Note On Mortys Big Brother Page

Justin

This world is of varying opinions, and I find it appalling the favoritism, and hate towards Eric on the page. People go to the page for updates, not to watch the updater's take every opportunity to take a jab at Eric. I love this place, and really don't wanna leave. I just wanted to express my opinion, I find it absolutely ridiculous that the page everyone sees is so much against Eric. I could care less about everyones opinion at this point because there's no way an intelligent conversation is possible, I'd just love to come back online to an update where I don't have to read sly comments about my favorite player.

With that said, congratulations to all! The four lying anti-liars have slated themselves as the final four! :lipsrsealed2:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRAVO JUSTIN!! :drummer:

Just like I have posted before, regardless of what you think of Eric, he would not be going home if he were not America's Player. I think it is very unfortunate that he could not play the game as the others have been able to.

People never believe that I really, really try to keep my feelings out of it. As the show goes on, and definite fan favorites emerge, I do end up feeling more comfortable posting a dig or two at those less popular. I also find it funny that almost every year I get mail complain I'm biased against a HG. Of course I have my personal favorites, and those I dislike, as I wrote in the disclaimer, "It wouldn't be any fun to write this page if I wasn't a fan." But just as readers complain that I'm biased, they rarely guess correctly which one I like or dislike.

Maybe you're missing my attempts at humor.

I will say this about Eric, he did not perform his task in good faith last week when he was supposed to keep Nick in the house. Eric is very persuasive, and I think he could have succeeded if his own personal feelings didn't get in the way. In the DR, Eric himself said, "Nick thinks he could be all bros and good with the guys and that he would be flirting his way with the girls so he would be on good standing with the girls. I actually am the one who is doing that. And there really wasn't room for two of us in the house. There's only one Casanova here in the BB house and it's me."

As far Eric being at a disadvantage, let's not forget that he's getting paid to be America's Player, and has already earned $13,750.

-Morty

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I'd be ridiculous to say otherwise. I just want to be able to read whats been going on without my favorite player being insulted, that's all I ask. But at this point, I don't see myself ever getting to a safe haven away from the Eric hate. I'll live!

Justin,

Thank you for your post! True, some do take it to the extremes in venting their dislike for an HG. What I actually love about Mortys is that you can root for your favorite player and let your comments be known about the others. If you read ALL the posts- which, quite frankly, I wouldn't suggest if you want to have some semblance of a life-you'll find that there are just as many who viciously rant against Dick, Jen, Amber, Dustin and Kail too. I think the reason you're seeing so much "Eric-bashing" this week is because of his Amber comments and the whole banner fiasco. I seem to remember Dick being thrashed mercilessly last week when he dumped tea on Jen's head, and Kail getting dumped on the first week for having the audacity to actually try and form an alliance so soon in the game...how dare she try and actual play the game? ;)

Anyway, I guess my point is...don't let it get to you. I hope you'll stick around and let your thoughts be known. We love having as many as possible express their take on all aspects of the game-playing in the BB household, there is just no way that we'll all come to the same conclusion as Mortys is made up of many different people with differing personalities. We just have to hope that we'll all respect one another's viewpoints and take extreme comments with a grain of salt. Obviously, as this is the real world we're talking about, that's not always going to happen. So stay put, k? We need you!

Edit/Added Note: After reading several messages in this thread I discovered that I misunderstood Justin's thread starter caption. My message relates to the forum/message boards and NOT Morty's BB main page updates. I was speaking in general terms about those who visit the message boards and NOT referring to Morty at all. Morty does a PHENOMENAL job on the site and that is why I keep coming back! I just wanted to make that clear.

True, some do take it to the extremes in venting their dislike for an HG.

[guilty]

:looksaround:

[/guilty]

But my point is Morty allows us to do that here at His site... So I have no problem when he throws a few funny minor jabs in.... He is entitled to!!!

Justin I really liked Eric at first......and I don't hate him now .....I thought wow We get a say in the game......I liked him for a week or so then he started getting so cocky in the DR. He was friendly, making progress, doing his tasks. Then

he started to go after Nick....America didn't ask him to. We wanted Kail out.....when he got his assignment he did a half-assed job to get Kail out when he knew America picked her. Sure he voted for Kail, but did little to take the heat off of Nick. Eric even convinced Amber to vote for Nick and she LOVED Nick...Waaaaaa. I'm not too mad at him for saying he had something bad on Amber....He should of never brought it up. Amber was stupid to tell anyone such a personal thing about herself, and people she just met. Right now I don't have a favorite. And I don't hate any of the players. I'm not liking them very much right now. Please don't get upset with the forums....keep posting....I'm a newbie and the people are alot nicer here than I've seen on other sites......and what fun would we be having if everyone had the same thoughts and favorite player......I don't think I'd like to go to a football game with everyone rooting for the same team.....and Big Brother is only a game. So post away about your favorite player at least you have one. LOL TCS

But my point is Morty allows us to do that here at His site... So I have no problem when he throws a few funny minor jabs in.... He is entitled to!!!

