In The Diary Room

straykat

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All these reality shows are manipulated by the producers; it's the ratings game! It's the reason they don't select "normal" people as contestants. If all the contestants were normal, reasonable and grounded in reality, we wouldn't have anything to watch or talk about. Everytime things start to get boring or predictable, the producers should mix it up a little. Do I think this game isn't manipulated by the producers? No. Will it stop me watching the loonies in the asylum? Absolutely not! I am continually fascinated that people who are completely aware that every word they are speaking and every expression on their face is being watched and recorded still manage to say the most ridiculous, ignorant, private and personal things. The producers pick people who can be manipulated by the most nuanced question or suggestion. Look how Dani and Dick have managed to upset the whole house with mere theories (they may be correct on certain points but they don't actually have any evidence - just the suggestion of a banner). It wouldn't take much for BB manipulate these folks.

I'm not a big believer in things being fixed at all. HOWEVER, I do know that Amber was absolutely 100% emphatic about voting Eric out before that DR session. She even told Jameka she may go ahead and vote against him because she was worried Dustin wouldn't. She was standing up for herself against Jameka, because Jameka was leery they were doing the wrong thing by evicting Eric. I find it hard to believe Amber flipped on her own.

Just for the record (and for Morty's!) JEN also stated today that she was asked in the Diary Room to keep Eric in the house....so that's 4 people who were advised by producers of the show to keep ERIC...

I tried to follow the BB diary room manipulations on the live feed discussion board, but its hard. Can people with more information about Jen's recent comments and the rest fill me in more. Bad enough that most of that cast makes me sick, now BB is fixing things? I need to know more. Thanks in advance.

I am saddened and very disappointed by the handling of the situation. After the banner sighting I'm sure Eric went into the DR and had all sorts of fits. This was probably their way of fixing the situation for Eric.

The reason why I believe the DR had something to do with it was because as of 3:00 pm (BB time) yesterday, they had the hg locked in the HOH room as I believe so that no one could sway Amber's vote of keeping Eric.

I have no way of being sure because after I left work at 3:00 pm (BB time) yesterday, I had no computer access so no feed updates or Morty's and didn't see anything until today. Except for the show last night.

But it does seem to me that the BB people had something to do with Eric staying.

rodh,

Thanks for the attempt, but I couldn't make much out of that even Youtube volume all the way up, my laptops volume all the way up, and my ear right next to the speaker. Don't suppose you could maybe show me a link to the transcript of that discusson on the live feeds please?

I think the DR people give hints all of the time, and also to get the houseguests to say certain things they want them to say. The houseguests talk about it all of the time. I'm sure it was probably done to keep Dick in the house before, too, or to get rid of Mike instead of a more interesting person. The only way to stop it is if they just let the houseguests go into DR and talk without handlers or anything like that. Just let them have diary room sessions like they have on The Real World, where they are alone, talking to the camera.

And thanks to the people who said nice things about the transcriptionists. It's true--we don't catch everything that happens. We can't watch four feeds simultaneously, 24/7.

The way to handle this Catnip (and I LOVE your great transcripts, by the way!) is to do like ALL of the other BB's in the world do:

Show us the Diary Room sessions uncut, unfiltered with mics on at all times...but as the networks and all media might say "America can't handle it"

Volzzilla...I couldn't possibly find the transcripts...I guess if you looked at the time of recording and sift thru all of the BB8 transcripts at all of the various sites there may be one that caught it all, I did see it somewhere when it was posted but as catnip can tell you, there are literally hundreds of thousands of posts daily but it DOES exist! as for your problem hearing...I heard it fine, I did crank up my speakers...wish I could help you more, but I am not building a case against CBS just pointing it out to the oblivious....

rodh,

Dont suppose I could ask you (or someone that can hear it all better) to summerize and point out the highlights please?

Edit: nevermind, plugged my earphones in and could hear most everything. Everyone that wonders about producer manipulation should watch that clip. And everyone thats pissed about it should do everything in their power to do the AP votes in a way to screw Eric over.

Does anyone else have other clips similar to that? I wish could hear the rest of that conversation as Dani was about to say something and was cut off by the feed.

Jen made the statement that, "her handler's, told her not to vote out Eric".

Amber said BB told her not to vote out Eric.....The CBS fix was in.

I think it had to do the the complaints CBS got about the statments Amber made about Jew's, New Yorkers that came out in the media. They probably felt it would be a bad time for Eric to get thrown out of the house.

That's just my feeling.

Why would what Amber said about anyone have anything to do with Eric getting evicted? I could see if they said that to Amber for her remarks about Jewish people, but to say anything Jen because Amber said something? I don't get it...

Yana, Amber decided to change her vote, not to vote Eric out. She made the statement that BB had told her it was not in her best interest to do so.

This happened to be when Fox and other outlets where mentioning the Jew statements that she made on BB.

I think CBS didn't want Eric to be evicted right then and have the media go to Eric about the comments.

Jen also made the statement that she had been spoken to about her vote to evict Eric by her handlers. This has nothing to do with Amber...it's just that CBS was trying to do what it could to stop the eviction on Eric.

I don't see that at all... I could be wrong, but have you ever heard the statement they just want attention and any attention is good even bad attention... I think BB would love the attention the show is getting...

Archived