On Behalf Of Christians Everywhere...

Chillcity

^^^ I didn't take his post to mean that at all.

I thought he meant something as personal as Spirituality should not be brought into the game playing aspect of the show, such as with Kaysar.

It was a private moment between him and his God (Allah) and it just happened to be caught on the live feeds every morning.

He didn't go around bashing people while proclaiming to be all religious...it was just a part of who he was instinctively.

He didn't believe that he was bound to win because he was a better person because of his religion and he certainly never prayed in one moment and then flew off the handle in the next....I have alot of respect for the way he carried himself actually...

Things like spirituality, politics, racist beliefs really should have no bearing on this game at all....jmo.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Anti-Jewish Defamation League, Muslims, Wicca, Buddism, Hinduism and Druids across the world would like to thank Jameka and Amber for their support and the tremendous increase in donations over the last few weeks. The Catholics say "thanks alot, but we've got enough problems without those two".

Actually, Dick has made made fun of and given his (negative) opinion on "all Christians" and "all Bible-thumpers" many times. Usually when he is angry.

I can't judge Amber and Jameka, because I can't see into their hearts and see whether they are praying or thanking God for the effect it might have on others, or whether they do it because they truly need the strength or the support of God in that moment. Just as I give Dick the benefit of the doubt that he is not using his love for his daughter as a part of the game to make him look like a good person to the others, I have to give Jameka and Amber the same benefit of the doubt about their love for God. All three of them continually pull out that love as evidence that they are good people. Dick's lucky he has the physical presence of his daughter in the house for support--the only way that Amber and Jameka have the presence of God is through prayer and the Bible.

Dick has his opinions because he grew up in a very religious family (his mother is a minister) and has the benefit of age and experience. He makes fun of them to get to them. He does it with everyone in the house. IF it wasn't so laughable, why would BB play organ music whenever Amber or Jameka start their prayer/wailing. No one knows REALLY how devout someone is unless you know them personally. But this type of game, this show, is bound to make people cartoonish if they over do anything. The producers are capitalizing on that. That includes Dick and his "EVIL" tirades and abuse. I am more apt to give Jameka a pass on this religion stuff because she was that way entering the house. Amber just started this praying act to ingratiate herself with Jameka. Nothing more. She's loopy.

Welcome to Morty's Chillcity. Like your topic.

I am a Christian, and as a Christian I would not sign up for BB because I do not want ppl seeing me at my worst. I would have lost it when ED came down on me too. I am glad that my husband hasn't been watching this season because a lot of Jameka's and Amber's actions have hurt Christian's witnesses. I believe Jameka is a Christian who let the devil tempt her when she cursed at ED and called his mother a bi---. I have said mean things in the heat of a moment, but not on the internet or tv.

Amber has a lot of growing to do as a Christian. She will suffer the consequences many times for how she has portrayed herself as a Christian. I am offended how frequently she uses the F word. If she only knew how she has hurt herself and her daughter by her actions.

Do both of them act like they are crazy at times, IMHO, yes. There is a right and wrong place to fall down on the floor and pray for God's help. In the bathroom, if that is possible in the BBH. There is nothing wrong in witnessing for Christ in any situation, but I don't believe God wanted them to come on this show and be this kind of models for him. I believe that if Jameka wins she will do something good with the money, but IMHO she is going at it the wrong way. Cail is a believer too, but her husband said she was more quiet about it. But she did not deny God.

I'll go back to one of my best BBHG who was a Christian, Jason. He was as good as a representation for Christians that BB ever had. He did not curse or shove his religion on anyone. He did not fall down on the floor and pray on the internet, which doesn't mean it is wrong, but he did it in private. He still had to deceive and lie to play the game. He lost the game, but gained many fans. I was really cheering for him.

I don't believe God told Jameka and Amber to come on this show, but I believe that God can make a bad decision glorify him. IMHO this has been the wrong way to witness or glorified him. Dick has used their beliefs very effectively in favor of Satan. So who do you think has won the first round?

Chillcity keep up the good topics!!!!

But I don't think I could bring God's name into the game as much as they do.

I probably would, but it would be followed up by "damn it"...

I would also say alot of things for christs sake...

Hi Everyone. Enjoyed your posts regarding this subject. Just want to add my two cents as a Christian. I happen to love that BB plays the organ music during Amber & Jameka's "bouts" of christianity. I feel that it helps to show how ridiculous they are being. One of my favorite moments was when Jameka was praying for God to help her with Dick and then he won the POV. I think this should clue her in that God loves all of us, pagans, muslims, agnostics, christians, etc. To Him we are all his children. As someone said earlier, Amber and Jameka both have a lot of growing up to do in Jesus and God's word. That goes for me too!

Do people like Amber and Jameka make you think that the Christian faith is laughable or does it genuinely make you feel that Christians are crazies?

My opinion of Christians, Chistian faith, or any faith for that matter, is in absolutely no way influenced, changed, or re-directed in any way by what Whamber and Jam have done, do, or will do, on this show.

I have a hard time understanding how anyone could blaim CBS for airing amber talking to God "because it was a private moment". If either one of them wanted a private moment with God, they wouldn't have their "talks" with him at the top of their lungs, in front of the camera.

I'm sure there have been many good christians on the show who no one knew about, who kept their prayers and talks with God private because that's the way they wanted it. IMO these two use their "talks" and prayers in the same way Dick uses his berating comments.........strategy.

