Some Interesting Useless Bb Information

salter-path

Some interesting useless BB info ~ Talk about a cheap thrill~

Hgs (minus the final 2 and make it to seq) actually earn less than Federal minimun wage~

They spend approx 2184 hours (91 days) in a BB house~ earn $750 wk stippend ($9750)= $4.46 per hr.

Federal Minimum Wage rate of $5.85!

If they worked a 40 hr week for $9750 they still would only earn $18.75 per hr.

Thanks, Salter-path.

Very interesting.

Considering everything they gave up to be in the house, you would think CBS could afford to pay them at least double.

(Especially since the grand prize is still only HALF a million.)

I don't think the people who don't win deserve a dime. I think it's SUPER nice of BB to compensate them with something. It's their choice to be on the reality show. I remember thinking "oh that's awesome" not "they deserve at least that" when I heard they got paid.

They didn't enter the house til July 5th so that's only 76 days in the BB House but the hourly rate still comes out about the same either way. But if you figure that most people don't get paid for sleeping they actually make around $6.50/hr (except for Jess who is only awake around 4 hours per day so she makes about $25/hr) :animated_rotfl:

See the thing is that they have to be paid the minimum because of the union... The minimum an "actor" can be paid is the $ 750.00 a week... The way I see it is they have free room and board plus they are getting the $ 750.00 a week... That's a lot if you take everything into consideration... Where else can you go and stay for 76 days and not only earn $ 750.00 a week, but also have a place to stay for free that also feeds you? Remember that BB pays for their food... I don't know of any other job that does it... But really not one that is going to let you lay out by the pool, swim, soak in the hot tub, and gosip like the BB house... :)... This is as always just my opinion...

They didn't enter the house til July 5th so that's only 76 days in the BB House
Well, although the first episode only gets shown on July 5th, when the feeds come on, you see that several days have passed since the events shown. This is because they are in the house for a few days before the first show gets shown.

Also, the houseguests are sequestered for a few days (or up to a week) BEFORE they go into the house, during which time CBS does their press releases about the houseguests.

That's where the total of 91 comes from.

It is true, they aren't doing much for the stipend, and I to think it is a nicety that they are paying them, and 18.50/hr is really a good wage here to a lot. I wait tbles and do not get an actual check, I can make more than the 18.50/hr, sometimes it is more like 20 25/hr, depending on business, but I work really HARD for that, but NEVER would get 40 hrs, in restaurant world a server would be hard pressed to get 25 hrs. My boss said to me the other night he was worried about me because I broke 20 hrs last week, he wanted to know if I had worn myself out, what ever!!! I would love to lay out by the pool, drink eat, gossip, and then go to Mexico or some warm place and be free of the world, AND get paid, yep, I would like that.

and what are most of them giving up when 50% of the cast members have been students or food service workers? Waitresses usually get like 2 bucks an hour plus tips, which where these people live would barely cover their rent,transportation, and food. Here they're getting PAID to live in a house where food is provided to them, and they have no transportation costs because they have nowhere to go. Cry me a river! :crybaby:

Exactly, I am a server, I get paid 2.13/hr,BUT with tips it works into some good dollars, I get a paper check with nothing but statistics on it I wouldn't trade my job for anything, because I do work really HARD when I am there, but only work 20 or so hrs a week and that is 5 shifts, you are right, most of them are students, or want to be actors, or in between jobs, and to get paid to lay around and do nothing might just be great, for a while, I couldn't take too much of that. I would like the jury house part of it, where the world is shut out and I am sunning myself for dollars, nice work if you can get it.lol

absof**kinglutely!!!!! :food-smiley-005:

Archived