's additional television credits include "Dynasty" and "T.J. Hooker," as well as a 2002 guest spot on "Ally McBeal." Locklear will also be seen in the upcoming Hilary Duff feature "The Perfect Man."

Shatner Boldly Goes Where No Hoax Has Gone Before

invasioniowa2400028uv.jpg

By Kate O'Hare

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) A Sept. 30, 2004, editorial in the Iowa City Press-Citizen titled "Riverside, IA: Birthplace of Captain Jerk" said, in part, "Shame on William Shatner (aka Capt. James T. Kirk) and Spike TV. On Tuesday evening, they revealed that their film project in Riverside -- the self-proclaimed and now studio-sanctioned birthplace of Captain Kirk -- was a big hoax. A prank. An April Fools' joke pulled in autumn."

Obviously, not everyone in the Hawkeye State was thrilled to discover that Shatner, Spike TV and "The Joe Schmo Show" producers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick had pulled a fast one on them. "Invasion Iowa," airing as a five-hour miniseries Tuesday through Friday, March 29 to April 1, on Spike, chronicles how "Star Trek" star Shatner fooled a small town into thinking it was the shooting location of his indie sci-fi film.

On the other hand, the town of Riverside, Iowa, was not chosen by throwing a dart at a map. In the 1986 film "Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home," Kirk famously stated, "I'm from Iowa; I only work in outer space," reaffirming the Midwestern roots of the commander of the Enterprise.

During the 1980s, enterprising folk in Riverside decided that this small burg will, on March 22, 2233, become the birthplace of James Tiberius Kirk. The town on Highway 218 has signs, monuments and reasonably priced memorabilia that commemorate the future event, and plays host to "Trek" fans during a TrekFest each summer.

So in Riverside, the line between reality and fantasy already is a little blurred. "Exactly," Shatner says, "and if you don't wear your glasses, you can even get better blurring."

Riverside has been trying to get Shatner to attend a TrekFest for a while, so they were duly excited when he finally showed up. The high-school marching band played, and the church secretary baked an apple pie. What they didn't expect was his entourage of wacky Hollywood types intent on shooting a movie that looked pretty cheesy even to non-showbiz civilians.

Ultimately, Shatner swears, he wanted all jokes to be at the expense of the faux-moviemakers. Shatner soon discovered that there was no limit to just how bizarrely the fake filmmakers could behave. "We were relying on the feeling that people fantasize that Hollywood is filled with extraordinary individuals who are way beyond any kind of reality," he says.

Asked how he felt about ordinary people viewing showbiz folk this way, Shatner says, "It is disturbing, on the one hand; on the other, it's part of the fantasy of make-believe, and the make-believe extends to the reality of the people themselves. Therein lies the popularity of all these mags and tabloids that pursue these celebrities' lives."

Shatner says he wound up finding a friend. "There was a wonderful guy," he says, "a farmer. He's as solid an individual as you would want to have. He knew what he wanted. He had his ideals. He was the guy I admired most. And he liked me, and that was a real commendation."

But then the truth came out. "I worried. I wanted him not to be offended. I was so heartened that he came back. It was something like, 'I can see what you guys are doing, and I feel all right about it now, although, at first, it offended me to be lied to. I thought you didn't like us, that you were playing the stupid-pig-farmer-in-Iowa card, but now I see that it wasn't that at all.' I assured him that it wasn't."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XandraSkye

From the 'Entertainment News' on TVGuide.com.

BOSTON BUMPED:back with an unheard-of 27 original episodes." Unless something better comes along again.

Art: You obviously don't read the threads too closely.  I posted the same thing.  Look two posts up from yours.  AND, I also posted it in the Grey Anatomy thread too.  Since I posted them before you, I WIN!  :P  :wink:  :lol:

lol lol lol :P:P:)

• 6 months later...

ap_100.jpg

'Boston Legal' Welcomes Michael J. Fox

fox_michael_j.jpg

Michael J. Fox

NEW YORK - Michael J. Fox, who left his "Spin City" sitcom because of his fight against Parkinson's disease, will guest star on three episodes of "Boston Legal" scheduled to air this season. Fox will play a CEO battling stage-four lung cancer who hires Denny Crane (William Shatner) and his associates to represent him in a lawsuit involving a promising anticancer drug.

