Wednesday, September 5th

CeCiMom

LOL dont be so defensive It could Happen!!!! LOLROTF

Let me tell you as one who falls on a regular basis slippery is slippery wet ice verses oil I dont have the coefficient of frriction sitting here but your feet probably wont be able to tell the difference anyway

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Templeton, I gotta say I'm with you here.

I'm Jewish (well, that's my background anyway), and it's absolutely true that Jews in general are NOT athletes!

I don't think there's anything genetic or inherent about. As a matter of fact, I think Jews are quite proud of not being athletes! Traditionally (and erroneously) they have felt that being book-smart is not compatible with athletic prowess, and vice-versa...and given the "choice", they'll pick the book-smarts every time!

Templeton, I gotta say I'm with you here.

I'm Jewish (well, that's my background anyway), and it's absolutely true that Jews in general are NOT athletes!

I don't think there's anything genetic or inherent about. As a matter of fact, I think Jews are quite proud of not being athletes! Traditionally (and erroneously) they have felt that being book-smart is not compatible with athletic prowess, and vice-versa...and given the "choice", they'll pick the book-smarts every time!

Thank you, that is all I was really trying to say, but you articulated it better than I did. I got off on some rant about hockey players, but being Canadian I guess that is to be expected :D

Rudi Ball, German hockey player Olympic bronze, 1932, World runner-up 1930, bronze 1934 [27]

Sean Bergenheim, Finnish hockey player

Max Birbraer, Russian from Kazakhstan; lived & played in Israel. First Israeli to be drafted by an NHL team (The New Jersey Devils).

Hy Buller, Canadian-born U.S. hockey player

Michael Cammalleri, Canadian hockey player

Vitaly Davydov, Soviet hockey player, Olympic champion 1964, 1968, 1972, World & European champion 1963-1971, runner-up 1972

Steve Dubinsky, U.S. hockey player

Jeff Halpern, U.S. hockey player

Adam Henrich, Canadian hockey player

Michael Henrich, Canadian hockey player, highest-drafted Jewish player ever - by the Edmonton Oilers

Corey Hirsch, NHL goalie

Alfred Kuchevsky Soviet hockey player, Olympic champion 1956, bronze 1960

Alex Levinsky Canadian hockey player (NHL) circa 1930s, 1940s

Yuri Moiseev, Soviet hockey player, Olympic champion 1968, World & European champion 1968

Vladimir Myshkin, Soviet hockey player, Olympic champion 1984, bronze 1983

David Nemirovsky, Canadian hockey player

Bob Nystrom, Canadian hockey player (converted to Judaism)

Eric Nystrom, American hockey left winger & son of former National Hockey League player Bob Nystr

Perhaps Jewish immigrants are not but I can assure you Jews from Israel are extremely good athletes and the males especially are in very good shape in the country as a whole. Israel is not a very "fat" nation, ala America and England.

As a fellow Canadian, I totally understand, Templeton.

Canadian = HOCKEY!!!

It's my huge obsession--and hey, my team ( Ottawa Sens) went to the cup finals last year. It was awesome!!!

Ya ya, I know this is all off-topic. But I just had to respond...!!!

And the stereotypes keep coming...wow, that's depressing...

I'm less surprised that Eric didn't so well at the sliding comp than I am about Danielle and Dick. The space was, IMO, the length of a good sized bar. Slipping and sliding on beer/liquor covered floors (with or without bar mats) is a daily thing. As far as Danielle, all the Hooters that I've seen have hardwood floors. I would think her hand would be more steady, she would be able to carry more than two cups in a hand (I can carry two beers and a rocks glass, and I have small hands), and used to slick floors.

Perhaps Templeton and I could start a new thread...something like "So What's With Jews and Hockey?"...

BUT, back on-topic...I think it's fair to say that Eric is ridiculously uncoordinated, IF what he shows is the reality.

I have to say I think he intentionally exaggerates his clumsiness and awkwardness so that he doesn't have to feel responsible for his losses...I mean hey, the weaving routine after he got out of the spinning chair was WAY over the top...

as I was saying before my experience was called into question

I have a hard time believing that a kid even a jewishish one from NY wouldnt have more balance than what he was showing because he deals with slidding on ice sheets in the street

thats all

you can disagree all you want just dont make a such a blanket statement like jews are this or blacks are this. My observation was according to my expeience thats all let it be what it is an observation

i think that all of us have a right to our opinions i may ask you you why do you say that but i wont ask you to prove it

Archived