Dr Manipulation At It Again

Xal

Did you guys catch last night when Jen told Dani the DR warned her that Dani was going to backdoor her and told her to campaign hard to stay off the block? We got the "you are not allowed to talk about your DR sessions" and then Dani said the DR was pressuring her not to use the veto. BB really seemed to be pissed that time and I couldn't hear everything because it went off camera but I think he threatened a penalty nom or something. Not sure about that though so don't quote me on it.

It seems like they don't want Jen to go and would much rather one of the non-entities leave.

Now I've complained about this with Eric and Dick but I've gotta say if they can keep Jen here then we're "even" because to me, while it's still wrong, it will at least correct a mistake, in a way, that the DR made by getting the HGs to keep Eric.

So I think Jen still has a chance to stay.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jthey know if jen stays the game will have some savage of gameplay once jen leaves the brute of gameplay is over cause all the idiots left want to hand dick and daniele the money and would pretty much eliminate themselves

dr are bold with who they want to keep. maybe dr was the reason dr. will lasted so long in bb allstar

Yeah...I am agreeing with that more and more, Yath...

If this exchange did happen, it's a bit more than simply 'shaping' of the show. It's a blatant interference on the part of BB.

Of course, this could be happening all the time, we just never heard of any of them coming out of the DR, and confronting another player with, 'guess what BB told me...that you want to...', and blah blah.

Jen already knew Daniele might nominate her. I would have rather Jen said, "Look Dani, if you're thinking on nominating me because of your dad, please let me play veto." That way, if Jen didn't get it, she really couldn't hold a grudge. But in their little HOH exchange, you could tell, Jen knew dani was going to go back on her word.

But, I've been wondering about the susposed DR manipulations. Could it be that in the DR, the person behind the camera asked, "Some people have been pressuring Dani to use the veto and replace a nom with you. Would you feel as though you were being backdoored? Would you feel betrayed by Daniele because of your deal? Who do you think is asking Dani to put you up?"

By asking leading questions, they could be manipulating Jen to be more open and confrontational, but they weren't really giving out information Jen didn't already know.

Same with the Dustin saving Eric deal. Maybe the DR person just reminded Dustin about the numbers. Who knows. I can understand them talking Kail out of leaving, they didn't want her to go. I'm sure the same thing happens on Survivor. They invest a lot of money in these people and need to squeeze as much drama out of them as possible. I guess I don't want to believe that Big Brother, the beacon of honest reality shows, would stoop to such levels.

I'm not sure what happens in the DR but I wonder if they are trying to spur people on to play the game. Jen hasn't been on the shows hardly at all lately and hasn't been providing good TV. Maybe it's as simple as trying to get better performances out of the performing monkeys which in turn raises the almighty ratings.

Jen adds no value to the game. I don't know why the DR would want her to stay. It is "LIKE" time for her to go.

It's because she's the only person in the house who would definitely put up someone if she got HoH that would create drama.

On top of that, she has a bigger following than Zach, Amber and Jameka combined.

How much cooler would that be if they had no communication with anyone from the real world?

Just say each person had their own DR and could go there anytime they wanted to vent....and we'd get the feed of course!

And no communication with Julie Chicken on Thursdays at all.

Just for the vote.

It's because she's the only person in the house who would definitely put up someone if she got HoH that would create drama

Jen is still so much playing both sides. She might put up Jess and Dick or Jameka and Zack.

Really what does she bring to the game? nada

I still have a hard time believing Jen would backdoor someone, she may replace a nom with another person she doesn't like, but to set up a backdoor (which is exactly what Princess Skelator is doing). Jen only creates "good tv" when it's her ass on the line and Danielle's backdoor strategy prevents it. Jen isn't a scrambler type player like Eric. She steamrolls. When you deny her the chance to save herself, she won't beg someone else to save her. At least, I haven't seen it.

Even though Jen isn't as popular on the polls as Danielle, do you think Danielle will become America's target?

Well you have never liked her Marty, so of course you don't think she brings anything to the game.

