New Alliance In The Making, What Chance Do They Have?

shhximxhiding

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here's what i don't get. if everything is preordained the way jameka says, then why bother doing anything? that's kind of like saying, i'm going to die anyway, so why should i bother living life at all.

Yes.. interesting spin on things. This is one of my personal issues with religion (though not to say everyone who is religious believes this! I have just known many who have!) In this view, free will does not seem to exist... and what would life be without that?

both of them are the reason folks become atheist

I'm Catholic and alot of what goes on in the house would be looked down upon based on a traditional Catholic upbringing. My family was not as strict on us as some are and I am thankful for the opportunity to embrace my religion as I grew older and had a better understanding. As far as Jameka goes, I think she is a genuinely spiritual person. I don't see anything wrong with asking God to give you STRENGTH emotionally to make it through difficult times. As for Amber, she is a joke to me. I understand everyone prays in their own way, but for the love of Pete asking God to help you win the POV? I mean this is coming from a girl who latches on to whomever will take her in and she then starts mimicking their habits...look back to the start of the season and see how many people she's gone through and how she adapts herself to them each time...until it's time for her to move to the next person. I never saw her pray before Jameka was her new BFF...which by all means is a great thing! Spread the word of God and such, that's great! But don't exploit the power of prayer...to WIN A REALITY SHOW...JMHO

You nailed that one quite well! My thoughts exactly.

bb and god go together like oil and water

i have a problem with both of them cbs needs to go to foth when they even mention god

apparently this has become a trend in game-playing when they feel incapable of keeping up with the herd...hiding behind the Good Book so they won't be bashed, my way of thinking is that it's a major copout...why bother entering??? as for Amber, she is following Jameka's lead...she sure as hell didn't bring any religion in the house with her and probably will drop it at the door when she exits (after her Julie softball questions)

mmmmhmmmm

I think that Jameka is a religious person in her real life. However, I do feel that she uses it in the game to her advantage. She states that her decisions are based on what she feels God wants her to do. That makes it nearly impossible for anyone to ever confront her. (Example: she is supposed to use the veto to save Jen - but then said she wasn't doing that anymore) I don't believe that God gave her a "feeling" on that one. I think she wanted Zach out and saw her opportunity to get him on the block.

As for Amber, I just feel like she's faking it. I could be wrong, but I don't see her reading the bible, praying or going to church when she's at home.

I can see praying for strength and perserverance. I can also see praying for wisdom.

But, I think Amber has a very childish notion of Christianity (but from what I understand, she's a fairly recent convert, no?) It really is like she is a child with a childish way of seeing things.

Jameka has a different approach. She's not childish, per se, but her brand of Christianity is different from what I believe (the preordained thing).

I also think that her swearing and stuff is part of the mob mentality. I doubt she swears that much in real life. She never said she was a saint.

Wasn't there a Christian (Josh or something) a couple of seasons ago? Kind of young, but pretty consistant with his beliefs. Maybe I'm wrong.

One of my issues with Jameka is that she is always talking about the greedy people in the house. Ummm you are playing a game to win money! If you are not greedy then quit now. What other reason does she have for playing the game? To spread the Lord's message? It's to win money. Oh and how much of the grand prize was she willing to give up? I know that nobody is perfect whether religious or not but isn't there something in the bible about not judging people?

I agree with what you posted kt.

It was Jason.....I really liked him.

I'm a christian, been one my whole life and I promise I am not any-

thing like Jameka or Amber. So please people don't judge all christains

by those two!!!!!!

Not everybody is there solely for money. The pride and accomplishment of winning the show could be enough for some people. I know Mike Boogie said last year he wanted to win for more of the ego reasons because of how he doesn't really need the money.

Archived