Jen's actions  

209 members have voted

1. 1. Were Jen's actions fair?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Were Jen's actions smart?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Would you have done the same thing given her situation?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if destroying cigarettes that were replaced 10 minutes later and getting yourself burned is payback, lol, then I guess Jen got some payback.

As for what she did being fair, of course it isn't fair. And it doesn't matter. Big Brother is a game. Rules exist to be skirted and exploited.

Jameka should be mad. Mad because her "team" didn't think of the concept first. Had they, Dustin could have implemented it last week to guarantee that Dick went.

Of course, Danielle winning HOH would have ruined that. Then again, if you change one event in history who knows what the next will be.

Wow... just wow. I would have never thought of using a Pen Nom as a way to stay (or even get people to start talking about keeping her, since it was a done deal she was going up til now). The down side to this, is now everyone is going to start doing it.

My respect level for Jen just jumped at least 20 points... not because of the cigs, that was kinda dumb on her part... she should have known BB would replace them. She needs to think of other ways to mess with Dick that BB won't interfere with. But, the Pen Nom is brilliant, imho.

BB set the precedent when they had Amercia vote to decide which houseguest's personal property should get vandalized. Obviously they saw who did it, but decided not to punish the guilty party.

Eric put mustard on Jen shirt which could be washed out and did not hurt the shirt and BB was behind that. Jen destoryed cigs there is a difference.

What I don't get is Dick put soy sauce in the juice which made it undrinkible and nothing was said or done about that.

Although Dick was a few feet away from Jen when he blow the smoke and was sitting a few feet away from her smoke blows for a good distence, and he did both things so the smoke would get in her face, so he is not blamless in that part of the fight he could have walk away but he egged her on then burn her. I think something should be done to him for burning her, but TPTB will probably see it as her fault and do nothing to Dick yet again.

Before we go and crown Jen "the best player in BB history" did anyone stop to consider that she just said "screw this, if I'm going home anyway then i'm going to eat what I want and mess with Dick before I go?" Her staying was just a byproduct of her actions. Just a thought.

We'd all probably be thinking that...except she had been studying the rule book just a short time before all this happened...makes ya think she knew what she was doing and not just reacting to the situation.

people who have an intense dislike for people tend to see things the way they WANT to see things...and people who like a person tend to NOT see the evidence...this is why OJ is walking around today...Evil can't win with the people who hate him...the fact remains she was put on the block and she attacked Evil...when his ciggys were replaced due to the rulebook...Jen attacked him physically (also not allowed) and got burned...those are the FACTS, don't let your judgement become clouded with the FACTS

Thanks. I didn't realize that. Does anyone know if CBS is planning on broadcasting this tonight? I usually watch Sunday/Tuesday the next day "On Demand", but I might have to make an exception if they are going over this tonight. It would be a jam-packed thursday if they tried to cover all this on thursday with everything else going on.

I think that some people are giving Jen way too much credit. She was seen reading the BB manual before choose to eat. My guess is that was to figure out what would happen to her if she did break the slop rule and eat while she was on the block. Then when she found out that she would get a penalty nom for next week, she probably figured, what the hell, I am going home this week anyways, why not eat. I really don't think she thought that much ahead and figured that everyone would vote Jamika instead of her. (Just like I don't think that she purposely answered that POV art question wrong so that Jamika would win. I think she really thought, I better try any answer, or I can't win!) I don't think she thinks two or three steps ahead.

This kinda reminds me of Amazing Race when Boston Rob couldn't eat all the meat at the Road Block, so he choose not to finish the task on purpose and take a 3 hour penalty. It ended up taking people over 3 hours to finish it so he came out ahead. Now, that was brilliant. I would not give Jen that much credit to think about the consiquences of her actions. I think she just thinks for the moment. (if that!)

Jen attacked him physically (also not allowed) and got burned...those are the FACTS, don't let your judgement become clouded with the FACTS

Yes rodh, that is always a problem in the threads...facts get blurred (and sometimes cast aside) by personal opinions, so that it's easy to lose sight of the reality of what actually happened.

agreed, rodh...which is why I tend to stay away from some threads where the same things continue to be said, same opinions expressed, and for some reason respectful disagreement just doesn't happen.

Dick was not blameless at all. He was following her around, berating her, for a long time before this incident. Earlier in the week when Jen was "following Dick around," she was "asking for it," right? I think Jen finally had enough and stupidly pushed at his hands. She was wrong to do that. He was wrong to then turn the cigarette around so it was pointed down and jab at her hands with it. He could have walked away, too. You don't have to assault someone with a cigarette because they are stupid enough to try to push your hands away when you are holding one.

As I said in another thread, I guess Dick was lucky that after he poured iced tea on Jen, she didn't take the glass and shove it in his eye--I guess assault if someone is "asking for it" is just okay when it is Jen being assaulted with the cigarette.

I have wondered what would happen if Dick or Jen decided, based on no penalty for the tea incident, to just start pouring tea over the other person on a regular basis.... what if Jen decided, hey, I'm going home Thursday, I'll just pour tea over Dick the rest of the week...

Archived