Jen's actions  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Were Jen's actions fair?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Were Jen's actions smart?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you have done the same thing given her situation?

• Yes
    • No

Both sides of the issue do exactly the same thing--ignore the facts and post their opinion of what happened from their viewpoint.

Jen was at fault for hitting at Dick's cigarette. If she had accidentally burned herself while doing that, she would be at fault for that, too, completely. But he was partly at fault for burning her since he turned the cigarette the other way and jabbed her with it, and then promised he would do it again. HE could have walked away, too. It's always Jen that should walk away.

When Dick poured the tea on Jen, would it have been okay for Jen to hit the glass up into his eye because he was stupid enough to be there pouring the tea on her? Assaulting someone because they are stupid enough to be in your face doesn't make it right.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it would be hard for dick to walk away last night cause he was sitting and Jen was standing above him... so the most logical thing would be for jen to do the walking since she was the one standing in the first place.

otherwise, we would have a bunch of people saying "did you see that! Dick PUSHED JEN! he got up and PUSHED JEN as he walked away! did you see it? he should be kicked out of the BB house!

Dick was not blameless at all. He was following her around, berating her, for a long time before this incident

You can keep posting this over and over but it will not make it true. Last night when Dick went in the house Jen followed him through the house and into the round room. He asked her why she was following him. She said she had to get her chapstick. He went back outside and told everyone that Jen is acting weird and following him around the house. He was avoiding her until she destroyed Dick's cigarettes. Then he was doing some of his trash talk but I still think he was avoiding her.

No way was Dick following Jen around it was Jen doing that to Dick.

No one forced Dick to jab at her with the lit cigarette. Nothing anyone says can change that fact. He could have held it and let her grab it and burn herself. He could have thrown it into the grass to keep her from getting burned. He could have yelled to BB that she was assaulting him and he was afraid she would get burned. All of those things would have only added to Jen being in trouble. But instead, he jabbed her with it.

Yeah, and they stepped in when he burned her the second time. My point isn't that BB couldn't see what was happening. My point is that Dick could have done several things instead of choosing to burn her on purpose while she was stupidly slapping at his hand. It's her fault, and it's his fault, too.

I never said Jen wasn't at fault and it seems that is the way all of the Dick fans took it. I am saying they BOTH are EQUALLY at fault. I am truly not a fan of either one. I am just calling for equality. I think they should both pay a penalty nom. Dick DID eat regular food while on slop. He was sitting at the table with Danielle one night on BBAD...not sure which night. I'm sure someone out there does though. He also did mock the process saying "what are they going to do give me a penalty nom." Dick really should have been out on his bum when he threw the tea on Jen's head, not to mention INTENTIONALLY burning her wiht a ciggy and threatening, "that is not the last time you are going to be burned."

I can see why Danielle hasnt spoken to him in so many years. I agree that many things that have happened this season seem staged.

Dick was telling her to get away from him (with stronger language) and she kept coming at him. I heard Jess and Jameka talking later last night that they were afraid that Jen was going to slap his face. So I think in this instance it was her that was out of control.

I am not sure of that Marty. At least when I saw him ask her if she was following him, she had been in the house packing stuff and hiding it in places. She had been roaming from room to room and after he went in the round room she did also to get her chap stick stuff - he asked if she was following him - she said no and then she left. Maybe that is a different time but I didn't feel like she was following him around. JMO though!

Jen was out of control but he was intentionally trying to harm someone and not trying to remove himself thus making him guilty as well.He was also intentionally antagonizing her by blowing smoke in her face when she asked him not to. Which is what caused the situation to escalate.

i said it before i will say it again:

it would be hard for dick to walk away last night cause he was sitting and Jen was standing above him... so the most logical thing would be for jen to do the walking since she was the one standing in the first place.

otherwise, we would have a bunch of people saying "did you see that! Dick PUSHED JEN! he got up and PUSHED JEN as he walked away! did you see it? he should be kicked out of the BB house!

No one forced Dick to jab at her with the lit cigarette. Nothing anyone says can change that fact. He could have held it and let her grab it and burn herself. He could have thrown it into the grass to keep her from getting burned. He could have yelled to BB that she was assaulting him and he was afraid she would get burned. All of those things would have only added to Jen being in trouble. But instead, he jabbed her with it.
When a hand is flying at you, is it in your nature to sit still and let yourself be hit, regardless of where?

