Monday, August 13th

uvp

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With ED its rarely personal, even if what he says is personal. Notice how quickly he forgets and forgives people in the house. He is not the type that holds grudges. He hated Jen when it was to his advantage to hate her, when it wasn't he stopped. Same with Kail. Not saying he trusts them, it is just about playing the game. Somewhere inside each one of the HGs, they know that ED doesn't stay upset for long, and he might be on their side later in the game if they have a mutual target they want out of the house.

Exactly echo...

I loved how Dustin was just in the BY, whacking golf balls, crowing like he's won the big game...with Bo Ya sidekick Jam...

I think Jam had some sort of mental break this week...she's like jekyl and hyde...forget which one was the psycho, but that's Jam!

This is exactly why Dustin needs to say adios. He believes that he is the Lord (or Lady) of the Kingdom. He despised Dick for it and now although Jess is HoH, he seems to feel HE IS STILL IN COMMAND. She needs to knee-cap him and send him packing his panties...

It looks like Zach is trying to put some distance between him and ED right now....telling ED he doesn't think the vote will go against Dustin, and some other 'back talk'(damn my short term memory loss!)I think Zach is feeling his oats, and his new 'you have my vote' connex to Jess...but he's still waffling....he's still talking both sides of the fence....When Dustin leaves, the Whamber drama is going to be off the hook!

I had a brief moment of softness for Zach when they showed the bunny suit stuff on the show last night.

Today I am back to thinking he is a couple fries short of a Happy Meal!

We know that Dustin already has two votes for eviction, Eric (100%) and Danniele (100%).

ED has eviction vote from Ambers(100%) and Jem (80%).

I would tend to think Jessica would lean to getting out Dustin because it won't make her look bad. Next time it might. If she is smart, it always good to get rid of any individual when the evicted HG think others are to blame.

Not sure about Jen and Zack. I would think they would be leaning toward getting Dustin out. That would be the smart game move, they are targets for Dustin, but not ED.

As far as Dick blowing up at people in personal ways and then expecting to apologize or explain and then have it all go away--that is typical of an abuser, from my own experience. They abuse and then apologize, and then when you aren't fine and dandy, they abuse you for not "getting over it."

Just my opinion about Dick, and his type.

As far as Dick blowing up at people in personal ways and then expecting to apologize or explain and then have it all go away--that is typical of an abuser, from my own experience. They abuse and then apologize, and then when you aren't fine an dandy, they abuse you for not "getting over it."

Just my opinion about Dick, and his type.

I understand what you are saying, but an abuser doesn't understand what he is doing. Dick is not sincere with his abusive language, and is always in control of what he says and does. Abusive people are out of control when they are abusive, and truly sincere with their apology. Dick never promises not to do it again, and he is not really sorry that he did in the first place.

Notice that the HG don't stay rattled for very long, or spend much time being upset with Dick as much as you would think. No endless talks about how Dick is about to loose it and kill someone. They know he is total control of himself. He'll walk right up to the line, but not cross it.

I don't expect you to change your mind. I'm just saying Dick is playing the game, and his game is to rattle people as much as he can so they can't think straight. Howie did this for a day so in BB6. Not the first time it has been used.

Seeing ED for what he is, has made the show a lot more enjoyable for me to watch. I'm not all caught up in the story that he is a maniac, about to light his incindiary self and burn everyone within ten feet of him.

For me, it has been about how the others react to him now. They aren't baying for his head on a platter, so that tells me that they get that he is just playing the game in his own way.

And he can be soooo charming! He had Jess melting into putty earlier today...I don't think she was acting either...

Well spoken cat. Dick's abusive behaviour is being condoned by everyone because they don't like the other HGs. If he were to go home this week and Dustin treated his little girl like he has treated everyone, the posters here would be enraged.

Seeing ED for what he is, has made the show a lot more enjoyable for me to watch. I'm not all caught up in the story that he is a maniac, about to light his incindiary self and burn everyone within ten feet of him.

For me, it has been about how the others react to him now. They aren't baying for his head on a platter, so that tells me that they get that he is just playing the game in his own way.

ED is like a big dog that barks a lot, but that is all he does.

The HGs might not consciously think of him in such terms, but that is how they react to his antics. Nobody is truly afraid of him, and 10 minutes after any big blow up, they are talking about something else. If they were truly upset and scared of ED after a blow up, minutes later they wouldn't be complaining about having to eat slop for the week and other things they hate about being in the house.

Here is another thing ED does for the house: He is a big release value. Everybody feels really good after a big blow up. They cuss him out, and it makes them feels so much better. If you read between the lines of the social dymanics involved, is not ED they are so pissed at, it being cooped up in a house 24x7 without their regular support system (friends\family). He may be the target for all that is said because he invites it by verbally insulting them, but it all redirected stress. When Jam really lost it, that is exactly what she was doing. It wasn't dick at all, he just provoked her into doing letting go of all that stress that was in side.

Archived