During one of his visits, Fox's character becomes involved with Denise Bauer (Julie Bowen), one of the firm's lawyers. "We couldn't be more excited. His comedic and dramatic strengths make him a natural for this series," creator and executive producer David E. Kelley said in a statement.

The Emmy-winning actor started the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research after revealing in 1998 that he was battling the disease, a degenerative neurological disorder that affects movement. Fox, 44, left "Spin City" at the end of the 1999-2000 season.

• 1 month later...

SPOILER ALERT....HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Boston Legal (ABC) Updated on December 22

> The five unseen episodes from Season 1 will become the start of a 27-episode second season. The series airs on Tuesdays at 10 p.m.

• 12/11 - Episode 2.11 - The Cancer Man [Airing January 10]: Denny is being honored but is too busy having sex in the coat closet. Shirley and Denise represent Daniel Post (played by Michael J. Fox), a wealthy man with Stage 4 lung cancer who was in a double-blind study for a cancer cure and was specifically given the drug instead of the placebo. Brad is up for partner, but Shore has other ideas. Award-winning actor Michael J. Fox ("Spin City," "Family Ties") will guest-star in a three-episode arc as Daniel Post and will become personally involved with Denise Bauer. [Note: Summary originally posted 10/26 and updated on 12/11.]
  • 11/07 - Episode 2.12 - Helping Hands [Airing January 17]: Alan defends Jerry for attempted murder against Shirley. Denny is in love with Bev and wants Alan's approval. Denise represents Tracy, Rachel's English teacher. She is accusing her parents, George and Gigi Gering, of harassment.
  • 11/15 - Episode 2.13 - Too Much Information [Airing January 24]: Catherine Piper holds up a convenience store with a rubber gun and Alan, feeling guilty for not hiring her as his assistant after Shirley fired her, tries to make it go away. Denise consults Alan on an invasion of privacy case, Emely Hayden, whose HMO posted private information on their Web site leading to the murder of her mother. Brad has dinner with Bev.
  • 12/11 - Episode 2.14 - Breast in Show: Daniel is dying and his family throws him a funeral, which proves to much for Denise to bear. Alan and Shirley defend Irma, who took off her shirt during a protest and is now being charged with a felony for political reasons. If she is convicted, she will have to register as a sex offender. [Note: It is possible this episode will air earlier or that Michael J. Fox will appear in more than 3 episodes.]

• 12/22 - Episode 2.15 - Smile: Shirley and Denise represent Amelia Warner (18), who was raped and is now pregnant because a Catholic hospital refused to give her the morning-after pill, and she insists on a trial to go public with it. Alan's former secretary (Phyllis Deaver) asks for his help in getting her daughter (Marissa) into a private school, who has nerve damage and cannot smile.
End Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

SPOIER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE.....DO NOT QUOTE

Boston Legal

• 01/02 - Episode 2.16 - Live Big: Shirley's ex-husband, who cheated on her with her sister on their honeymoon, asks her to be his best man at his wedding. Shirley is not sure of he has changed or is lying to his bride to be, Missy. Ryan Myerson helped euthanize his wife after she got Alzheimer's. When his lawyer recommends he plead to manslaughter because he can't win the trial, he wants Alan to take over. After 7 years of not speaking, Paul tries to reconnect with his daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

SPOILER ALERT...HIGHLIGHT TO SEE....DO NOT QUOTE

01/12 - Epsiode 2.17 - There's Fire: Denny and Bev marry. She wants them to retire and move to an island. Later in the episode, she is suing for divorce, which may ruin the firm if certain information becomes public. Alan defends a woman whose employer won't allow her to smoke in her own home.

• 8 months later...

Had to bump this thread. LOVE this show. Creator David E. Kelley is a comedic genius. I followed him from Ally McBeal and hope he never runs out of ideas for this show. He has a way of bringing in the most unusual names/talents. Hosted Michael Fox's return. Now featuring a dwarf. Just excellent.

I've always been a huge James Spader fan and he's a perfect foil to Shatner. Last night, the two of them (almost) wrestling over Candice Bergen was just priceless. Even Betty White made a quick reappearance.

Yup, just love this ensemble.