Reality: Plastic Vs. Real

Katydidit

Okay - we're at the half-way point. We've listened, we've argued, we've defended. It's time for the question - who is real and who isn't?

I'll step up to the plate and say what I think - Dick is at least real.

I also feel that Jameka is at least very real - true to herself.

Zach - the outsider geek. He has stayed true to himself, IMO.

And so who do we think is plastic? Oh, let us count the ways.

Dustin and Amber for starters? Maybe Jen? I don't mean to instigate thoughts.

Given a perfect stage of opportunity, just who is doin' plastic by you? Who do you think is a natural, authentic player?

all these losers are fake. and imho the bb producer encourage each one of their characters. if i had to choose zach is probably really that character in and out the house. i hope to god amber is just faking

Here's my take:

ED: 'real' thru and thru

Eric: 'real' bull sh**er

Jen: 'real' Vanna-ity

Jess: 'real' smart blonde acting like a dumb blonde

Dustin: 'real' creep

Jam: 'real' hypocrite

Whamber: 'real' cry baby

Dani: 'real' whiner

Zach: 'real' fence straddler

That covers it for me!

Oh no...they aren't REAL real, just 'real' real...as in all the ways that they are behaving on the show! I mean, they all really do those behavior's on the show, and do them really good! They might even be those people outside the game, but I have a particular fantasy about Whamber...

Whamber is studying for her post-grad degree in psychology, at UCLA...and has been recruited to be staff psychologist for Boston General's ethics board...I swear! I mean, there is just somthing about our Whamber...an intangible 'really people, I'm not the person you think I am!!!'

HA!

I don't think Dick is that 'real' - he says all his comments are part of his strategy. I doubt he raves quite that much in real life.

I would say Zach is probably the most authentic. It would be hard to fake that kind of social awkwardness, I think.

Daniele is probably pretty real, too. I doubt she's playing much of a character.

I wish Amber was plastic, but I'm pretty sure she really is that unbalanced.

To an extent, everyone in the game is real... but being "real" can be looked at in many ways. I guess this is how I'd peg the houseguests...

REAL:

Dick - what you see is pretty much what you get, though he does lie for gameplay

Zach - in the DR he comes off a little bit more eloquent but otherwise there isn't too much difference

Jess - she's probably smarter than she lets on... but for the most part I would say that she's real

Jameka - regardless of what you guys think.. my take is that she's pretty genuine... just because religion has a stereotype of being pious and meek, that doesn't mean that she has to be that way... she's religious but she doesn't have to take shit 100% of the time

BORDERLINE:

Eric - outside of the house I'd say that the guy is genuine... but gameplay/AP forces him to be disingenuous

Amber - she's a mess and I don't think that you can pin her down as either... she thinks she's real in her own mind...

FAKE:

Daniele - as fake as they come in this house though I don't imagine that she's much different out of it (I suppose that makes her "real" but she's just "real"ly a fake person and I'm sick of her crocodile tears)

Jen - she's definitely dumbing it down for the game

Dustin - I don't think this requires an explanation

I don't think any of them are "real". They all have agents, have some sort of acting/modeling/claim to fame background.

"Real" people would be BB knocking on some random person's door from 14 different cities, and asking if they want to be on the show. People that need the money, don't care about their next gig, acting job etc

JMO.......

"Real" people would be BB knocking on some random person's door from 14 different cities, and asking if they want to be on the show. People that need the money, don't care about their next gig, acting job etc

It woud be like a horrible Publishers Clearinghouse event...or they could just snatch people off the street and take them away in a van...

I still think it would be funny to switch the survivor contestants with the HG's...or maybe take half of the "Flavor of Love" ladies and half of the "Beauty and the Geek" contestants and throw them in a house.

It woud be like a horrible Publishers Clearinghouse event...or they could just snatch people off the street and take them away in a van...

Oh my gosh... your comments totally triggered a memory of this film. I don't know if you've ever seen "Series 7: Contenders" but it is a movie that is basically a fake "marathon" of this reality show where everybody's name in a town is put into a lottery and they randomly pick contestants and show up at their door and they hand them a gun and they have NO CHOICE to be a "contender" on this show and the objective is that they have to hunt down and kill all the other contenders while they are hunting down them and whoever is the last person standing is the contender. I would definately recommend seeing it if you can find a copy. I think it was made circa 2001 or 2003.

I think Zach is very real. Although I'm not a huge fan of his, he tells the HGs what he's going to do and he does it. I shudder to think he's being honest about being a club promoter when he has such a dull personality.

Amber is the least real in the house. Sorry, but I can't give any credit to her after she seriously stated she thought she could go on America's Next Top Model.

ANTM doesn't always pick the prettiest girls, but Amber doesn't even have a butterface.

lol @ not even having a butterface

Dick is probably the biggest faker calling people out for lying and playing both sides when he does that all the time. Plus the guy thinks he is so great at BB then he shoudl know that lying is part of the game.

Jen is probably the most real/

I think Zack may be the only person who can't be anybody but himself.

I think it would be difficult to be your true self with cameras on you 24/7.

Most of them are always looking for/at the camera before they open their mouths to speak...cameras bring out the actors in people.

Most of them are always looking for/at the camera before they open their mouths to speak...cameras bring out the actors in people.

yep

Define 'real' was a question above.

I think that real is being able to lunge out all over the place but return to a basic core of consistency (to borrow a word from Jameka), whether we like that core or not.

That is why I switched my opinion to Amber being real. In her own mind, she remains consistent. Foolish, yes. Cry-Baby, yes. Memory lapses, yes. But real.

the one with the least friends is usually the real one :animated_wave:

Archived