Ghost Hunters

crustylugholes

I don't really believe in ghosts and goblins, But I do get a big kick out of watching these guys go around to various locales to either 'prove' or debunk that places are 'haunted.' Admittedly, they have captured some strange shenanigans on tape.

TAPS, as they are called, stands for The Atlantic Paranormal Society. http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Simple blue collar plumbers by day and Ghost hunters by night.

They crack me the heck up. There's something wholly entertaining about watching big, tall 200+ pound men squeal like school girls when something goes bump in the dark.

My favorite episodes so far have been when they went to The Stanley hotel in Colorado (where the movie The Shining was filmed) and when they went to Ireland.

Once again Halloween is approaching, my favorite holiday, Last year they had a live show with people texting them questions as they ran around the Stanley hotel. I missed it because I was out doing my own running around. Hopefully this year they will do something equally fun.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I heard that they'll be doing that Halloween special live again this year. Seems like they're trying to make it an annual thing. Don't know if it will be at the same hotel or somewhere else. They had a lot of activity at the light house in St. Augustine, Florida.

Also, in the Sci-Fi thread under Taps, it's posted that Ghosthunters will appear again in September.

• 2 weeks later...

They actually do a lot of workshops and group investigations now for anyone that wants to participate. I think they are having a workshop/investigation at The Stanley this year. If you go to their website or to Jason Hawes' myspace page, they give information on upcoming events. They are also going to China for a couple of weeks (can't remember when exactly, within the next 3 months), but I don't think it's to investigate.

they also have a radio show that airs on Saturday nights called Beyond Reality. You can stream it online. I'll brb with links.

Update: Here are the links:

Jason's myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jasonhawes

Beyond Reality myspace: http://www.myspace.com/beyondrealityradio

website to stream Beyond Reality: http://www.630wpro.com/

TAPS website: http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Is this the show with the British lady? They've been doing these programs for a while now, but she still gets really scared when they hear a noise. You would think she would be used to it by now.

I cannot watch these programs and not laugh at the Hugh Lory (sp?) SNL skit. Too funny.

No. That's Most Haunted and they were busted as phonies by their own crew. The soundman forgot he was ON and they were overheard practicing their fake ghostie crap. TAPS Ghost Hunters never associated with them TAPS debunks everything they can. They aren't there to prove but rather disprove ghosts. But they do have unexplained ordeals they begrudgingly admit aren't normal. Halloween night will be live from Waverly. I've sooooo been there. OOOOOooooo

Is this the show with the British lady? They've been doing these programs for a while now, but she still gets really scared when they hear a noise. You would think she would be used to it by now.

Ghost Hunters could NEVER be confused with Most Haunted, lol. Those guys are fakes, especially Derek. I tried watching that show, but I just can't. The women screaming and cutting up at every little noise drives me nuts. Like you said, you'd think they'd be used to it by now. Now I watch it when I need a good laugh. :animated_rotfl:

Oh, and their special that they had a couple of months ago, did anyone see that? They bit off of Ghost Hunters and did a live investigation, I believe at Eastern State Penitiary (sp). They had web cams and people could write on their message boards if they saw anything. I'm sure that was doctored too. :rolleyes:

Halloween night will be live from Waverly.

Is that the Tuberculosis hospital? I know I've seen the episode, but I can't remember off the top of my head what the place was.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Ghost Hunters Live Six Hour Halloween Special

On this Halloween night, the 2nd annual, six hour Ghost Hunters Live investigation will air on the SCI FI Channel. This year the Ghost Hunters will visit the notoriously haunted Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, KY.

In March 2006, the Ghost Hunters took their first trip to Waverly Hills Sanatorium, one of the country's bona fide "most haunted" places. During the decades when the facility served as a tuberculosis hospital, an estimated 63,000 people died within its walls.

Josh Gates of SCI FI's hit reality series Destination Truth will host Ghost Hunters Live. The show will air in primetime, beginning at 9 PM and running until 3 AM the following morning.

Ghost Hunters Live will allow audience interaction with the all-new "Interactive Headquarters" feature. SCIFI.COM will connect viewers directly with Josh, Jason, Grant and the rest of the team for the entire six hours onsite at Waverly Hills.

Features will include: An exclusive, multi-camera online video feed, including thermal imaging camera views (a must-have for any Ghost Hunters investigation), which will give viewers real-time access to unaired footage so that they may watch for paranormal evidence along with the team.

Exclusive access to photos from the live event posted online every 30 minutes, where viewers can use their own ghost hunting skills to examine the photos, look for supernatural activity and send feedback to the team.

Q&A and the return of the "panic button"

Watching the live show right now. It's funny, I watched the live one last year, fell asleep on it, and at 4 am they were still on b/c they of course were filming all night. They are doing the same thing tonight. Maybe I'll catch a little of it when I do one of my random wake ups tonight, :)

I recorded the show, I'm sad to say I still haven't been able to sit through the whole thing yet.

It just wasn't very interesting this time. And I really could have done without the stupid announcer. He needs to stick to his own show. I like him on that show. Hated him on this one.

• 1 month later...

I love Ghost Hunters! It's not quite the same without the whole team, though. I don't like the new girl very much, and I've never liked the older lady who has been with the show since the first year, but went away for a while. She's the one who does the dowsing rods (I'm not sure how it is spelled).

Apparently, there will be an International version of the show, with Brian and Donna and Andy, I think. I'm looking forward to that--I always love looking at the locations in other parts of the world.

Yes, it will be Ghost Hunters International, starting in January. I figured that Brian might be a part of it, since he has been MIA this season, but I didn't realize that Andy might be a part of it. That should make things interesting, considering Brian and Andy do not have the best relationship.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some info on GH:I. I had a feeling Barry, from Ireland, was going to be a part of it:

Reality TV World:

Sci Fi orders 'Ghost Hunters International' spinoff, to debut in January

Ghost Hunters search for spooks and specters is going global. Sci Fi Channel announced it has ordered Ghost Hunters International, a new spin-off of the reality series that will follow a team of paranormal investigators as they embark throughout Europe to debunk haunted spots across the Atlantic.

While Ghost Hunters follows paranormal "ghostbusters" and real-life plumbers Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson as they investigate hauntings and bizarre occurrences and challenge skeptics across America, the reality series' International spin-off will focus on other members of The Atlantic Paranormal Society who will travel from the States to Europe.

Veteran TAPS members and Ghost Hunters investigators Andy Andrews, Robb Demarest, Brian Harnois and Donna La Croix will participate in Ghost Hunters International. In addition, Barry Fitzgerlad -- who previously appeared in Ghost Hunters when Hawes and Wilson ventured to Ireland -- and newcomer Shannon Sylvia will also be members of Ghost Hunters International's crew.

Ghost Hunters International is scheduled to premiere in January 2008 and is produced by Sci Fi Channel in association with Pilgrim Films and Television. Craig Piligian, Thomas Thayer, Rob Katz and Alan David will serve as executive producers.

In March, Sci Fi announced six more third-season episodes of Ghost Hunters would begin airing in late spring/early summer, and would be followed by six additional new episodes currently airing Wednesdays at 9PM ET/PT. Ghost Hunters second-annual live Halloween night special will air on Wednesday, October 31 and allow home viewers to follow a live investigation and report their own paranormal sightings via a "live interactive panic button."

Ghost Hunter's fourth season is scheduled to premiere in 2008 with a 13 episode run.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't wait!

I am bummed that Brian won't be back though. He was the best part of the show for me (Dude, run!) I've been reading that he was fired from the group, but neither party is talking about it. I guess that's why he's on GHI. From my understanding Donna and Andy also left.