Double Standard

Vince

ok, first off, my whole point is that Jen was absolutely right to do something to tick off the producers. Go to this article online at MSNBC and read it: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20423839/

I can't believe that all of you defending the producers in harassing Jen think it's a-ok for not only Dick, but a producer in the diary room to use the c-word on her. I'm sorry but that is absolutely wrong to attack her that way. yes, she's self involved and has some growing to do, but no woman should have had to endure the verbal torture on a daily basis in that game the way she did and from a BB producer as well. The producers also had no right to encourage the entire house to harass her to the very end.

Just as when she boldly stood up to Dick even when he was pouring tea on her head (Amber would have been reduced to a puddle of tears) Jen withstood the constant onslaught far better than probably anyone else in the house would have done. For that alone she deserves praise.

If you notice from this article and I've seen it written elsewhere online the mustard stains did not come out.

The article states that often on the live feeds one could hear houseguests explaining that they were often pressured to say certain things for the camera they didn't really want to say in their diary room sessions. I suppose for good tv.

Well, Janelle has stated in two interviews now that she likes Jen and isn't bothered by her breaking the food restrictions so I'm far from alone in my opinion on this.

And I still applaud her for choosing healthy food choices when she did break it. She voluntarily chose the 30 days of slop and I applaud her for that as well. Give the woman credit for what she did right. If I had someone harassing me nonstop for 50 some days and find the producers encouraging it I'd break the rules too. That's simply far too much pressure to have to deal with. I'd do anything to get out of that environment and somewhere where I'm no longer threatened. I'm more ashamed of the houseguests who allowed the abuse to go on and turned their heads.

Having said all that her crying over her pic was pretty lame. Girlfriend needs to get over herself.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep that is the way it went down Mikede

There is a thing about the integrity of the game. Jen chose not to honor the rules of Big Brother. She was too good for the game. She could go off and model and make more money.

Marty, even though I usually disagree with you, you always make good arguments.

However, did you really just use the words "integrity" and "Big Brother" in the same sentence?

The integrity of this game was lost long ago. If the producers can cheat, so can Jen. Using the integrity of the game as an excuse is ludicrous to me since there is none.

Vince, I agree with you on most parts. I started off not liking Jen, but then I really started to root for her, Heck, I even started to look past the ChillTown connection. Once she left, things got very boring and predictable. There would be no Jen v Dick final 2 showdown.

I do think on Jen's rampage, she was told that the mustard caper was part of this season's twist, although I don't think they went as far as to say who and what exactly.

I think the eating while on slop, as more of a "What are they going to do, fire me" stunt. I think after they told her about the caper twist, they (the EP's) knew Jen would eventually figure it all out, so they had to give her a penalty vote, not nomination, to insure she left. You have to give her credit, she did ake the rats behind the walls scramble.

my two cents: I don't think Jen was scolded at all for the cigarette incident. I think she actually go permission to do it. Big Brother did, however, replace the cigarettes. Her penalty vote was for blatantly breaking a Big Brother rule that is posted in the rule book.

You are right here Kele... That's why she "said" she got mad and ate... Because BB gave Dick back his cigs, but I think she was planning on eating before she destoryed the cigs... JMHO...

Oh my gosh

NBC writes and article that bashes a CBS show. The writer sounded pretty biased.

That part the writer said that Daniele said that the producer in DR called Jen the C word I missed. Is there any truth to this? I can't imagine a producer doing that. Just can't.

If it was said by Daniele then it wasn't on the feeds... I read about 10 different boards each day, and it was never mentioned on any of them, and trust me it would have been if Daniele had said it on the feeds...

I'm not going to get into the wrongs and rights of Eric's AP task that ended up being the "Mustard Shirt" saga.....

But - I think Eric probably just picked up the 1st thing he could before Jen got done doing what she was doing (not knowing mustard stains).... he could have just as easily picked up a bottle of syrup or smeared peanut butter on the shirt.

and Jen wanted 'OUT' of the House..... she got out of the house....

and so on - and so on - and Scooby Dooby Doo

Not for nothin but....

years ago while out, a yellow mustard bottle cap came off and mustard got all over my friends cream SILK shirt. We still had a 2 hour drive to my house. Once home, I poured liquid ERA washing detergent on it, let it "soak" in then washed as normal. NO MORE MUSTARD Stains !!

I have sworn by the stuff since !!

Vince...relax.

If you notice from this article and I've seen it written elsewhere online the mustard stains did not come out.

I remember her saying the stains came out so she was going to let it go.

And I still applaud her for choosing healthy food choices when she did break it.

The way I see it she shoveled food into her mouth non-stop for like an hour. Yeah, that's real healthy!!!!!

The way I see it she shoveled food into her mouth non-stop for like an hour. Yeah, that's real healthy!!!!!

more like 3 hours... it took up all of showtime :animated_rotfl: she ate a lot that night.. even while fighting with dick, she didnt miss anything.. she kept chewing. lmao

Can you blame her. She was on slop for weeks. If it was me, I wouldn't even bother getting it out of the fridge, I would have crawled in.

If it was me I would not have won a comp on the premise of eating slop. Winning that comp changed the course of the game.

So no I am not clapping for Jen for breaking the rules. It was disgusting.

Jen won the POV by promising to eat slop. She saved herself & Kail went home that week. The POV Jen won could have changed the outcome of the game. I think Jen should have been kicked out for eating but that didn't happen. Still I don't complain about it.

Archived