Anti-semitism On Bb8 - Media Is Onto Amber

MitchD

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292499,00.html

---------------------------------------------------------------

Anti-Semitic Rant on CBS' 'Big Brother 8'

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

By Roger Friedman Fox News

If you don't watch 'Big Brother' on CBS, you're not missing anything. Every summer they trot this turkey out so we can watch hideous human beings compete for money while the cameras roll and host Julie Chen rolls her eyes.

This summer has been no exception. Normally, these people just expose their greed and stupidity. This is a group of people, after all, who in eight seasons have never cracked a book or discussed anything other than their appearances.

But two nights ago on CBS' overnight feed on Showtime Networks, a player named Amber Siyavus Tomcavage stirred things up. The 27-year-old Las Vegas cocktail waitress must have forgotten that the cameras were on when she

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sickened by the words of hatred on BB8 this season.

When it was posted here, yes there has been some reaction and talk. Honestly, the talk and hatred out of Amber is puzzling and horrible. Many of us have been watching, but this stuff out of Amber is more evil than Evil Dick.

Eric has been doing alot of what America has been telling him to do. and to some of these people or even some viewers, he is just a devious evil Jew.

This makes me sick, BB8 should actually show this stuff and NOT hide it.

I was quite surprised at Jameka's lack of reaction over it.

I wonder if it will be addressed when she's evicted or at the finale. Hmmmm.

Ambers sister said that Ambers anti semetic and gay bashing comments were in anger and seemed to rationalize them. That was disappointing. That said its must be hard on her sister since she is being put in a position to defend her sister, defend bigotry and defend herself/her mother as well.

Roger Friedman is Jewish what do you expect . That is a fact and it is natural for him to be more upset but he did not tell the entire story about Jameka correctly. Friedman is a gossip columnist and has many critics himself over the things he has said .

This comment about Eric in the article I do not agree with.

His main quality has been that he is the least offensive of the group.

They are all disfuntional. I find Eric trashing very offensive sometimes.

I do think Amber is the worst of the lot. She has gone way out of line with her comments and actions. I just can't tell you angry I am at Amber and would love to see her go.

whewwwwww.

Eric has been doing alot of what America has been telling him to do.

i dont recall america telling Eric to call people the Cword and drop the F bomb every other word. i dont recall telling eric to trashtalk all of the houseguest behind their backs... and call all the women whores.

i just told him to vote kail out

the rest of it was allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll him!

sFun_doh2.gif

as for amber... she is the poster child for dumb

I do think Amber is the worst of the lot. She has gone way out of line with her comments and actions. I just can't tell you angry I am at Amber and would love to see her go.

whewwwwww.

Marty, as I recall the other day, you were adamantly defending Amber against Eric when I made a comment about not knowing whether the abortion rumor was true, and Amber could be just using that as a sympathetic plea?

Now, keep in mind I don't have the feeds, nor the time to read everything, but there is definitely more than meets the eye (brought to me by CBS). What has changed in that scenario to switch sides like that?

Marty, as I recall the other day, you were adamantly defending Amber against Eric when I made a comment about not knowing whether the abortion rumor was true, and Amber could be just using that as a sympathetic plea?

:animated_scratchchin: I am trying to figure out what you are talking about. I don't remember ever defending Amber. I may have said that what Amber said about her abortions had not been heard on the Internet untill it was said by Eric when he was telling Jessica.

Heh, I'm trying to actually find my post where that little exchange occurred. I thought for sure there was a section of My Controls to find every post I've made... :animated_scratchchin:

Long story short, I think you told me I was 'making excuses for the weasel again,' and that kinda threw me for a loop now that we're bashing Amber instead of Eric.

Ah, found it. I was quoting someone from another thread who said this:

"The bottom line is Amber said it.

She should have never told Eric.

SHE put it out on the internet."

Which I agreed with and said:

If Eric had said nothing at all, we would be talking about how stupid Amber was for divulging that information to appear more sympathetic. Do we even know if it's true or not?

Then you replied to me on Aug 6 2007, 08:39 PM with:

Eric put it on the Internet. It was never heard before by anyone on the feeds. There are many times the Internet is not watching. During comps and many ways she could tell him without the feeds catching it.

Making excuses for the Weasel again....

That's what I was referring to. No hard feelings, just wondering why everyone has changed stances so drastically.

It's pretty ironic that someone from FOX would write such a scathing article about the houseguests. This from a network that gave us Paradise Hotel (although I might have watched it). Amber deserves to be called out, but FOX has put on plenty of shows with similar types of people who want to be on TV 24 hours a day. Kind of pot calling the kettle black, imo.

You dont slam a whole race of people or a whole religion of people or a whole group of gay people based on what Eric, Dustin or Jameka do. Thats disgusting.

How can anyone hate on millions of people you have never met? How fair is that?

Besides Ambers bigotry didnt even begin with Eric. She is more than happy to share how much her, her sister and her mom dislike Nyers and Jewish people before she ever met Eric. Those were her comments from before being on BB.

When Amber was mad at Dustin she said he sister told her gay guys will stab people in the back.

If Amber gets mad at Jameka will it be ok for her to start slandering all blacks?

Archived