On Behalf Of Christians Everywhere...

Chillcity

If you believe that lying is a sin no matter what, than why would you put yourself in a situation like Big Brother?

To win the money, then go to confession and have your sins absolved... That's one bonus about Christianity!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the last two posts make perfect sense.............IMO anyone that signs up to go on a reality show like BB, knowing there is probably no way the will be able to win unless they lie and deceive people most likely wasn't much of a christian to start with.........

the fact that anyone would "use" God / pretend to know what God wants as an outcome/ or make claims that they know how God feels about anyone else is IMO,

:devilish:

Anyone with common sense knows that being as there are millions of Christians around the world, it would be a bit ignorant to define that whole religious group by the actions of a couple people.....

If you believe that lying is a sin no matter what, than why would you put yourself in a situation like Big Brother?If you believe that lying is a sin no matter what, than why would you put yourself in a situation like Big Brother? Not directed to anyone here, just saying.

Lying is a choice. Which means that you don't HAVE to do it. Just because it may seem that there has yet to be a player to go through the BB game without lying doesn't mean that it's not possible. It just means that there has yet to be anyone strong enough to do it.

I don't wanna knock the thread starter for starting this thread because I can understand where he was coming from HOWEVER, people are gonna believe what they want to believe about Christians no matter what...and that's quite obvious in this thread....I think alot of people expect perfection from Christians but more often then not, Christians fall short of these expectations....

The original question was do Amber and Jameka make you think the cristian faith is laughable or make you feel christians are crazy..........

IMO most of the people posting have not been slamming religion..........I think the point a lot of people are making is that Amber and Jameka are both laughable and crazy and it has NOTHING to do with the Christian faith!

For those who are so concerned about how they are being portrayed when they are "talking to God" and how CBS puts on the organ music........IMO, if they weren't using religion for strategy, if they wanted a private prayer moment, they could lay/ sit / stand/or kneel anywhere in the house and pray quietly all day or all night long........it wouldn't be on camera and their would be no backround music. Sounds to me like everything they pray is "scripted".

Sounds to me like everything they pray is "scripted".

BB casts people they think will attract viewers and I'm pretty sure her religion wasn't what gave Amber the edge over the rest of us who applied. I agree about the "scripting" part in that their handlers could easily say, "why don't you pray on it?" or "If you pray aloud, America (or your daughter, or your family, or your school, etc) will see that you are a good person and not what Evel is saying."

Like the Pharisees, Jam-ber both pray out loud and both pray about things others consider to be trivial like "let me be HOH." My friend's 76 y/o mom is EXTREMELY religious, goes to mass daily, even climbed out her second story window onto the drifted snow once and walked there after a Nor'easter, and does most of her praying quietly. She does, however, occasionally do things just like Jam-ber - like when we were late for a play, driving around in circles looking for a place to put the car, she said loudly, "Blessed Mother, please help us find a parking place!"

That I wouldn't pray for something that trivial doesn't make me better than her nor does it make her less of a believer. That's someone else's call, yet there are people who look down on her for praying aloud for something trivial. So to answer the original question, does the PORTRAYAL of Jam-ber make Christians look bad - probably yeah, in some people's eyes, but others will take it for what it is, two women showboating their piety and producers exploiting it for cheap laughs.

Three 45 minute shows out of 24/7 footage and they CHOOSE to devote time just about every episode to Jam-ber prayers and organ music. There's A LOT more going on that they could choose from to air, yet they choose that??? We have yet to see beer pong, there are other conversations, etc. - you get the picture. I agree with Yana, the religious stuff has got to go. It never belonged here in the first place, but seems to have taken hold the past few seasons. It's entertainment value is negligible and CBS needs to get a clue that it's run it's course.

btw: We got a primo parking spot right after my friend's mom prayed. ;) Dick would have had a meltdown!

Sounds to me like everything they pray is "scripted".

agreed it so obvious that it is i just turn my feeds off.

Archived