Survivor: China Cast Revealed

Dade

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS AND FEATURES

Survivor: China Exclusive: Meet the Fei Long Tribe

by Ileane Rudolph

070820int1feilong.jpg

The Fei Long tribe, Survivor: China

The heat and humidity are "indescribable." The snakes are deadly. And China is one of Survivor's most difficult locations ever. Despite all that, host Jeff Probst

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Meet Your 'Survivor: China' Castaways

Both teams this season will consult "The Art of War"

August 20, 2007

31990954.jpg

Ashley, 'Survivor: China'

A grave digger, a Christian talk radio host, a chicken farmer and a WWE wrestler lead the newly announced castaways for CBS' "Survivor: China."

The 15th installment of the Mark Burnett-produced CBS staple will premiere on Thursday, Sept. 20 in an episode that finds the castaways starting in downtown Shanghai and moving to HuangPu Mountain's Mi Tuo Temple for a Buddhist ceremony. Then the castaways will be placed on separate islands on the Zhelin Lake in the Jiangxi Province.

Each tribe will be given a copy of Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" for motivation and assistance.

Brilliant or vaguely racist? We'll leave it to the castaways and host Jeff Probst to decide.

In case you're curious, the WWE wrestler is Ashley, winner of the 2005 RAW Diva Search. She was also on the cover of the April 2007 issue of Playboy, according to her bio.

The chicken farmer? None other than Chicken Morris, who is also this season's oldest contestant at 47.

And not only does Leslie host a mid-morning radio show on Christian talk radio, but she was also represented North Carolina in 2001's Mrs. USA pageant.

Based on a quick skim of the other contestants, we're looking forward to seeing how Jean-Robert's professional poker skills will play in the wilderness, much less how Frosti will convert his parkour athleticism to a more rural environment.

Here's a little info on the 16 new castaways viewers will meet formally when "Survivor: China" premieres on Thursday, Sept. 20:

Name: Jean-Robert Bellande

Hometown: Las Vegas

Name: James Clement

Hometown: Lafayette, La.

Name: Dave Cruser

Hometown: Simi Valley, CA

Name: Jaime Dugan

Hometown: Columbia, S.C.

Name: Todd Herzog

Hometown: Pleasant Grove, Utah

Name: Erik Huffman

Hometown: Nashville

Name: Amanda Kimmel

Hometown: Los Angeles

Name: Peih-Gee Law

Hometown: Marina Del Rey, CA (born in Hong Kong)

Name: Sherea Lloyd

Hometown: Atlanta

Name: Denise Martin

Hometown: Douglas, Mass.

Name: Ashley Massaro

Hometown: East Northport, NY

Name: Chicken Morris

Hometown: Marion, Va.

Name: Leslie Nease

Hometown: Tega Cay, S.C.

Name: Aaron Resiberger

Hometown: Venice, CA

Name: Courtney Yates

Hometown: New York City

Name: Frosti Zernow

Hometown: Chicago

Thank you, Dade! Looks like it might be a fun cast after all...and based on how much I liked Ethan, my early guess is that Erik Huffman will be one of my favorites, if Jeff's description is accurate.

I like the age range, but better than past seasons. Seeming as how there's a Professional Wrestler and Playboy covergirl, do you think she will be recognized by a few of the contestants? Isn't there a wrestler called "Grave Digger"...and there is actually a grave digger on the show.

I'm not really sure about the "Art of War" angle. But I think this looks like a good cast. Based on Dade's evidence...can you spot this season's Cere?

I am so excited! I have never looked forward to a new season of survivor this much. I hope they don't let me down!

After reading Jeff's comments, I think I'll probably like Frosti and Erik. But you never know who you're going to root for until the show gets going.

Why would they go from 20 castaways from the past two seasons to 16 castaways this season? Maybe they won't have a final 3 this year and go back to the final 2.

This was answered in an interview with the producer...

Yes they are going back to an F2, they are also taking EI away this season...

LOL Thanks SC... No it doesn't reveal anything too much... I just didn't want to put it out there where someone that might want to be suprised by if there were going to be a F3 or not to read...

well that news makes me a happy camper ;) ...

It looks like a nice group of people. I'm getting more and more excited

every day! :animated_bouncy:

After BB8 I'm hoping for a better cast.....Wait...anyone would be better

than the BB8 cast....JMHO...LOL

I'm kind of bummed that there's only 16 people instead of 20. However, they shouldn't have that crappy "both tribes go to tribal council" twist with 4 less people than last season.

Is survivor doing anymore seasons or planning to do more?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name