Most definitely!

That is the reason I love reading the posts and even adding comments myself. It is the fun of the give and take with others. And some might have a specific favorite but then others change their minds from week to week. Just take a look at the week by week favorite polls here at mortys and you'll see that many do change their minds. But that is the fun of it. So enjoy the rest of the BB season. :party_smilie: Thank you Morty!!!!

Thank you, Morty! :smitten:

In the DR, Eric himself said, "Nick thinks he could be all bros and good with the guys and that he would be flirting his way with the girls so he would be on good standing with the girls. I actually am the one who is doing that. And there really wasn't room for two of us in the house. There's only one Casanova here in the BB house and it's me."

Hmm, can you say "Delusional"?

I was never a Nick fan, but this little speech was the moment I turned against Eric. If he believed that, he's as off his rocker as Amber is. And that's the point, isn't it? I don't have to like Amber when I can see how screwed up she is. I certainly do not have to like Eric when he's as much a mental case as she is. Amber makes dumb decisions because she's ignorant. Eric is mean-spirited on top of his arrogance. That's the dealbreaker for me, because I expected more from Eric, than from Amber.

Dr Will's arrogance was charming: he was handsome in spite of his skinny ghost-like appearance, he was educated, and he was intelligent. Above all, he might stab you in the back but it was with a kiss and a smile. A merry prankster.

Eric may be intelligent, but he's not handsome, nor charming, nor apparently educated. He has no charm, no charisma, and this episode with Amber paints him as grasping, avaricious, venomous, graceless, and pathetic. All his pompous swagger simply makes him look like a fool, and then to use the situation with Amber the way he has, hammers home his lack of social grace and magnanimity. I don't have the stomach for it, I certainly won't support it.

I've noticed alot of 'Eric-hate' everywhere as well.

The 'Eric-haters and 'Dick-lovers' seem to be more prominant on the CBS site and on YouTube though I think.

In the beginning my own personal favorites were Dick, Danielle, Eric, & Jessica (my least favorite of all was Jen)

Of those 4 the only one left I truely like is Jessica and Jen has replaced both D&D on my list.

Eric, although I have lost respect for him because of the low-down way he talks behind people's backs (constantly saying how disgusting Carol was - please...like he wouldn't wanna tap that if given the chance) I do think he knows things and can see things in the game others can not. Some of the crap he says about people is just as bad as Dick but Dick says it to their face if they oppose him (Dick is also two-faced and trash-talks allies behind their backs too so maybe Eric learned it from Dick).

The only reason I want to see Eric not get evicted is because he's still AP and I really want to see someone go after D&D and not keep sucking up to them. The only problem with that is if he gets commands from viewers that won't allow him to fight for himself.

From alot of 'anti-Eric' comments I've heard, most viewers want to throw their alliance partner under the bus for not agreeing 100% with their past choices which is pretty sad actually. We won't have a voice in the house if things keep going this way (and there's no way in hell Nick will be returning as a new AP since he's already been home and can watch the show, so I wish people wouild just get over that hope).

Eric is a piece of crap that is so smug it is pathetic. I do not hate him but he is a screwd up little man .I think he is manipualtor and a weasel in real life too .I have known punks like Eric and they deserve what they get.

If I had been Zack tonite I would have told him you can blow that smoke up someone else's ass not mine. I will give you 5 minutes.

He drives me nuts with his talking and some say he is articulate BS, he rambles so much he cannot make a point because you are lost in his endless diatribe !

Oh cannot stand the nipple piercings and he just needs to admit he is gay :P

I can understand when someone says Eric is taking it on the chin too much. That's fair, since I despise Dick, and in the few posts I've added here, I haven't been shy of saying that. So maybe it's fair play, for folks to go after one player the way they want.

I like Eric, and I think he's taken far too much from ED. Way too much. If only he fought back more, he might yet get to stay.

My main man, was Nick. Puppy dog eyes, hot body, nice as hell, but I knew he had no chance of being the winner, much less getting further in the game hiding behind that harriden Dani. He was doomed the minute he laid eyes on her. She played HIM.

So, yeah, Eric is a 'playa', he's a backstabber, a liar, a phony. But that's the game. At least he isn't scum, like ED.

I hope Eric hangs on this week. If only for his new alliance of '5'. If he goes, it's more D/D running the show.

Bottom line, everyone has their faves, AND their hate on's. If a forum like this is to have any life at all, room needs to be made for all of that.

I personally disrespect and therefore disregard the opinions of people who judge others based on how they "look". Sometimes, I wonder if much of the hatred toward Dickhead is not simply because of his overall look of tattoo/piercing/grimy/repulsiveness jacksparrow.jpg.

ED isn't repulsive for the way he looks, he's repulsive for the way he acts. He's trailer trash.