I think she brings a ton to the game. For one thing, she's probably the second best HoH and veto competitor next to Danielle.

For another thing, she's only person in the entire house who has proven they are willing to put up Dick and Danielle again NOW. Jessica also did it but she'd not put them up again if say, she won next week.

Maybe you think three more weeks of Amber, Jameka and then Zach going home, the three most boring guests, is entertaining because you like Dick so much, but I don't. I want Dick up again so he can erupt and make drama. If you think this week is boring, it's only going to get worse if E/J/D/D start steamrolling the house. Last night's episode is the first episode I stopped watching halfway through all year long. I turned it to pre-season football because sadly that was more entertaining.

Jen brings forth deep emotions from Dick and a Jen HoH win would pick up the entertainment value again.

That is not true about Jen. I guess you haven't read my posts Xal. Jen has been my #3 for most of the game. Her not playing the game and trying to work with anyone is just not been good game playing. She is just floating. I wanted Jen to work with people. I wanted her to PLAY the game but she just hasn't .

I don't dislike Jen at all. She has been my #3 but she is so boring boring boring. At least with the "prayer" sisters we get some entertainment.

I am no fan of manipulation, but the DR's role in the show is to keep HG's from rolling over and dying. The show is no run if everyone is just resigned to their place, as was noted yesterday on the main update board. When it gets fun to watch is seeing people scramble, and fight for their lives. I think this is all the DR was trying to do in this case.

I agree with Xal. As much as I like Jameka as a person, she is the one currently adding zero value as a player. She is aligned with Amber who will not take her sound advice and she gave away power in an effort to save Eric from the block. It seems her game consisted of making friends and group decisions. Well she made friends and now has no group so sadly I believe its time for her to go.

I want Jen to stay because she has a better potential of causing drama and strife within the house. I hope Jameka says something or does something to make the other HG want to get rid of her. Unfortunately, short of major DR manipulation, I don't see that happening.

jen game is over unless dr can get a two vote swing . they did it for eric sure they can for jen

soooo... whats the difference whether a banner plane flys over or the DR tells someone whats going on? both are wrong. the DR should not be telling anyone what other people are saying or doing behind closed doors. unless Jen already knew this was going on, it should not have been said to her in the DR.

Just like it should not have been said to anyone the week Eric was up on the block.

doesnt matter who it is for, BB should not be interfering in the game like that.

i wonder why bb never did like how i seen on past survivor, where the one going home can take someone with them twist.

I do like the idea that the DR should be more like a confessional...that way BB can pipe in the organ music all season...

Maybe next year, CBS will allow posters to add the DR questions...

It seems there is too much manipulation going on by behing the scenes in the DR. They may not want Jen to go home because she made mention of the polls and America voting on who to evict to Eric and maybe the whole AP twist will be exposed.

Another thing is, between the DR manipulation and then Eric's task's, they have their fingers in the whole pie! We don't really know what the AP votes tallie's are and then they can re-shape things using the DR.

It's way over the top.

If BB would have cast all formidable game players rather than half the house with slugs and dimwits....they wouldn't have to manipulate the game...it would have naturally been interesting no matter who made it to the end. It is so obvious they are interfering...and it sucks.

I think when they cast the show...they tried to plan it so that a select few would make it to the end and they'd just roll right over the herd...but it doesn't look like some of their favoites are going to make it so they have to step in. Why is Jen one of their favorites? I know I'm rooting for her...but lately I've been wondering why. She hasn't done anything noteworthy lately...hasn't been impressive with any strategy or physical prowess lately either. She's supposed to be fairly well educated and I keep hoping to see some glimmer of gameplay emerge...but nothing! Has she been holding back at BB's request? I thought I remembered hearing she was recruited....and that she was coached by Will/Boogie...some kind of a deal there with production?

To be honest...I've been thinking lately that this was all hype with her and that she really is as simple as she appears...but now that I hear about this DR incident...I can only hope that she does a 180 and starts to play! Otherwise...time to go.

As Jameka would say..." Sumthin's just not right...it doesn't make any sense." :rolleyes:

Archived