America's Player - Tasks

Yana

I just don't remember anything about if the person he got nominated didn't get voted out he lost that task... I do remember hearing that if the person he was trying to get evicted wasn't evicted then he didn't complete the task though...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yana - I don't think CBS ever actually said that if the person nominated isn't evicted Eric doesn't get the cash, but i've seen a lot of people here speculating that, so I think that's how it caught on.

Maybe it was the noination gets taken off the block it didnt count.

then on the tuesday votes (who he votes out ones) that person has to be evicted.

I think I typed it out wrong up there.

Maybe they will show us tonight what he has done since he may be gone thursday.

I really don't know... I have never heard anything about if they were taken off the block he doesn't get credit... Maybe I just missed it...

So I guess the debate will continue.

and the beats goes on and on and on and on

I've been riding this poor pony for a couple weeks now to the point I think Dade wants to cut tape my bag closed in the chat room.

:animated_scratchchin:

ok, since we don't have any official rules... I'm going to declare my rules to be 'official' until proven otherwise lol My rules will be based on what I have observed to this point in the season.

1. AP task to nominate - Eric gets credit if the HG is place on the block at any point during the week. His goal is to influence the HOH to nominate the HG chosen by America. If Eric is HOH, he gets credit if he places the HG chosen by America on the block. In this case(Eric being HOH), he does have the choice of following the request of America's vote. Credit is awarded if the HG is an initial nominee OR a replacement nominee. If the HG is removed from the block due to the use of POV, Eric still gets credit. (If Eric is HOH, he could nominate the selected HG to get credit, and then for strategic/alliance resons remove the HG from the block at the POV ceremony and/or influence the house to not evict the HG)

2. AP task to evict - Eric gets credit if the HG is evicted from the house. Eric has no actual vote. His goal is to influence the house to evict the HG selected by America.

3. AP task for other activities - Eric gets credit for completing the listed task. BB and CBS may broadcast the task in a vague manner to allow creative editing on the following show, so the task can be considered completed or failed, at the descretion of BB/CBS. The outcome of the task may or may not be reported to the viewers of the show.

ok, any questions regarding the official rules? :animated_bouncy:

There is some information on Wikipedia about it.

(Of course, Wikipedia information is not always reliable, as it is a pool of information put there by everyone, so it is by no means official.)

LINK

(Click the link to see the Table.)

America's Player

At the end of each show (starting July 8), Eric is asked to complete a task that America specifies by voting on CBS.com or by text messaging, and for every five tasks Eric completes, he is rewarded with US$10,000.[14] Viewers are able to vote on tasks from the end of an episode until midnight (PT). The Thursday task is pitching nominees to the HoH, the Sunday task is something interesting but might not affect the strategic game play, and the Tuesday task is who to vote to evict (the eviction tasks are only considered successful if the nominee of America's choice is evicted from the House). Despite the title "America's Player", Canadians will still be allowed to vote online. Allison Grodner, the executive producer, chuckled while telling Global TV "We are certainly not trying to exclude any of our viewers so we will call this...the 'Canadian-American Player'."[15]

I have updated the results as of the show tonight... I think it's pretty clear that he has indeed failed the task for nominations... If anyone has the shows recorded and don't mind going back to see if he has had the check mark for those I would really appreciate it...

Didn't see this posted anywhere on this site. But I only checked 2 threads I thought it would/should be in.. LOL

Anyhow Eric's brother posted this over on sucks...

=======================

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/a....art&page=1

This has CBS confirming once and for all that Eric must do as told; cannot deviate from america's vote; and cannot explain the AP twist.

=======================

LOL Thanks Jenna... I just want the debate to stop because it's clear to me he has to try to complete the tasks... There are still some questions unanswered I guess though...

Thank you , Yana- that definitely clarifies things once and for all! I am interested to find out if he had a choice in being America's Player, or if they told him that his only option for being on the show was that he HAD to be the AP. I mean, he's been an avid fan and wanted to be on the show for a long time...I just don't think he would have chosen to go in the game with his hands tied behind his back, figuratively speaking. I'm guessing it was the only option they offered him.

I am really glad this is helping some people out... I am very thankful to TVWatcher for posting this so that I could repost it... Watcher did a wonderful thing, I just happened to make it's own thread... :)

Does anyone know who America voted for Eric to flatter repeatedly? That was the first AP task that I did not see JC mention on the show (I think it was last Thursday's show...). I wanted to see how that turned out because I voted 10x's for him to flatter Dick. :smile1:

Archived