So, I doubt that they influence any one's opinion of Christians or Christianity.

I am grateful to them for teaching me that God is a hairdresser, though...........I really didn't know that..........I've asked him to give me a trim tonight while I sleep because I haven't had time to get to the salon........I'm hoping he doesn't take too much off my bangs. :sleep1:

Does coming to this thread count as 1 Sunday at Church? Oh I hope so I could use the enlightening.

on a serious note; not only did Kaysar pray but he kept the intergity of his religion throughout the game. Something Jamfreaka does not do otherwise she'd be praying for Dick not swearing and yelling at him.

I am grateful to them for teaching me that God is a hairdresser, though...........I really didn't know that..........I've asked him to give me a trim tonight while I sleep because I haven't had time to get to the salon........I'm hoping he doesn't take too much off my bangs

:giggle:

oops, might want to check your bangs.. they look a little crooked.

God also knows a lot about guitars and has a personal interest in Amber winning the food challenge. He showed her which guitars to pick so she would not have to go on slop. I wish he would take care of some medical issues in my family but I guess he is too buzy with Amber right now.

A few things here:

First, I am very pleased and surprised by the high level of class and intelligence on this board. Usually topics like this don't garner the type of responses you guys have put down here.

I agree with most people in this thread, I especially liked the points about when Jam and "wamber" (haha) pray. Things like "please help me win POV, or help me win HOH or help me do this and help me do that". You ever hear them praying in thanks that they are still on the show, or praying for Gods will to be done rather then their wants. To me it appears that Ambers God is a one sided God, help me when I need it, don't bother me when I don't need you.

Im glad I stumbled across this board because it seems like the readers and posters here have pretty level heads.

it took me a long time to write that, cause i tried my best not to offend anybody or anything, and get in a big argument like before.

King123: your post was very well-worded and I am glad that this thread has been handled with a lot of class.

Just like in real life, there is no absolute right and absolute wrong and this is true for both the BB8 Christian coalition and Evel. I like how King123 said it so I won't repeat it.

I am going to repeat though that I don't like how CBS uses a double standard when it comes to faith.

• If using use organ music when "Christians" pray is not disrespectful, then they should have used Iraqi music when Kaysar prayed and Korean music when Jee had his ceremony.
  • Whether you think Evel is mocking Christianity or not when he pretends to be an evangelist preaching about a magic ping pong ball to Jameka, you have to admit that if he were doing the same thing pretending to be a rabbi or an imam, complete with stereotypical accent, there would be a deluge of protest and CBS would be issuing yet another apology.

Either treat religious content all the same or don't include it (my personal choice). It's not a hard concept.

Most of ya'll know that I am the daughter of a minister, so with that being put out in the cosmos, I will say this...

I don't believe if you are a Christian, trying to live your life the way ANY religion teaches you, that you would even be on Big Brother in the first place...

Why you ask? Well, I will tell you why...

1. Big Brother is a game that is all about lying and cheating and deceiving... Religion teaches you NOT to do these things...

2. The Bible also says that it is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than the rich to get through the gates of haven... While I agree that the half million isn't really making anyone rich within itself, to some that's a heck of a lot of money and would be considered rich... How do we know that God doesn't consider that rich?

3. The Bible says do unto others as you would have them do unto you... So if you want others to do unto you like a Christian, then Big Brother isn't the place to be, now is it?

These are my opinions and I firmly believe that if you are trying to live life as a Christian you won't be applying to BB in the first place...

The Bible also says that it is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than the rich to get through the gates of heaven...

Ahhhhh crap, I was hoping to buy my way in....

I tend to dismiss Amber on the topic of religion, because I believe she is a follower. If Jameka was Muslim, Amber would be baking bean pies right now. As for Jameka, I believe that she believes she is living a Christian life, but she has not learned that being a Christian is about how you live your everyday life, not what you tell other people. The very notion that she feels God would provide for her thru a reality show about deceit is disturbing. I actually have more of an issue with that than with the slip of a tongue of her calling Dick's mother a b*tch. Anyone who has seen the live feeds (not the CBS edited version) knows how far Dick pushed her before she lashed out. Was she wrong? Absolutely. Do I fault her more than I fault Dick? Absolutely not. Just because she aspires to be Christ-like does not make her more culpable for her sins than anyone else. Dick does not get a pass, because he is up front about not trying to be a good and caring person.

Anyone who has seen the live feeds (not the CBS edited version) knows how far Dick pushed her before she lashed out.

You are kidding right? Jameka admitted that she followed Dick around trying to start that fight. That was Jameka's fight not Dick's.

O.K. I'm not clear on this point so feel free to set me straight.

Aren't we all sinners? Isn't Jameka just sinning and it will be washed away if she asks for forgivness?

One more thing.

If one repeatedly prays for the same thing, are they not showing a lack of faith? This one puzzles me.

Aren't we all sinners? Isn't Jameka just sinning and it will be washed away if she asks for forgivness?

If you subscribe to the teachings of Catholicism, then I believe your answer is yes. Other religions have different beliefs on the matter, though, so I guess it's all just a matter of point of view (and luck, I guess. Wouldn't it suck if the 99.9% of us practicing mainstream religions die and find out the Scientologists were the ones with the right idea all along? ;) ).

Archived