Leslie Nease

Dade

photo_leslie.jpg

Leslie

Home Town: Tega Cay, SC

Bio

Leslie Nease's stepfather was a United States Marine, so she traveled with her family all over the world. She attended and graduated from Kubasaki High School in Okinawa, Japan. Moving back to the United States, Nease attended two years of college at Shepherd College in Shepherdstown, West Virginia.

Nease currently works as a Christian host for a midmorning radio show. She is on the air from 9 am until noon, and then spends the rest of her day being mom to her four kids, Stephanie, Tommy, Kennedy and Peyton. She also teaches fitness classes three nights a week (step, kickboxing, sculpt and cycle) and has her own speaking ministry where she encourages others in their faith. She has written a book about fitness & spirituality called Body Builders. She has previously worked as a personal trainer and waitress.

Nease's hobbies include reading and studying scripture, writing poetry, yard sales and camping with her family. Her favorite sport is volleyball. She describes herself as energetic, passionate and overwhelming. Her favorite topics are what she considers to be her "Four Fs": Faith, Family, Friends and Fitness. She was Mrs. North Carolina in the Mrs. USA pageant in Las Vegas in August 2001. In March 2003, she was the first New York finalist in the Regis & Kelly co-host search when Kelly went on maternity leave. In April 2006, she went on a mission trip to La Paz, Cochabamba and Santa Cruz, Bolivia, where they spent most of their time outdoors in the Andes Mountains visiting Compassion International-sponsored children in underdeveloped areas.

Nease has auditioned for SURVIVOR every season for the past five years. She always wanted to experience SURVIVOR for herself and decided she wasn't giving up. She never let the rejection get her down, but instead allowed it to fuel her passion for the adventure. Finally, after 11 audition tapes, her dream is coming true.

Nease currently resides in Tega Cay, South Carolina with her husband of 18 years, Rod. They have one dog, Buddy. Her birth date is March 25, 1969.

Favorites

Colors Seafoam green, burgundy

Scents Clean laundry

Flowers Daisies

Board Games Balderdash, Scattergories

Video/Computer Games No favorite

Sports to Play Volleyball, softball

Sports Teams Carolina Panthers

Outdoor Activities Camping, kayaking

TV Shows SURVIVOR, The Office, Heroes, Friday Night Lights

Movies Dumb and Dumber, Joan of Arc, GI Jane

Music Contemporary Christian

Magazines Fitness, Today's Christian Woman

Books/Authors The Debt, The Bible

Cereal Raisin Nut Bran

Fruit Cantaloupe, pineapple

Chips/Snacks Whole wheat pita and hummus

Cookies Oreos

Candy Bars Twix

Alcoholic Drinks No favorite

Non-Alcoholic Drinks Sweet tea, Starbucks coffee

CBS

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me- I think it's going to be interesting to see how she meshs with the other survivors...or if her job even comes up. I do think she'll pose a threat though so I'm not sure if she'll make it to the merge. That is, unless she can tone down her abilities and faith so she seems harmless to the other players.

She can't be "ram it down your throat" Bible beater if she likes The Office, Heroes and BALDERDASH!!

I like her, but I see the youngers "ladies" ganging up on her and booting her too early.

Was not impressed with the lack of respect she showed the Buddist temple and culture. But there are bigger messes on her tribe, so I think she'll be ok.

I like her ... so far. At least the temple thing proved she's strong-willed.

And what she said to James -- "Just ask questions, people love to talk about themselves" -- proves she's a smart cookie. Nothing wrong with making friends with the strong ones, but I think her talk with James was genuine.

I peg her for the mom of the group at this point. Don't know if she'll 'survive' until a bit later into the show. But I like her.

im teeter tootering on her as of now. she said she not religious, but she is a christian radio host and wouldt participate in a welcome ceremony. but i liked how she was giving james pointers and kinda looking out for him. her view on gays will be the clincher

I think Courtney showed more disrespect in the temple. At least Leslie stuck with her convictions and had the sense to walk out.

My thoughts exactly, Jersey. I respect someone who is strong enough in their convictions to act on them, even at the risk of affecting her status in the game. I like her so far. Courtney, on the other hand, was totally obnoxious and reminded me of a bratty teen.

I had a ton of respect for Leslie when she walked out of the Buddhist welcome ceremony. As a Christian, as I was watching the show, I immediately thought to myself, this is where I would walk out. Welcome ceremony or not, I felt the same as Leslie did, it felt and looked like worship. Good for her to stand up when she feels something is not right.

Not knowing the rules of being at a temple, it would make sense to an outsider to walk out, but it's deeply disrespectful esp now that you're combining it with the fact it was a welcoming ceremony for them. The Chinese take traditions and rules very seriously and I can assure you the Chinese did not understand why she was being so rude even if she is a Christian. It's a whole other culture (obviously), and you're in their temple. She should have just sat there in silence instead of disrespecting the temple and those in it. Even moving around too much after you are seated is disrespectful to those there. However, she should have been explained this before entering, so again.. I don't blame her.

Maybe Leslie takes her faith very seriously, too. The ceremony, although only a welcome ceremony, did seem a bit like worship. If her faith is as strong as she claims it to be, might be why she was having such a hard time -- hence the sweat and the need to leave. I'm not an overly religious person, but I respect and understand her decision.

Better than rolling your eyes. Now that's disrespect.

I would agree with you justme, except for one thing. She said she is NOT that religious afterwards. So if her faith is too strong to go through a welcome ceremony, then her faith would have been strong enough to admit to it, instead of saying "I am not all that religious"....just saying

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name