Eric Week 8 - America's Player

CeCiMom

It seems lately Eric has become more like Dick with all his comments, etc.

I think Eric either is this way in real life or he's acting more like Dick because of the way america has told him to vote.

Due to the way america has told him to vote I think he thinks he needs to be more like Dick in his actions and words so america will be on his side.

I know Eric has said some bad things earlier in the game. It just seems lately it's gotten worse.

This isn't about liking or disliking either player.

I'm interested in what others think about this.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He said last night that this is the way he really is. He said that he just talked behind people's backs for the first few weeks, but now he is just doing what he wants and talking down to people. Him and Dick were laughing that they would piss off everyone in the jury house. They said that if they were the final 2, they'd just tell the jury to F*** off because they have to vote for one of them.

Another question.

If you were not like Dick and you were the AP and you saw that america liked him due to the way you were told to vote and you wanted to get farther in the game would you start acting like the person america liked?

I believe if Eric got his own way in voting Dick would be out of the house by now.

eric is a twit all by himself. he needs no role model... he is not trying to be another dick. we saw the real eric in the first couple of weeks... and all throughout the game.

as soon as amber called him out about her "secret", he knew he was no longer everyones best friend. (except for jessica)

I have just read through this thread and didn't realize there was this many Eric haters. I personally feel he is playing the best game, since he has had to put up with the whims of the American public and/or CBS whichever you believe.

I would really have loved to have seen the game he could have played without being AP. To have actually survived the backdoor when that has worked so well was amazing. I thought for sure he was a goner. I know he has been very nasty at times with his language but so has everyone else. (Have you heard the language of the vast majority of people in this country? I work out there and hear it everyday and it makes me ill, but as you say that is the way it is) How can you call him a weasel when he is trying to extricate himself from the messes America has put him into.

Eric is not my favorite by any means, my actual favorites are long gone and I am now scrambling for someone I can actually like which with the remaining group is darn hard. I will not bash any other HG in this thread since this is Eric's thread!

PS: Since I am new to this forum and BB please rest assured this is JMHO

i think the problem people have with eric has nothing to do with him being AP... and everything to do with the kind of person he is. he rubs people the wrong way. i dont think people like how he how he has carried himself and represented himself as america's player.

as far as him doing his tasks... when he puts 100% into a task... he is great. he will work all day and all night to complete a task.

but there was a time where he did not put any effort into certain tasks and some fans did not like that. it was a slap in the face.

then add in his personality and is constant cursing and trash talking... i dont know about you, but as a fan, i didnt tell him to act like that. i didnt put in a vote for him to sit around and trash every single HG every day. i didnt vote for him to curse so much that they cant use any clips of him acting that way because it would be one big bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

as i type this, he is saying "screw julie chicken" (julie chen) of course the feeds went to music. tisk tisk

Welcome to the board Trixie!

I can say I dislike Eric because 1) he's Eric and 2) he's AP. Didn't like any one person at the start of the game, but thought I would give Eric a chance because he is from NY, but this AP thing constantly got in the way with my opinions of him. I never liked the way he would talk about people just to fit into the crowd. When I call him a weasel it's not because he is the sneaky AP, but because of the things he says/does in the house. I think Eric is the last person in the house to pass judgement, since he is guilty of all the same things that he speaks unfavorably of in the others.

There's just something about Eric that I can't put my finger on and I cannot find any redeeming qualities in him.

i think the problem people have with eric has nothing to do with him being AP... and everything to do with the kind of person he is. he rubs people the wrong way. i dont think people like how he how he has carried himself and represented himself as america's player.

Thanks for the Welcome :animated_bouncy:

I see Eric as playing down to the level of the other HGs (yes I am giving him the benefit of the doubt) He wasn't doing that in the beginning. If you look at the ones that are no longer there with the exception of Joe and Dustin, they were a totally different group character wise than the ones remaining. JMHO

First, it was Eric who came to DD first, second DD know there best chance of both making Final 2 is with Eric and Jessica and Third your hatred for DD is soooo transparent with your post by saying that they aren't serious about winning.

No, Dick approached Eric with the final four deal, so you're wrong about that.

However, you are right about my hatred of D/D being transparent because I intend it to be. I've always made it clear that I'm not a part of the D/D Love Wagon.

Furthermore, I'm entitled to my opinion just like everyone else is. And I'm glad to see the name-calling in your post was edited out. Just b/c my opinion doesn't jive with yours doesn't mean you have to start calling me names.

He's probably the most intelligent of all the houseguests. Only person this year who could acutally play off being AP and surviving this long.And he's pretty damn funny.

He is a natural weasel and liar, so pulling AP off isn't that hard for him.

IMO not that funny.

Did I say it was?

I'm telling you that if you expect these guys to play the game truthfully through the whole show, BB would not have survived as long as it has.

Honesty has no place in the game and if someone hasn't realized it by now they don't deserve to watch the show. Don't cry about a player being a weasel or a liar because its all just part of the game.

Archived