Note On Mortys Big Brother Page

Justin

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed Yada. As a matter of fact, I thought there was at one time a rule not to have editorials running through them.

On the non-livefeed message boards though, anything goes.

I agree with yada, and that is a valid point, which I'll step up and say is what Justin was stating in the first place. Mortys is a great site, ok it's the BEST site for being able to come and voice your opinion about who you like and dislike in the BB house. Even if your opinion is wrong because it doesn't agree with mine lol But the main page recapping what has gone on in the house, and the live feed thread is not where that opinion should be voiced. But, since I'm posting this on the message board, this is just my opinion :)

And Dade, if the HGs are allowed to change their opinion of their fellow HGs from hour to hour, I guess we can as well :animated_bouncy:

ell, in all seriousness... your not that special... that we have to post our thoughs in accordance to who you like or dislike. animated_rotfl.gif

seriously! its called MortysTV.com not JustinsTV.com

we all have our favorites and they all get their share of insults. we just have to roll with the punches around here. (it could be worse, just look how it is over at sucks ohmy.gif )

You're kidding right?

Get over yourself already good lord. This has nothing to do with me personally, this has to do with a fair newscast somewhere everyone can go to read about everyone without having to deal with their favorite player being knocked on. I could care less about the forums, that's what they're for I'm talking about the main Morty page.

To me it's always clear what is update and what is opinion--I don't always agree with Morty's opinions (but I usually do), but I ALWAYS love how he presents them.

Morty, you do such an awesome job. I rely on your Home page for the (frequent) times I haven't been caught up on the feeds, and I don't feel like wading through so many threads and posts.

I'm sorry I haven't said this before, but this thread gives me the opportunity: Thank you so much Morty! Your Home page is invaluable.

I so hope you won't change anything about what you say in the page...or how you say it!!!

JMO...

edit: Just read your post Justin. Morty's home page does NOT purport to be a "fair newscast".

For all the "facts", watch the feeds. Because hey, even the TV shows are edited to show what they want you to see, and from what slant.

The feeds are the "fair newcast". Morty's is a fan forum.

*standing up with yath to give Morty a little round of applause*

Hope you know how much I appreciate your site Morty :animated_wave: (gosh I love that little waving smiley!)

btw, don't ask my wife her opinion of BB message boards/sites, she thinks we are all nuts... although she DOES like to ask me what's going on in the BB house! lol

I believe the updates page even says not to post person comments there.

The message board is 100% fine for everyone to post personal opinions in but the updates page should always be reading what actually happened not opinions....That is what I believe.

Instead of a reporter reporting the facts of whats actually happening it becomes like a columnist giving his/her opinion on whats happening.

The Message Board is all about stating your opinion, it's what makes them Discussion Boards! I think a lot of forums nowadays needs a good kick in the butt because they're so one sided and boring. The update page needs complete no-sided news, though that's not possible, it's really ridiculous that I can't read a paragraph without hearing someone insult him.

Instead of a reporter reporting the facts of whats actually happening it becomes like a columnist giving his/her opinion on whats happening.

Morty's is NOT a reporter reporting the facts.

See my edit in post #30...Morty runs a TV FAN FORUM.

Morty's is NOT a reporter reporting the facts.

See my edit in post #30...Morty runs a TV FAN FORUM.

We're not hear to insult Morty, we're here to state our opinion to the "Site Master!" about how his page is being updated. And how it's being presented on the main page.

Morty you were way too nice in your post as usual, Fizzle you always tell it like it is, for me I like the little digs and jabs that the people put in who are reporting cause I love to hear all opinions, not just the things on my favs.

I liked Eric in the beginning as well, but I had a Knee Jerk reaction to his spilling the beans on Amber, and Amber should not have told him private stuff, but she is so starved for attention she thinks she has to act that way to get the attention. Eric started playin his own game and not as AP last week, and he got a little full of himself, it takes a person with a weak moral fiber to threaten to use such private info as blackmail, and although BB is a game of lies and backstabbing, I do not believe such info should be used because it will hurt someone outside the game, So I will not be unhappy to see Eric go, even if it is revealed he was Americas player, even AFTER the game when they do indeed find out his was the phantom vote, it still does not excuse his bad behavior.

This is Morty's board and hey if he wants to throw a little in here and there, fine with me, I will never stop coming here, so you guys keep on keepin on with your bad selves, and Justin get a little thicker skin on your favorite people, I personally love Dick and Dani and they are not the favorite players or perple, most hate Dick, and think Daniel is a whiner, oh well, on season 6 & 7 there was sooo much more flamming and bashing goin on here this is so mild this season, but how can we stay away??? lol, it is too much fun. :notworthy:

I am sorry Justin but I think you did insult Morty who really never says anything bad about anybody, I think they do a steller job recapping the feeds, there is no where else that is as as accurate, just sayin!!

FATCAT:

The update board has nothing to do with opinion, it's called news. I don't care what format it's in whether it be CNN or this Big Brother page. IT'S NEWS! News it's meant to inform you of happenings not take advantage of the air time to insult someone you don't like personally. Thousands read the page, with varying opinion, so it really doesn't matter that you enjoy them, it's about everyone having a fair newscast to read and enjoy.

I insulted the website because I was mad, I don't insult people online, I'm not that low of a person.

Wow Comparing Morty's to CNN I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not mmmhhhm

I'm comparing the news giving aspect, I couldn't use Fox News because it's worse then then what we're talking about with the bias newscasts.

i'd imagine its difficult for anyone to hang around the message boards if they are an amber-fan

as far as the main page of morty's updates, i havent read it in a few days because i've kept up enough with things in the live feed updates, i think morty tries fairly to present good and bad on each player and this week there IS good and bad about eric (and that's me saying that, even though i dont want him evicted this week)......i know in my own updates i easily slant my views differently about amber because she disgusts me, i try to just present facts but im sure an amber fan would not want to read what i write (there is an ignore feature btw)......but i kinda think if you are looking for things being said against your favorite then it can seem like there is more than there really are

In the end, Justin, I think that you're just taking this too seriously!

Really--we all have different opinions on this--and hey, that's what Morty's is all about.

So ya, we've heard your opinion, you've heard the opinion of some of us who disagree with you.

Neither is going to change.

And really, does it matter??

Hey, just chill and enjoy the BB season. Really!!

Justin, please you are way to worked up, it is hard to decipher tone on this board, and a lot said can just be chalked up, be like Gingersnaps (sorry Ginger) if she does not agree with what she hears about her favs she just does not respond to that post. This is not CNN or a News Station and if it is it is a casual place to come to laugh and have fun. Just for tacts sake I would not admonish the moderators for making any little personal obsevations, hey more power to em, everyone has an opinion, and so it is fine with me and I think most and majority rules, I think. No one is mad at you just sayin what they believe,

clearly you have to decide what is best for you.

i watch the feeds but also read the updates for the times that i miss the feeds. i have also watched the feeds and read the updates at the same time and seen how two people can see the same thing and also take it totally different... BUT!!!

the live feed updates here take time out of their lives to do this for others and yes, they do tend to put their own feelings into the updates (usually it is done like this) SO WHAT! i think its pretty hard not to! and as long as they are putting them in brackets or doing it in a manner that the reader knows it is their thoughs.. i dont care. if i am in a rush, i skip over that and just read the important stuff.

as far as the main page... i think its awesome. its well put together and i have always loved Morty's personal opinion... its not very often we hear from him.. so when we do i think GREAT!

I know this isn't CNN, but it's still a place people come to for updates. And I'd rather not deal with comments about players I like, it's casual but at the same time a relied on source for Big Brother info for a lot of people!

Archived