First, it was Jen. He's probably cost her her job. He's called her every name but the 'c' word, and poured tea on her, and generally acted in a scary, 'I'm going to hurt you' way with her.

Then, it was Kail. Same MO, same name-calling, and making her cry.

All at the same time, making his own daughter cry, getting in her face at the beginning even when she told him to leave her alone.

Then it was Amber. Making her cry, calling her names.

Then, Dustin. Browbeating him, calling him names.

Now, Eric. Aside from Jen, Eric has taken the worst of his trailer trash repulsiveness.

To top it all off, he snarks on them all behind their backs, tells lies about each and everyone of them, and generally behaves like a trailer trash lout.

He spits like a low life. Take a guess how Zach got his 'ringworm':walking around the yard in his bare feet, on top off all that spit and ED lungers, flying 24/7.

ED has no redeeming value. He's trailer trash. He's repulsive alright. Just not for how he looks. For what he is.

* Just a note there is a lot more Dick hate on these threads then Dick love or like. People that like him are pretty much laying low and not making any comments. The Eric supporters are getting equal time on this board. I think that is what keeps the comments coming. For every Eric lover that comes to his defense there are going to be haters posting their hate.

And good job Morty. Thank you so much for everything you do. Opinions are only opinions and......

This world is of varying opinions, and I find it appalling the favoritism, and hate towards Eric on the page. People go to the page for updates, not to watch the updater's take every opportunity to take a jab at Eric. I love this place, and really don't wanna leave. I just wanted to express my opinion, I find it absolutely ridiculous that the page everyone sees is so much against Eric. I could care less about everyones opinion at this point because there's no way an intelligent conversation is possible, I'd just love to come back online to an update where I don't have to read sly comments about my favorite player.

Were Morty's purporting to be a legitimate news source, I would heartily agree with you.

Anyone trying to be a conscientious reporter endeavours to keep it slant-free.

However, as it is first and foremost a fan-site, there is no need or requirement to be impartial.

Back when I started here at Morty's, he was doing all the re-capping himself, and my favourite parts were his personal opinions and comments, because it gave me a more real sense of the houseguests than if I had only watched on TV.

As I do not subscribe to the live feeds, I still have only the second-hand information from the live-feeders on which to base my opinion, and obviously their opinion will influence mine, especially when the majority of them are expressing the same opinion.

The only way to really get an unfiltered and unfettered opinion is to watch the live feeds oneself, as even the CBS editors pick and choose what you will see on TV, and thus how each houseguest is portrayed.

I must applaud you for being willing to form your own opinion in the face of an overwhelming Eric-bashing, and yet I must vehemently disagree with you that intelligent conversation is not possible just because our opinions may differ.

That being said, you're a real asset to this board. I've enjoyed reading many of your posts up to now, and know I will continue to enjoy reading your posts in the future, no matter what you opinion will be.

I'd like to add that I personally try my best to keep any bias towards the HGs out of my live feed posts. I'll admit I sometimes find myself posting more details when it favors someone I like, or builds a case against someone I dislike. On the whole though, I take my fun little obsession of posting what I see on the feeds serious, and try to do my best with it.

I won't say this for anyone else that posts, but if anyone ever feels I'm being biased, I'd welcome a PM to let me know... of course if you like my postings, I'm still looking for Disney tickets! lol

:heart: :heart: :heart: I love Morty's

It is human nature to be biased but in the beginning of the show I usually am indifferent toward the HG. Everything changes once the game really begins in the second week and for me it continues to change day by day.

I just want to be able to read whats been going on without my favorite player being insulted, that's all I ask.

well, in all seriousness... your not that special... that we have to post our thoughs in accordance to who you like or dislike. :animated_rotfl:

seriously! its called MortysTV.com not JustinsTV.com

we all have our favorites and they all get their share of insults. we just have to roll with the punches around here. (it could be worse, just look how it is over at sucks :o )

for me it continues to change day by day.

As I spent 99.5% of my time in chat and rarely make it into the BB message boards I have wondered if peoples opinions here change as fast as peoples in chat do. If you change day by day I guess you are doing better then several in chat who change hour to hour. The fav changes with whomever is in chat. The day crew (people chatting from work mostly) has one opinion and then the early evening/late afternoon crew (people just getting home from work or checking in before dinner) have a completely different view then the evening/late evening/BBAD crew have. A few have brought in their sleepingbags and camp out there with me and I have seen their opinions change day by day as well.

As long as we agree to disagree we are ok. That is what makes Mortys what it is.

I am a newbie here, have not posted that much, but.....lordy mercy, soooo I guess if I dont like who is running for President, I am suppose to ask Justin first to make sure I say nothing negative about his fav, pleaseeeeeee. I believe I am entitled to my opinion just like everyone else and that is what this platform is for, now correct me if I am wrong, just like I said, I am a newbie and may be dumb at this.

Archived