Big Brother 8 Controversy

bb11addict

I am just curious as to how everyone else feels about the recent controversy surrounding the big brother 8 house.

-amber not being able to be interviewed

-no more evictees on house calls

-not even on the today show

-no more interviews until after the finale

Some questions I have:

-what is going with big brother?

-will they even bring the show back next year?

-do you think that they'll bring it back next year?

-can they handle another year of controversy?

-is this what cbs was looking for this year?

-does this kind of stuff bring in the ratings on the show?

WHAT DO YOU THINK? I WANT TO KNOW!

I'd imagine it's a precaution, but at this point a bit heavy handed because, post-Eric, what is the real harm in the jury finding out he was America's Player? I can't even see his vote being dictated by us being a problem. What, is the news going to effect the jury vote?

But I'd imagine for some reason they want to save America's Player for a big all at once reveal on the finale. And what's to keep some idiot on the Today show from screaming out "ERIC WAS AMERICA'S PLAYER WE CONTROLLED HIM!" or even on Housecalls from saying you were going to ask a real question but then just blurting out the twist.

If they bring it back next year(which they will), I think the show needs a revamp. Not just a new house design either, a whole new direction. I'm tired of seeing the same pattern every year, and would actually like to be surprised.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the house thinks when they find out about AP and how it enabled Dick and Danielle to make it so far -- and of course eliminate each one of the houseguests in the process. It seems to me, with the exception of the Donatos, they all got screwed to some extent by this AP thing. Donatos should love it -- although it must be difficult knowing your win is tainted -- and according to some people, not even legit while I would imagine the rest might feel like they really got took for a ride.

I'd imagine it's a precaution, but at this point a bit heavy handed because, post-Eric, what is the real harm in the jury finding out he was America's Player? I can't even see his vote being dictated by us being a problem. What, is the news going to effect the jury vote?

Because there are still some people on the jury that aren't sure if Eric really did the things he was accused of, such as the ghost votes and any other things we made him do, like the mustard thing. Part of his strategy could be to go in the jury house and blame alot of it on whoever he doesn't want to win.

If he told them all, I actually think people would start feeling sorry for Daniele, because those ghost votes were a direct reason why Nick was eliminated and that it affected Dani's gameplay for the worst... or something.

Who knows how they will react when they find out. My point is that no matter how they react, the AP twist changed the game in drastic ways and thus the knowledge of it could affect the outcome of who wins out of this final four.

Can't wait to see what the rest of the house thinks when they find out about AP and how it enabled Dick and Danielle to make it so far -- and of course eliminate each one of the houseguests in the process. It seems to me, with the exception of the Donatos, they all got screwed to some extent by this AP thing. Donatos should love it -- although it must be difficult knowing your win is tainted -- and according to some people, not even legit while I would imagine the rest might feel like they really got took for a ride.

Amen!

I don't consider it a tainted win if Dick or Daniele win... The AP was part of the game, and things went as they were meant to, If AP wasn't a part of the game things might have gone different, but AP was a part of the game when they walked in that door as much as the rest of them were part of the game too... The only way I would say it was tainted would be if someone cheated, and that didn't happen...

Well, there is no controversy about the Today show, because it's called "The Early Show!" (just being snarky!)

I don't think the Donato victory will be tainted because of AP...that's part of the game. I think it's more tainted because it was an unfair advantage to have a father/daughter in the house. (imho)

I don't think the Donato victory will be tainted because of AP...that's part of the game. I think it's more tainted because it was an unfair advantage to have a father/daughter in the house. (imho)

And yet the other house guests kept them in the game.

I don't consider it a tainted win if Dick or Daniele win... The AP was part of the game, and things went as they were meant to, If AP wasn't a part of the game things might have gone different, but AP was a part of the game when they walked in that door as much as the rest of them were part of the game too... The only way I would say it was tainted would be if someone cheated, and that didn't happen...

Hi Yana :animated_wave: ... I absolutely agree!!!!!

And yet the other house guests kept them in the game.

Yes, I totally agree with that...I think what I'm saying is...I would imagine that it is different KNOWING that you can trust one person completely, I think the game doesn't take it's toll as much. Plus, you're able to make deals that perhaps you couldn't make if you were in the game by yourself.

But, the houseguests had their chance to get rid of them, and for some reason accepted their deals instead of thinking..."This is a powerful alliance that must be broken up at all costs."

I watched that Housecalls that day they should have had Amber on and Janelle was there

instead. Gretchen reads this statement that to keep the integrity of the game blah blah blah

imo it was simply a way to keep psycho Amber from being completely humilated in

person. As it was she was skewered on the show by Gretchen for being well Amber.

If you watch it you will pick up that reasoning right away. They couldn't take the chance

that dillusional Amber would think that maybe she isn't that popular. That it would send

her over the edge. I agree.

amber would never had known that she wasnt liked. they screen all the questions. they dont take calls. they have questions emailed and they pick which ones they will use. they would not use any that would send her any negative messages about how people thought of her.

as for janelle being there.. she was scheduled to be there already... she wasnt there because amber wasnt... had amber been there, janelle still would have been there.

yes i did watch it. i watched it live. BUT.... had amber been there, i doubt it would have gone that way. the only time they dog on the HG is when the HG are NOT there! when they are there, they are very careful with what they say and they dont bash them.

remember all the times Marcellass would say he was going to give a HG a piece of his mind... and go off on them? but then they would get there and he would totally be cool with them. especially when it came to the jury people. CBS and BB would not allow them to treat them like crap or to give them any idea how the outside world viewed them.. it could mess with the voting.

gretchen just would not do that had amber been on the show that day.

But fizzle you may be right about how much Gretchen would have said but

how would she have ever got around the pre taped message by Amber?

It was so bad Janelle and her were laughing hysterically. It would not have

gone over well. I am positive that is why all of sudden starting with Amber

no guests can come on. Please.

Archived