Maybe his knee jerk reaction was to try and deflect the oncoming smack. I know that if it were ME, I wouldn't stop for a moment of introspective contemplation in the heat of the moment and think "Hey. Maybe I should let this girl hit me. In fact, I will allow her to hit me, which will get her in trouble and leave me unscatched. Come to think of it. Not only will she have burned her hand, she'll also have hit me, which is against the rules and could get her kicked out. Sounds like a plan!"

He should be kicked out for continuously assaulting HGs. Not to mention this is the 2nd time he had an aggressive episode with Jen...1st dumping tea on her head and 2nd was intentionally burning her with a ciggy..All I have to say is let them go in front of Judge Judy and see how long Dick lasts! Again I am not a Jen or Dick fan...I juast think he should face the same music as him. They should both be put out of the house or at least both face a penalty nom. Go back and look at the tape of last week he too ate regular food when he was on slop. He gave away his slop pass to Jen and I guess him and his fans thinks since he won it he shouldnt have had to eat slop..or they are so blinded by their support of him is all I can figure. GO ERIC!!! Best player in BB history!

Dick has been a complete @sshole to Jen the entire time she's been in the house. I've never heard such disgusting things uttered to another person as I have witnessed him utter to her over and over and over again. Then, when he needs the help, he calls for "peace".. peace? She hasn't been the one harassing him, other way around. But because everyone else hates her, she agrees...really, what else is she suppose to do? She acts nonchalant and collected on the outside, but you know the names are affecting her. So she agrees and makes peace. Next thing you know, she's on the block again after helping him.. she didn't do anything to warrant being on the block, but simply because she is, Dick begins his "break them down and push all their buttons" routine again. He wasn't exactly nice to her yesterday, now throw in the fact that the girl has been on slop for how long now? Has given up her prize money, all because Dick and Dani have set their sights on her from day one. I'm really sure she just snapped.

No, I don't think she's some brilliant mastermind that looked into the rules before hand and asked BB if she broke smokes would it be okay and thought of a penalty nom. I think she said that to mask her true feelings. She'll get into a deep sob where she can barely breathe, run to the bathroom to pull herself together, put cream under her eyes, then walk out cold and callous as if nothing ever happened (ever seen the movie American Psycho? Ya, Jen's like him minus the murdering). She's been a ticking time bomb for weeks... last night she exploded, and good for her for so doing. It's about friggen time. My only hope now for her... is that she goes after Dani's stuff. I said this last night and I'll say it again... you want to push Dick's buttons, you go after his daughter. Last time he threw lemonade on her, what would he do this time if she destroyed Dani's things. My God!! that would be GREAT!!!

As for Dick suggesting they let Amber win hoh next week...he apparently hasn't thought too deeply on last week's incident, I guess because he has that God complex now and thinks it was his brilliance that sent Dustin packing, not us. Obviously if Amber wins HOH, Dick is going up.. hopefully Zach keeps letting Dick think it was his idea...so that Zach can vote Dick's @ss home next week... not Jen's and that Jen gets the last laugh at Dick's expense. omg...then Dani will be left alone with Jen..wow!!

*prays for more Drama*

Fizzle, I just have to say you seem to be making the most logical sense out of all of us here.

ya know.. its not the first time someone has said that about me.. (lets keep that on the down low) my two weeks of NOT thinking clearly have passed and i am good to go for a few weeks! sFun_thankyou.gif

Yes that was after she destroyed his cigarettes and he wanted to find out where they were. (that lasted about 1 minute)

BEFORE the cigarette incident she was following him around.

I think it would be completely normal to smack away the hand that is smacking at you. With your hand. Not jabbing at the hand with a lit cigarette. Maybe I just have a different, less violent view of what is normal than some people on the board. One person posted earlier that if someone tried to take a knife they were using, they would stab them with it, and that Dick had every right to burn her on purpose with the cigarette if she tried to take it. I don't see it that way, but I guess I am way different as it would take a lot for me to be that cruel to another person, even if they were in my face.

Catniptoy..I am glad there is someone else here with some sense!! These Dick supporter seem to be ignoring the fact that he started the whole incident with blowing smoke in her face. Did it give her the right to smack at the ciggy..NO, just as her smacking at the cigggy didnt give him the right to intentionally burn her. No one holds a cig the way he does when he was burning her. PUT EM BOTH UP!!

Dick has been harrassing people in the house for weeks and weeks. CBS has decided that they like Dick so anything he does is ok. It is so childish of him to hide peoples belongings and should be stopped. He threw a shirt on the roof and that was ok?? CBS will let him do anything he wants because they think he is popular...it is rediculous and should not be allowed.

Archived