On Behalf Of Christians Everywhere...

Chillcity

I know Im new here and my voice doesn't mean much yet but I want to say something.

I am a man of faith, a Christian. I pray regularly and go to church every sunday. I also want to say that I have never met anyone as crazy as Amber and Jameka. ED is completely right in calling them Hypocrites. Don't get me wrong, I am no longer a fan of ED, I liked him early on but he has gone to far on to many occasions and also calling my religion a joke was not cool even though he was doing it to get under the others skin.

Anyway, back on topic. For those of you who don't know many Christian people or don't go to Church, we are not all crazies. I feel a lot of television shows tend to make "us" look like we are truly crazy.

I am curious, here is a question to those who don't come from a Christian back ground or don't have many Christian friends.

Do people like Amber and Jameka make you think that the Christian faith is laughable or does it genuinely make you feel that Christians are crazies?

Thanks.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think they make anyone christian or not embarassed... and i would guess some would not even want to admit their faith after watching amber and jameka acting that way. i know i dont want to be associated with them.

god doesnt tell me which lane to pick when i am stuck in traffic.. heck, if god is telling them all this stuff, why hasnt god told them the winning #s to the lottery? give me a break!

they make God and the church look bad. they should be ashamed of themselves.

I agree completely.

God pointed out which Guitars to pick to smash in the food contest????

Eric said it best, we went to the farthest away guitars and there were more cash coupons, it's strategy people, not God.

Im a believer in miracles but Im thinking divine intervention and miracles are usually done in cases which it actually means something, not an episode of BB when the Christian girl has the dirtiest mouth on the show.

I cannot fault someone for their spirituality. I try not to call anyone's religion "laughable" or "absurd", except certain extreme sects like the ones that believe if a woman is raped she brings shame to her family and must be killed, or the ones that say it's ok to arrange marriages, etc.

I try not to use someone's religious beliefs against them...but on that same note, I'm not going to blindly support them because they share my same views on spirituality.

Do I think Christianity is full of crazies, of course, but I can same the same thing about ALL religions. Amber and Jameka are a dime a dozen where I come from, so it doesn't faze me one way or another. Someone on a ludicrous gameshow really doesn't have that much influence over me. I feel sorry for anyone who would think that someone on television would have that much of an affect. I don't like Dick, but am i going to burn all of my Guns N' Roses cd's...no, am I going to stop drinking Guinness because Dick drank it, I HIGHLY doubt it.

I hope that helps your heart. Welcome to Morty's.

Eric said it best, we went to the farthest away guitars and there were more cash coupons, it's strategy people, not God.

It could have been God (who am I to say God can't or won't do something), it could be strategy, it could have been the camera man pointing to them or it could have been dumb luck. If it makes Amber feel better to say that she thinks God encouraged her to go to certain guitars than it would for her to say she used her mind and figured out the pattern...than good for her. Is it not possible to divine intervention? Is God that small? Just asking...

Jameka and Amber only say God helped them when something good happens. Shouldn't God get equal blame for when something bad happens in the game since he's pulling the strings and all? No, they just blame Dick.

I for one do not think those of the Christian faith are laughable or crazies. What these people are doing is a game to me, tv entertainment, and nothing more.

In the house I feel Jameka is doing and saying what she would actually feel in any situation, in or out of BB. Amber I feel has faith, but is not a practicing Christian in the capacity of Jam, but is doing so in the BB house to make her relationship with Jameka more concrete. Who knows, maybe she will actually get something from it, as she needs something to help give her mental strength.

They do take it to the extreme in my opinion by saying that GOD is leading them in their game play, making certain decisions for them, etc..

BTW, anyone notice Ambers side glances to the camera on last nights show as she was crying out, asking God for stength, when laying on HOH bed listening to music.?? :animated_scratchchin:

it bothers me that Jameka thinks it's O-K for her to say or do the things she does and just ask god for forgivess and be forgiven. I believe a good christian wouldn't say those things and ask god for help in dealing with how someone like ED treats them withouth dropping to his level.

To Francis_3

I appreciate you response, it's what I was looking for. Im from Canada and it is not secret that people here on a whole are a little more reserved. I have friends that do come off a little off the rocker but most of my friends are pretty down to earth people. There are people out there that let people like Amber effect their views of Christian people but I think it only effects the people who are looking for it.

People like you are stronger minded then a lot of others and because of that you keep an even kiel about things like this, it is probably more of then unstable people that let things like this effect them.

82% of Americans are Christians, and you can bet the other 18% have preconceived notions of Christianity. It's not as if we're discussing a religion no one has ever heard of or encountered here, like Wicca. I don't know anyone who sits down and watches a show like Big Brother and takes from that an oppurtunity to pass judgement on Christians (or any religious group). So do I think that people like Amber and Jameka make the Christian faith and faithful laughable, absolutely not. I think people like Amber and Jameka make THEMSELVES out to look crazy with their actions. I think it's safe to assume that the majority of the viewers of this show are, say, 14 or 15 and up. By that age, most people have already formulated their own beliefs about what exists and what does not and whether religion is important to them. I don't think people (or at least the people that are worth one's time) assess the validity of Christianity or the saneness of its faithful by the actions of these people.

