• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally caught it last night!!! :animated_bouncy: (It's been so hard resist coming in here and reading about it too. ;) )

I don't know where to begin... so, many things crossed my mind while watching. LOVE LOVE LOVE this show... can't stand to wait til next year. :(

- Who knew the sequence we've been watching in opening credits all season... would actually be in the finale'. love this show

- Doakes death BRUTAL!!! love this show

- Poor Debra had to choose between Lundy and Dexter. I hope they work something out for him to come back at least for a bit next season... I liked seeing this new side of her (confident and happy.) love this show

- I agree with you catnip... Maria will be Dexter's new thorn. I was thinking maybe his sister too.. Lundy seemed to plant a seed of doubt about Doakes and Maria and her have an uncommon bond now that might lead Debra to help Maria vindicate Doakes.

- Okay, what did Lila do with the "tools" and (the secret documents or tape recordings or whatever the hell she probably did to insure her safety from Dexter???) Going to bite Dexter in the butt... not that he won't figure a way out of it. :grin2::sneaky:

LoooooooVe It!

P.S. My husband doesn't really watch this show but catches a pieces here and there and last night he said... "Man, he's one messed up guy!" and I proclaimed that he's not messed up!!! It's LILA that's messed UP!!! :lol: :lol: cracking me up that this serial killers got me defending his mental status. ha

• 3 weeks later...

Lila died a little too quickly for my liking. I did enjoy seeing the blood run down her chest, but I was hoping for a more painful and brutal death for her.

Will every season end w/ Debra getting her heart broken?

Why was Rita so quick to tell Dexter it was OK, that the woman he had an affair w/ stole her kids and tried to kill them? I'd have been PISSED!

I loved the explosion and Doakes winding up being a burned up torso, that was fun.

Can't wait for next season!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Am I seeing things? While watching BBAD, they're having a lot of Dexter commercials. I could swear that the very last shot is the back of a man in black pants, no shirt... I think it's his brother????? :animated_scratchchin:

Anyone else see that?

• 2 weeks later...

CeCi- Took your advice and watched the 2nd Season of Dexter from the start. Thank god for Comcast on demand. Pretty good show. The psycho GF reminded me of Keira Knightly, same weird mouth and teeth. Not to fond of the girl who plays his sister. But the show is good. I haven't watched the 1st season don't think I need to I pretty much caught up to what was going on. I know Kimmy Smits is joining the cast, don't know if you're a fan of his, but I could go without him.

YS... If you ever get the chance, watch season 1... it's what gets ya hooked. ;) Of course being an officer the subject matter might not be something that you'd find entertaining.

I'm really looking forward to season 3. Starts the 26th, I think. :animated_bouncy:

• 2 weeks later...

Jimmy Smits is ruining the show for me. I never did like him.

As for the actress who plays Deborah, it took two seasons for me to get use to her, I wasn't a fan of hers either.

Loved the second season (totally different than the book) and I like the new cop on the show, Quinn - he's hot.

:)

PS: He'll always follow Harry's code (as per the writers) at least in a roundabout way...............

• 2 weeks later...

Showtime has opted to kill two birds with one stone, picking up Dexter for two more seasons, it was announced on Tuesday.

Seasons 4 and 5 will consist of 12 episodes each, with production to commence this spring in Los Angeles.

"Dexter's enormous success is a tribute to the great achievements of its cast, the producing team, the author of the original book [Jeff Lindsay], and the gifted Michael C. Hall," says Showtime president of entertainment Robert Greenblatt. "I thought at best we would attract adevoted cult audience but soon realized that, ironically, this show is so thematically rich and layered with humanity that audiences of all kinds have flocked to it."

Hall is a two-time Emmy and Golden Globe nominee for his portrayal of Dex, while the series itself was nominated this year for five Emmys, including Outstanding Drama Series.

I'm glad that Dexter will be around for while! Love that show!!!

Hi ya Morty.... :animated_wave: So happy to see you posting again!

:pixiedust:

• 3 weeks later...