• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That link is no good. From IMDB they've been married since 12/31/08. Surprising!

Just finished up the season today. I thought I was behind 5 but it was more like 7. Glad

Jimmy Smits is gone, though he is more likeable as a "dark voyager" type. Glad they didn't bring anything in from the third book except the marraige because the book sucked and was so far-fetched and even though this show is great alot of it is unbelievable.

Looking forward to next season, October seems to be a long way off.

The link works for me, but maybe you need to be in Canada to view it since it's yahoo canada? I can't get on to just yahoo.com.. it forces me to go canadian. Anyhow, here's the story from that link:

By The Associated Press

ADVERTISEMENT

NEW YORK - They play brother and sister on "Dexter." Now in real life, Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are husband and wife.

Hall's spokesman, Craig Bankey, said on Friday that the couple eloped in California on New Year's Eve. They'll walk the red carpet together at the Golden Globe Awards on Sunday - the first time publicly acknowledging their relationship.

Hall, 37, and Carpenter, 29, just finished the third season of "Dexter," the Showtime series in which Hall plays the murderous title character. They've been quietly dating for about a year and a half.

At their wedding, Carpenter's grandfather's wedding band was attached to her bouquet of white roses.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Will Dexter Make for a Bloody-Good Daddy?

Jul 24, 2009 11:36 AM ET by Matt Mitovich

Parenthood has not quelled the bloodthirsty beast inside Dexter Morgan, Michael C. Hall revealed at the Dexter panel at the San Diego Comic-Con.

If anything, the scourge of other serial killers is antsier than ever, thanks to sleep deprivation.

"The theory of being a father, for all of its conventions, appealed to Dexter," Hall said. "The reality... is something else entirely. He didn't appreciate how trapped it would make him feel, and how difficult it would be to exorcise his compulsions."

Not only is Dexter the Dad as dark as ever, he also has a new tot-sized confidante with whom to share his extracurricular exploits. "He can say anything to the baby he wants

• 2 months later...

Time to bump this one up! Anyone else watch the premier tonite!!!

I think it looks much better than the previous season. Dexter is on a downwards spiral, Lithgow was the Trinity Killer looks awesome. I can't wait to see more. And I hated the cliffhanger at the end of the episode.

Oh erin... what the f is going to happen... Lithgow... part of the body missing... Luntz (sp) is back??? Sheesh it's going to be quite the season!!!

Yes, I noticed it too. Too much sweet is a baaad thing ya know? :D The baby, wife, family... all too perfect for Dexter's world. I've been kinda over the wife and step-kids thing for a while now... I'd like to see Dexter being a single Dad. (Although, turning Rita into some kind of psycho that's been pulling the wool over Dexter's eyes would be interesting too.)

Was anyone else thinking, "Umm, Dexter don't you have a baby monitor in the room?" (When he was telling the baby he kills people.) I didn't know if I was wanting to laugh or clamp his mouth shut during that scene. :mellow:

Oh, forgot to mention earlier... Lundy doesn't seem as attractive to me as he did before. His teeth were gnarly yellow besides being stand-off'ish to Debra, he's got no sex appeal this season, imo.

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TV SHOW RECAPS

Dexter Episode Recap: "Living the Dream"

Sep 27, 2009 09:20 PM ET by Gina DiNunno

Watch Episode

Last season on Dexter, our favorite serial killer was seen tying the knot with a pregnant Rita, as the two were about to embark on a new life together. This season, Dexter is living the dream as new dad, with a wife and a house in the 'burbs. But fatherhood isn't what Dexter expected it would be, as the lack of sleep really puts a damper on his vigilante-murder schedule. Meanwhile, a new/old serial killer is own the prowl: the Trinity Killer (John Lithgow), so named because he kills in groups of three.

The premiere begins with Dexter driving through the night looking to "satiate his primal desire." The next scene shows a man (Lithgow) drawing a bath. The camera moves through the house, but it's not from Dexter's perspective. It's through the eyes of a woman who is entering her bathroom to find a stark naked stranger who attacks her. Next thing you know, the two are in the tub together when the assailant slits her femoral artery (on the thigh) and she bleeds out to her death.

After a "new-dad" twist on the opening credits (loved the baby puke on the shirt), we get to see just how much of a family man Dexter has become since last season's finale. He's moved into a new home in the suburbs with his new wife, Rita, and her two kids Astor (now a snippy teen) and Cody. But let us not forget that baby Harrison makes three. "Good suburban husband, happy father of three... at least on paper," says Dexter.

Meanwhile, Deb and her C.I. boyfriend from last season are still hot and heavy, considering she had to peel herself off him in order to get to work on time. She's actually happy with the relationship, which is why she's just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Laguerta tells Deb she's not looking for a relationship at the moment (considering Prado, her last beau, started compulsively killing people). But she's totally lying because, believe it or not, she and Batista have been secretly hooking up and playing it cool at work (she's much better at it than he is).

Dexter heads to court to testify on the blood stains in a case when he makes a major boo-boo: On the stand, he says the wrong name, from the wrong notes, from the wrong splatter analysis. He tries to tell the court he's disoriented from a lack of sleep due to a new baby at home, but the defendant's lawyer eats him alive, and the murderer, Benny Gomez, walks because of his error. Quinn all but rips Dexter a new one for causing his murder case to get tossed out. But what Quinn doesn't know is the situation will get handled. After all, Dexter has been dying to kill someone and Gomez has just become the perfect candidate.

Later, the team heads out to the bathtub murder scene we saw earlier. Dexter notes how clean and precise the murderer was

Was anyone else thinking, "Umm, Dexter don't you have a baby monitor in the room?" (When he was telling the baby he kills people.)

Yes, I was. I expected Rita to walk in and have that be the big shocker. I was so freaking out that it ended instead how it did. I wonder what will happen now knowing the body is cut up in bags in the back???

I love that John Lithgow is on this season. He's one of those freaking brilliant actors than can be the creepiest creep you've ever seen, or the funniest funny guy. I think he's one of the best for sure. Again, I'm totally STOKED he's on this season. I also love that the FBI guy is back. I hated that he left in the first place.

I wonder if the sister will discover Harry's secret, delve deeper and find out about her ex bf being Dexter's brother, bring it to the FBI guy and see what he learns about Dexter... something like that. I don't know.

Awesome start to the season though. I can't wait to see what happens.

To the writers of the show.. you're all pure genius!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a little worried about the Trinity Killer letting Dexter get so close to him... is it just me or does anyone else think it's a bit "convenient" for Trinity to have Dexter handle (put finger prints on) the hammer/murder weapon and then Dexter bleeds at his house... could Trinity be setting Dexter up??? :(

Then again maybe I watch too many forensic files/csi/etc. :lol:

Totally agree erin. The whole family was stepford "perfect"... think any of them know the real Trinity?