Episode 4.01: The Beginning Of The End (Hurley-centric)

Dade

Courtesy of: SPOILEFIX

Episode 4.01: Title Unknown

Airdate: February 2008

• 08/05 - Here is a little more about Russell: He is said to be fascinated by magic and mystery even if he works in a world of science. The role is a recurring that may end up to be a series regular. Source: SpoilerFix.com
  • 08/01 - First up is the recurring character of Russell, described as a brilliant mathematician in his late thirties who is "capable of great insights and has a tremendous knowledge across various scientific fields." Unfortunately, he tends to be too direct for his own good, and as a result, his personal relationships don't always add up. Russell is scheduled to turn up in Episode 1. Source: The Ausiello Report
  • 08/01 - [A new character], possibly extending the rest of the season, and perhaps next season, [is] Russell, a brilliant mathematician in his late 30's. Name may change of course. Source: secretagentman @ TWoP

I know this is in poor taste, but Russell reminds me of that horrible joke, "What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a pile of leaves?"

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.01: Title Unknown

• 08/15 - The only bit of info I can add about [the] role [of Arthur Stevens] is that the character will be between 40 and 60 years old. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
  • 08/13 - Also appearing in 401 and 402, with possibly more eps down the line, is Arthur Stevens. He is a ruthless corporate recruiter, tall and thin, with a chilling prescence. Source: secretagentman @ TWoP

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an interesting message posted at Dark UFO regarding the filming of episode one for season four. It may or may not be true, but several other sites are saying that indications at this point are that episode one is Sawyer-centric. This has not been confirmed, however.

"I live in Kalihi, Hawaii. Yesterday, LOST was filming on N King Street by the Discount Store and Tamashiro Market, for those that live in Hawaii.

I was able to spot Josh Halloway (Sawyer). So I'm assuming a Sawyer flashback. OR maybe a flash-forward??

The scene involved a car being chased by two police cars, leading to the first car to jump a ramp and crash. That's all I was able to see. Sorry, I wasn't able to record or take pictures."

Source: Jacobe

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.01: Title Unknown (Sawyer-centric)

• 08/29 - Multiple sources confirm that the first episode is indeed Sawyer-centric as revealed by the spoiler we posted a few days back. Source: SpoilerFix BuddyTV Spoilers Chat
  • 08/24 - Jacobe reveals: I live in Kalihi, Hawaii. Yesterday, Lost was filming on N King Street by the Discount Store and Tamashiro Market, for those that live in Hawaii. I was able to spot Josh Halloway (Sawyer). So I'm assuming a Sawyer flashback. OR maybe a flash-forward? The scene involved a car being chased by two police cars, leading to the first car to jump a ramp and crash. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 08/22 - Sources confirm that The Wire's Lance Reddick has been cast in the recurring role of Arthur Stevens, the intimidating corporate recruitor. Source: The Ausiello Report
  • 08/21 - Ken Leung [...] is joining the cast of Lost next season, sources confirm. The rumor is that Leung will be playing the recurring role of Russell ([may not be the character's real name]), a brilliant mathematician who is capable of great insights and has a tremendous knowledge across various scientific fields. He's expected to first turn up in February's season premiere. Source: The Ausiello Report

• 3 weeks later...

Episode 4.01: Title Unknown (Multiple characters-centric, including Sawyer and Hurley)

• 09/16 - I've had permission [to reveal] and confirmation from a number of very good sources that the Season 4 premiere of Lost will feature multiple character flashbacks and/or flashforwards. This is something a number of people have speculated about, including myself, due to conflicting nature of the centric episode spoilers for [the] episode. We initially thought this was a Sawyer-centric episode then I got confirmation that it would definitely feature Hurley, well now it seems that both were correct. So far we can speculate that it will feature Sawyer and Hurley but could also feature other characters. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 09/12 - Season 4 Premiere is NOT Sawyer's as has been mentioned but is in fact Hurley's unless they are shooting out of sequence. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 09/11 - Lost was back at the historic YWCA on Richards Street in downtown Honolulu. Interior filming, so not many details. However, several fans spotted and took photos of Jorge Garcia, which would make sense, as the YWCA has played his mental institution several times. Also spotted, Lance Reddick, one of the new faces on the show. He was carrying a briefcase or suitcase, one that you'd think a doctor might carry. Source: The Transmission

• 4 weeks later...

