Britney's Come Back Song & Vma Performance

ElleNaturelle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-UUkxe3524...ted&search=

What are your thoughts?

I didn't like it much the first time I heard it, but it's grown on me. Kinda reminds me of Madonna.

I think it would be better though if it were faster and had less moaning. I feel kinda dirty listening to it even when I'm in the shower.

Thanks Elle... I was wanting to hear this song. Another new one called "Cold as Fire" through that link too. :)

It was terrible. She looked scared to be on stage, hardly made her dance moves, the outfit was atrocious... I felt kinda sad for her actually.

That's hilarious. I'll have to look up the video now although I expect there to be repeats. I always want her to make a comeback and feel she has been stalked to a degree that would make anyone go insane, but when you're given a great opportunity and you absolutely BLOW IT, you deserve everything you get!!!!!!!!! She was out partying every night prior to her performance until the wee hours in the morning. GREAT way to prepare! What an idiot!

I have not seen the video, but the AM sports talk radio show that I listen to in the morning was discussing her appearance. They said she looked about 20 lbs over weight in her outfit and about half way through stopped lip syncing altogether. They said it was a train wreck.

At this point, I don't feel sorry for her. There is no reason for her to continually play the trainwreck role. She has plenty of money and can easily move to another area of the country. She is not required to parade herself on national television and make a fool of herself, she has done it to herself...and oops, she did it again.

For those of you who missed it (shame on you...or lucky you, I haven't yet decided as it is kinda depressing), here's a very small snippet of her "come back"... notice at the end how when they pan the audience, some aren't even clapping =/

And no, you're not lagging.... her lips really are moving in the WRONG spot (or not at all in some) and she's barely alive when she walks across the stage.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...mp;ch=&src=

Ya, that was it.. I'm sorry (I think) that you missed the whole thing. I'm sure it will be up on You Tube eventually. How could something like this NOT be?

Anyhow, I'd like to know who her manager is. He/she should be fired for allowing her to go ahead like that. Sometimes it's better to not show up at all, than to show up and do THAT. I'd rather leave ppl guessing, than to remove all doubt so to speak and have myself come off looking worse than I might have otherwise.

I feel bad for the girl. One, she should not have been wearing that costume. Frankly, I still think she has a great body, but when you're use to seeing it a little more toned, it's embarrassing to be something you no longer are. 20 lbs over weight really isn't a big deal, let's get our heads on straight, but when you've set another standard for yourself and this is your big "come back"...well shouldn't you be coming back to what you once were? IDK...

Also, I'm not surprised that she was out of sync as such. I remember hearing on the radio how her people were upset with her because she hadn't been going to rehearsals etc.. Okay, this may be true, this may have been expected, but once you know all this, shouldn't you cancel her appearance?!?!! They basically allowed her to make a mockery of herself, it's more than a little sad. She's at a point where she's incapable of helping herself or doing things on her own. Someone needs to be there to make good decisions FOR her.

PH2007091000579.jpg

Here's a picture from The Washington Post. And I'm sorry, I'm a little over weight and i know not to prance around in an outfit like that. I don't wear a moo-moo either, but damn girl.

Mark this date, here's my prediction: 2009: Big Brother House Guest Richard Danato and former Pop-Teen Queen Brittany Spears will on a new season of VH1's Surreal Life.

I know I am in the minority but I really felt bad for her. The song isnt bad, but she was in no way ready to get back on stage. I agree she put on a few pounds, and sahouldnt hasve worn that outfit, however she is in no way fat, she just not toned anymore. I hope her next performance will be better.

Brit is NOT fat!

Gawd, so she doesn't have the perfect body she used to, but who does after having 2 kids in practically 18 months?? She would of been better off in a less revealing outfit - perhaps that would have given her some extra confidence. Obviously she was a nervous wreck.

To me she wasn't a nervous wreck at all. She was just a mess from lack of preparation, drugs, lack of self respect for how she would come off to others, stupid decisions the days/weeks leading up, and again... lack of preparation! Someone who has performed as much as her should not have been off on her singing at all. Same can be said by her terrible dancing. There was no snap or accuracy in anything. She's a loser now.

Britney is in deep emotional trouble. Where is her family? I know she had a huge falling out with her mother a while back, but it is time for a serious intervention. No one lets their life get this out of control by concious choice. Britney needs to be in a medical environment with no contact to the "Users" that currently surround her.

Her new song is awful, her appearance, and performance on MTV were pitiful. A huge cry for help! I do not think that there is anything to gain by the press and bloggers calling Britney names and mocking her. This is just cruel. I hope that she gets the help that she needs and soon.

i did feel sorry for her, i know she's brought many of her troubles upon herself..but watching her perform made me actually uncomfortable

and no i do not think she is fat, she's gotten herself much MORE in shape and good for her, but there is a point that one's body just does not look its best gyrating on a stage in a sparkly sequined bikini

i thought her face looked much better than i've seen her in pictures for the last several months, but the hair is still crapity crap.....

as for the song, who was even listening? i was busy watching the cameras cut to the onlooking fellow performers in the audience who were each either laughing or staring with a slight look of displeasure

I don't think you're the minority blackcat. I don't think she's fat at all... but, the girl did just have two kids and a woman's tummy takes time to get back after that. I just think it was the wrong outfit to wear.

I agree with (sorry, don't remember who above said it) but, you're right... it was lack of preparation. It came off to me as being scared to be on stage but, I think that was because she wasn't sure of her moves. She seemed almost lethargic at the beginning.

Personally, I'm really hoping she turns things around. I thought it was going to be a great jump off for her new album and maybe my expectations were too high. Whatever it is... she has time before the Nov. release to get the routine learned and maybe she'll even actually sing during a performance. I'd love her to do that... I'm not fond of the lip sync'ing all the time.

Someone mentioned her management. All, I can say about that is all the people in her life that would have stopped her from doing this before she was ready... was fired after the re-hab situation. I'm sure those that are trying to lead her career now are not able to be anything but, "yes" people or they'll get fired too.

• 2 weeks later...

she needs to stay retire her times has come and gone

Archived