Tuesday, August 28th

jessca4life

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I can not say for fact, I am pretty sure that they watched the Power of 10 show tonight when there was the extended FOTH earlier. They have said multiple times that they are not allowed to talk about something, and have been since been hinting about it and we continually get FOTH every time they start to mention it. Just a few minutes ago after Zach said that everyone had to go to DR Jam Eric and Jess were talking and Jess said that she did not have anything to say about it, Jam said that it happened she was glad it happened, and now it was time to move on, and Eric said he would be glad to talk about it. This doesn't seem to fit with the POV IMO.

Actually, from the live feeds earlier I think that Amber got to actually play the game but did not win anything. They have stated that Dani was depressed because she did not get to see Nick( I am guessing that she did not know he was there until they watched the show tonight) and that Amber messed up twice with money. Also, very impresssive that your account was started on the same day as mine and you have 4 times as many posts, I thought I posted alot.

That was so friggin lame IMO. Especially now that Dick/Dani have turned it into the strongest alliance in the house, Carol and Jess was just stupid, now Dustin Joe might have been good had they made it longer and actually got 2 seperate alliances together to go against each other.

I think that New York is not a common subject for a rural Kansas town, so this does not surprise me at all( I am from a small Texas town, and doubt that 75% of people from around here would know that). Only reason I do is because I ran away to there for a few when I was 16, I thought the big city life is what I wanted, but was sorely mistaken(I couldnt sleep for a month with all the street noise). She doesn't seem to know alot about things that do not affect her, but I think that is part of her charm. I was also hoping for a cat fight between Dust and Joe, I am just glad they did not hook back up, that is one showmance I could do without.

think that New York is not a common subject for a rural Kansas town, so this does not surprise me at all.

Not a good excuse for an educated college student .I knew that when I was in middle school and live in the South.

She is a dumb bottle blond :animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl:

Manhattan is the site of both the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ, and is the home to the largest number of corporate headquarters in the nation. It just boggles the mind to think a college student would not know that Manhattan is part of NY city . :animated_rotfl:

Is there a reason she should even care?

I don't give a damn about New York, nor can I say I know much about it.

I'm from Canada and love New York... Great culture, landmarks, history and right next to the ocean... You get a rush just from the ambiance... Looking forward to going back sometime!!

I have two college degrees, and I was very good in geography, but I can't say that I know a whole lot about any state other than my own and those I have studied and visited. When we see the stock exchange, or coverage of 9/11, etc., these events and places are always described as "New York." I think a lot of people don't know about the island of Manhattan.

To me, it's arrogant to think that everyone would automatically know about Manhattan, and yet people from the East Coast don't know anything about Midwestern states. For example, when I visit New Jersey, where we have a vacation home, the people there always make comments about Indiana being completely flat, or being in the "south," which is completely wrong.

I guess I am arrogant then because I knew that in middle school and it is pathetic that a college educated student does not know this fact . I mean the stock exchange is located in that borough. I mean I could understand not knowing the other boroughs but Manhattan come on !

I knew it, also, but I also think that it is odd that people in large cities expect the country to know about them, but they know nothing about the people or the states in between the two coasts.

If you were good in Geography, then that's great. It doesn't make Jessica a completely ignorant person if she wasn't good in Geography, though. It's sort of like grammar or punctuation, in my opinion--I've met very bright people who can't spell or write to save their lives. It doesn't make them stupid--it's just not their strong point.

Archived