Episode 4.01: The Beginning of the End (Multiple characters-centric, including Sawyer and Hurley)

• 10/14 - Damon Lindelof reveals: I hereby promise you one heroic Hurley moment in the season four premiere! Source: Lost Magazine

'Lost' Season 4 Premiere is "The Beginning of the End"

October 22, 2007

Source: TV Guide and Jon Lachonis at BuddyTV

Lost's fourth season premiere now has a title:

• 2 months later...

Courtesy of; SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.01: The Beginning of the End (Hurley-centric)

Airdate: January 31, 2008

• 01/02 - [The first image we will see is a giant pile of fruit.] And we think it's on the island, because why wouldn't there be a giant pile of fruit on the island? We hear a rumbling, maybe it's the helicopter, but no. There's a bang! and the fruit explodes. A car comes piling through the fruit. It's a car chase. WHAT?! A car chase on the island?!? No, it's a car chase, FROM THE FUTURE. Ok, it's a flash-forward, but yeah. We see the cops chasing a car and eventually the car spins out of control, crashing into a building or something. The cops tell the driver to get out of the car and it's... Hurley! Why the hell was he running? And he's alive! He made it off the island! Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 12/26 - With only 48 original episodes left until the final episode airs in 2010, this season truly is the beginning of the end with the promise of rescue at hand. Jack has radioed a freighter stationed somewhere off the island. But when it's disclosed that Charlie's dying warning was that these people may not be who they say they are, the castaways are split as to what to do. Jack is convinced that the freighter people are there to rescue them, while Locke is not. A division occurs among the survivors. Who is on the freighter? What was the significance of the flash-forward showing Jack and Kate off the island at some point in the future? What will the consequences be when the characters once again encounter Michael, who seemingly escaped the island after murdering two of the survivors? These are some of the questions "Lost" will explore during the action-packed fourth season. The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 90-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets. Source: ABC
  • 12/26 - Juliet's on Team Jack, along with one other Lostie lady. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 12/13 - In the beginning of season four, Sawyer is... on Team Locke! I can tell you that there are two teams and that the other leader won't surprise you... but Kate's allegiance will. As far as I know, Jin and Sun aren't playing for either team. Source: Kristin on E!Online

• 3 weeks later...

(Didn't check if something like this was already posted, so the hosts are free to delete if this is a duplicate.)

Lost: Season 4 Episode 1 Review

by LiRa

A couple of people were selected to watch the first episode of Season 4 (lucky them!) and the first review is out, courtesy of Jon Lachonis UGO's TV Blog. He writes about some minor spoilers and I've been tempted to go read it (wasn't spoiled at all though, so yes, you can go check it out!)

He writes:

lost.s4.1.ben.jpg

As premieres go, "Beginning of the End" is nothing that Lost fans will expect. Instead of opening with a disorienting locale and characters we don't know, Beginning of the End begins with a headlong slam into a fast moving vignette with characters we know very well. Instead of taking three or four episodes to address the splintered ranks of the Losties, all of the characters are addressed. Perhaps best of all, instead of servicing a single item like previous premieres, "Beginning of the End" does a remarkable job of tying up much of the overlapping issues from the latter quadrant of season 3 and an even better job of setting the pace for season four.

I will tell you is that virtually every theme that becomes important within the first quarter (assuming 16 episodes) of the season are introduced here in complete, well paced, easy to digest nuggets that have the strange effect of swelling within your consciousness and leaving you with the feeling that you have watched not one, but maybe three or four episodes of what you remember Lost to be.

He has ranked the episode with an A+.

Wow. My excitement level has just peaked!

