In The Diary Room

straykat

I know there has always been talk of BB fixing comps and how there are strict laws that govern these shows. But I have often wondered what actually goes on in the diary. We have heard snipets from HGs over the years (before FoTH would jump them) that have indicated that things said in the DR are not always what they seem.

So, since we have never really seen/heard what goes on in there, how do we know that there isn't subtle manipulation going on with the HGs? Its not that hard to lead someone in a certain direction just by asking the right questions. And by leading them there, they come up with a conclusion that they think is their own but is actually the one the questioner wanted them to come to.

Now, if BB wants Eric to stay in the house and things look like they are going down the toilet, wouldn't it be in their best interests to have a talk with maybe Jen, and get her to see that keeping Kail may not be in her best interests? Without, of course, saying so, but letting her come to her own conclusions... with just a little bit of help?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think they outright tell them "this is what it is," but like you point out, I think it's easy to convey the same information to the HGs through the rhetoric of the question. Whether they say "America hates Kail" or ask "Do you think it's likely that Kail is America's least favorite HG because she doesn't socialize with the other HGs and is tedious to be around?" the same effect is achieved, in my opinion.

As far as I know, America's version of BB is the only one that DOESN'T have cameras in the diary rooms. Some of the best video of that blond that everybody loved in the UK version was from her just :animated_shocking: GOING OFF :animated_shocking: on the other houseguests in the DR. It was a RIOT. Sadly, as long as that evil Grodner is there, it will never happen in the US.

On one hand, I hate the idea that there is manipulation going on in the Diary Room. On the other hand, when it's working in favor of a player I like, I don't feel nearly as pissed about it. I believe BB has worked hard to save Eric, but it's the AP twist that's caused him a lot of his problems. I dislike Eric a lot, but it's not entirely fair that his game is DOA because of tasks America (a.ka. CBS) assigned to him. I do think most of the reality shows are manipulated by people behind the scenes, especially in the editing room. I don''t really like it, but it is what it is.

Amber came out of DR saying that they "CBS" wanted her to vote to keep Eric and told Jameeka and Dustin THE SAME THING!

This is totally unacceptable and I'm MAD as Hell for wasting my time on a show that is FIXED!

I am not saying I do not believe you rodh, I just have a hard time believing that, because there are people here posting 24 hours and nothing has been said. If I trust any site, it is here. I have went and looked around at the others and there is always updates here that are not on the others.

I understand that there are a lot of boards who depend on the interaction of viewers...but if there is truth to this (and I believe the videos will be on YouTube any second now) then it really speaks of how CBS regards their viewers as nothing but sheep to be counted as revenue for ad $

Now we are believing Amber of anything? This is a girl who wouldnt know the truth if it smacked her in the face. Thats not even going in to how delusional she is. How do we know the Dr people didnt say Amber do you like evangelists and Amber flipped out thinking Evangelists starts with an E just like Eric so that must be God telling her something?

Lots of posts, lots of agitation. And LOTS of Eric hate! But not any proof.

I don't know why Eric had to depend on Dustin to do his work for him, but the truth is, 5 is better than 4. Dustin wants to be with the bigger numbers. It's that simple.

What was D/D's biggest mistake? Letting Nick get voted out, and helping in it. Nick was a solid vote for them. They blew it. It's the same thing now with Eric. If Dustin lets him get out the door, he loses his power base big time.

Amber, Jameka & Dustin were called in one after the other...they all compared what was said and confirmed that all 3 were told the same thing!

CBS Television Network

51 West 52nd Street

New York, NY 10019

Main Number:

(212) 975-4321

CBS News

555 West 57th Street

New York, NY 10019

Main Number:

(212) 975-4114

these numbers were posted and are being flooded with complaints as I type this...

Archived