I myself am what I would call a skeptical agnostic, though i respect other people's religious beliefs. And i've come to this conclusion after year upon year of life experience, not by watching Amber and Jameka in the BB house.

Ooo, yikes, you're from Canada?? My opinions of YOUR kind have been heavily influenced by the McKenzie brothers...but that is a good thing :animated_bouncy:

Do people like Amber and Jameka make you think that the Christian faith is laughable or does it genuinely make you feel that Christians are crazies?

It's not believers that make me think the Christian faith is laughable, it's the Bible that makes me think the Christian faith is laughable. Most Christians are good and decent people mainly because they don't follow most of the things the Bible says. If they did, then calling them crazy would be an understatement. Heck, just reading the whole thing, meaning the violent and and extremely(!) boring parts that make up most of the OT can make you go insane (I studied the Bible for a year, so I know). I am glad most Christians never even bother with those passages, and their preachers would never ever think about reading it to them.

Jameeka looks to me like someone who thinks that by praying and repeating the same phrases everyday ("Jesus is Lord"), all the contradictory stuff will be just forgiven, like calling Dick's mother a bitch. So I somewhat agree with Dick that it's hypocrisy, though only on the surface level, given that, as I said above, if Jameeka TRULY followed the Bible, she'd just pray to God to send a plague to Dick and his family and kill every one of them. Dick has never claimed a moral high ground, so everything he does just confirms it. Amber, on the other hand, has no idea about anything considering she didn't know who the Jewish people exactly where, though I am afraid that her picture of that group might not be very truthful given that Jameeka educated her based on her readings of the Bible, which blames Jews for killing Christ.

So no, I don't base my view of Christianity on Amber and Jameeka. Most Christians are good people, and my view of the religion itself is independent of that given that nobody in the world actually follows the thing entirely, but picks and chooses the most reasonable parts, which, ultimately, is a good thing.

P.S.: This is not meant to offend anybody. It's just my opinion.

I too am a Christian and don't think Amber and Jameka are doing a very good job representing Christianity. Big Brother is a game and my opinion is that they should leave Christianity out of it. It's fine to read your bible and pray for God's direction, but to actually use their faith to sway everyone to think they are such "good people" then to turn around and judge, curse, call someone's mother a bitch, etc... is not very christianlike.

I'm not a Christian by no means, in fact I'm pagan but I do have a point to make here.

If God is guiding their hands in the POV ball picking, food competitions and others wouldn't it be fair to say God is testing them by how well they deal with Dick? If that is indeed the case I would have to say Amber and Jameka failed the test by stooping to his level.

I'm not a Christian by no means, in fact I'm pagan but I do have a point to make here.

If God is guiding their hands in the POV ball picking, food competitions and others wouldn't it be fair to say God is testing them by how well they deal with Dick? If that is indeed the case I would have to say Amber and Jameka failed the test by stooping to his level.

That's something a real Christian would say. Pretty good for a pagan.

Thanks, I think.

My children attend Christian Bible camp in the summer and I myself went to Sunday school when I was young so I do know some and some is just common decency and courtesy. But I chose not to make that decision for them. They have not been baptized as I wasn't and are free to make their own personal choice of religion.

Like Bos said in the post above, most of the people in the US are christian of one denom or another and they are not going to judge all christians by the actions of these two nut jobs in the house.

But there is a point that I , as a pagan, would like to bring up. If there was a person with pagan beliefs on the show who was acting like Jameka, (i.e. calling out to the gods/goddess', lying on the floor chanting, saying that the gods will have their vengence and go all gangsta) don't you think that a whole lot of viewers would be judging pagans by that persons display of what pagans are? They would be judged because most people have no basic idea of pagaism. Whereas most people either are christian or know a lot of christians, they have a solid foundation on which to dismiss Jameka and Amber's physco behavior.

I am a Christian and I have to say that being a Christian does not mean I am perfect. I think Jameka tries her best, but she is still human. I don't know why Dick and many others think that she has to be perfect because of her faith. I do think the vile that Dick spits out all the time is a test and that yes, she has failed in some cases. Also, as a Christian, I do believe that God is in control of everything. I'm not saying he is concerned about the "Big Brother game", but he is concerned about everyone playing the game.

This is what I believe and I am not saying that everybody else has to believe it, you believe what you want to believe. I also have to say that I do find it offensive how CBS plays that organ music everytime they pray as if they are mocking them. I do not think it is okay to mock regardless of your race or sexual preference so why is it okay to mock someone's faith?

Religion is a sticky Issue.

Anyone remember in BB6 when Kaysar stood up when Ivette told him he didn't respect women?

I remember quite a few people said he was going to 'hit' her, and that his religion (Islam) condoned it.

Its all in interpretation, people.

Some people keep faith very personal. Some people clap around for Salvation. It's all how the individual interprets his or her faith...

Guest xerxes
Anyone remember in BB6 when Kaysar stood up when Ivette told him he didn't respect women?

I remember quite a few people said he was going to 'hit' her, and that his religion (Islam) condoned it.

Its all in interpretation, people.

Thats not interpretation, thats presumption. I could never see him hitting anyone and if anyone lived up to his religion it was Kaysar.

No offense but I dont think you can speak on behalf of all Christians anywhere just like I cant speak on behalf of all white males everywhere.

Not offended at all, but I was not speaking for all Christians, just myself.

Archived