Episode 4.01: The Beginning of the End (Hurley-centric)

Airdate: January 31, 2008

01/23 - The premiere picks up on two plot threads left dangling by the finale: potential rescue by the frieghter crew and the fallout from the death of junkie rocker-turned-self-sacrificing hero Charlie (Dominic Monaghan). Monaghan may no longer be a series regular, but that doesn't mean you won't see him again. [...] (One [of the survivors who made it off the island with Jack and Kate] will be ID'd in the season premiere.) [...] But even before [the February 7 episode, the boat people will] prove divisive, pitting one group of Oceanic 815 survivors who will risk everything to get rescued against another, including Locke, who will do anything not to. As for Sun and Jin, their reactions will have everything to do with their baby. "Sawyer's a bit cautious about people coming to rescue them," [Josh] Holloway says. "He's come to the realization that there really is nothing back home for him. His life wasn't good. I don't think he'd know what to do back there." Source: TV Guide

01/23 - I have it on good authority that someone we thought was killed in the season finale will turn up very much alive in the Jan. 31 premiere. And this person may or may not be [Charlie, Naomi, Patchey, Mr. Friendly.] Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide

(I'm guessing it'll be Patchy...that guy just does NOT die!!!)

01/19 - In the season premiere episode, "The Beginning of the End," feeling that their rescue is close at hand, the survivors don't know whether to believe Charlie's final message that the people claiming to liberate them are not who they seem to be. The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But as they have discovered during their 90-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets. "Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Harold Perrineau as Michael. Guest starring are Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Sam Anderson as Bernard, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Blake Bashoff as Karl, Marsha Thomason as Naomi, Michael Cudlitz as Mike Walton, Lance Reddick as Matthew Abbadon, Grisel Toledo as orderly, Steven Neumeier as Lewis, Billy Ray Gallion as Randy, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday and John Terry as Christian Shephard. Source: ABC

WARNING: These sneak peeks may be more than some will want to see (especially the last one), but nevertheless I'm posting the links for all you spoiler addicts like me!-

sneek peak 1

sneak peek 4

sneak peek 5...the best one!

oh jeez!!! I need a sponsor to help me from clicking on spoilers!!!

*sigh* ok I'm going in!!! Call the cops if I'm not back in 30 minutes!!!

OH MY!!! great find Kayo... and I agree sneak peek 5 had my jaw dropped!!!

Was that Jack's dad sitting in the chair at Jacob's house? Sure looked like it, but why would he appear to Hurley? I'm not sure I see their connection.

Also, Hurley sure seemed to have gained a lot between seasons.

It sure was good to finally see a new LOST episode after sooooooooooo long.

I'm still hoping that these flash-forwards (As opposed to flash-backs) are only one POSSIBLE future, and not necessarily the definite future. But with this show, they probably are the "real" future.

What an episode!! I loved the King-like moments!!! But I have a couple of questions (wow, questions after Lost??)

what were the whispers when Hurley went to Jacob's house? and if Charlie was really a ghost/ manifest of Hurley's mind, how come the other patient saw him? Or was that patient a figment too?

To add onto the questions, I also wonder if it was Jack's dad in the chair, does this mean that in the S3 finale that his dad was alive when he referred to him at the hospital? Can't wait to get to the point where Jack's beard is as long as it was in S3 finale. Seems like we're far from that since last night's episode, he only talked about growing one.

I wish there was a list already out of who the 6 were that came back.

Wonder if Michael ever made it back with his son.

Yeah, I was wondering about that myself last night, as soon as Hurley said "Oceanic 6".

We know there are Jack, Kate and Hurley, plus the man whose obituary Jack saw last year.

That leaves 2. If Michael and his son Walt made it back, then that's everybody.

Otherwise, most likely it's someone who didn't follow Locke, but stayed with Jack.

(Like Rose and her husband Bernard.)

Somehow, it just can't be that easy. Not with this show!

Epi1.jpg

"They Need You" implies that those that stayed on the island may not have died...or is he talking about those that made it off the island.

Michael was in the opening credits, but I don't remember seeing him this episode...odd.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name