Anti-semitism On Bb8 - Media Is Onto Amber

MitchD

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be some kind of miracle then because I quit cocaine cold turkey ten years ago, and I drink wine, and sometimes beer, and rarely I like to have a mudslide.

A friend of mine who is a Medical Doctor told me the statistics are once you have six years clean the risk drops dramatically. I will always be an addict, but I have 10 years free from any addictive drug. I was never an alcoholic though. Many people are multiply addictive.

Some of you all are right, there are other bigoted, anti-gay and more stuff from the show. I just find it crazy that CBS wouldnt air the dirty laundry.

Arrow, yes Roger Friedman is Jewish, so what? If people were not allowed to talk about issues they know about, alot of people would be forced to shut up. From Al Sharpton, Rosie O'Donnell and many more.

I think it is a good thing to be outspoken about issues that matter.

Except if you are an ignorant idiot like Amber. people with bigotry like her blind bigotry are aweful.

I agree the whole thing has gotten blown out of proportion, but since it has, what will CBS do about it? I have seen this cover all CNN, MSNBC, Headline News, TMZ, etc etc. While it could be argued it's good for ratings, CBS must at least acknowledge that it happened, otherwise it could cost them. Personally I'd like to see them ignore it, but I think it will be hard for them to do that.

This is from the update page

2:02 pm BBT

General chit chat.....

Eric was asking Jameka if Amber could wash her hair "with those things in" and Jameka says "can I answer this" and Danielle chimes in saying you can shower you just can't get your hair wet. Amber says "yeah" and then she says "why do you have to make it a racial question" (like she is one to talk about being racial....sorry)

Was Amber asking the racial part to Eric, Jameka or Dani?I bet the producers are glad Amber is there to prevent any bigoted, homo phobic, prejudiced, racial or stereotypical comments from being spoken by other HGs, lol :)Maybe this will be her next excuse to go off on Eric although I didnt hear him mention race at all.

I found this link from TMZ:

http://face.env.duke.eduvegirls.comandwww....e-jewish-names/

UPDATE: CBS has issued the following statement: "BIG BROTHER is a reality show about watching a group of people who have no privacy 24/7 - and seeing every moment of their lives. At times, the Houseguests reveal prejudices and other beliefs that we do not condone. We certainly find the statements made by Amber Siyavus on the live Internet feed to be offensive and they will not be part of any future broadcast on the CBS Television Network.

"Still, even giving this gang one hour is too much. They are empty souls, devoid of nearly anything remarkable other than their ability to cause revulsion."

Hmmm, for minute there I thought this Roger guy was talking about everyone at FOX news (cough)..........

Dep

But of course, if Amber says something like that during Showtime hours, it will air, I hope. It's a fair representation of her beliefs and her character.

It happens every year. I remember Jun just being horribly racist in her nighttime comments.

There is a show on Broadway called Avenue Q. If you don't know what it is, Google it. It is like Sesame Street for adults.

There is a song in the show called "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist, Sometimes"

Well, the song is true. everyone is a little racist....even me. And I am one of the most accepting people you will ever meet. But, I know there are things that I say and do that could be offensive to certain groups. I live in a world where racism and bigotry thrive and are accepted.

Does this make it right that Amber has said the things she did? No. Although it seems she is a product of her upbringing as even in the quoted portion of this guys article, Amber says that her mother and the person who is like her sister said those things to her. If that's the case, she was probably raised in an environment where racist remarks were made and tolerated. Again, this does not make it right.

But if anyone here can honestly look inside themselves and say that they have never made a statement or had a conversation that, if aired on a reality show where people pick apart every word you say, and would not have offended SOMEONE. Please step up and get your crown, because you perfect.

This girl has had a rough life and made some bad decisions, and agreeing to put herself out there on BB8 will probably end up being one she regrets.

Oh, btw, I just read last week that Isaiah Washington (you know, the guy from Greys Anatomy that used the gay slur) just got a new job on a new show. Didn't take long for people to let him off the hook. How long will it take for Amber.

Dep

Archived