America's Task For Eric Should He Get Hoh...

Here's my view of the problem with the whole America's Player thing: the delay between what TV viewers see and the live feeds.

On a Tuesday show, viewers are shown the Veto competition and ceremony.

Then they are asked to vote for who Eric should vote for.

Eric gets the result on Wednesday, leaving him just one day to make it happen.

But in the meantime, the whole house has had a whole day to decide how they feel about it, and it's really hard to change everyone's minds by then.

This week, Eric had to strongly suspect that America's vote would likely get him into trouble, after what happened regarding the mystery vote the previous week. But with BB tying his hands and not giving him the CHOICE to vote the way America wants or not, the outdated information that viewers had when making their votes resulted in problems for him, and may ultimately get him evicted.

Since Eric does not have the choice of voting with or against America's wishes, I don't see how BB can count it as a completed task. I'm sure he has the choice to refuse to complete other tasks (like climbing into bed with Joe, or vandalising Jen's shirt), so why shouldn't he have to choice on the vote.

Just needed to get that off my chest.

Thanks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But he's happily fulfilling 90% of the crap they're asking him to do (spreading mustard, launching some hokey catchphrase, etc.). Plus, he obviously forgoes his eviction vote week after week.

All in all, he's been a pretty good spirit about a lot of this stuff. It's the 10% that he's not fulfilling that those who are pissed want to throw him out on.

i deal with it just fine.. thanks. and i am not the only one voting.. the majority of voters voted for kail to be evicted. so there has to be a reason why. did you ever stop to think maybe its YOUR reasoning that is off? i mean... why is it that soooo many people are wrong in your eyes?
well I would be the first toadmit if my reasoning is wrong, but if America was watching the show then they would know that Nick was going out and that voting for Kail again was just gonna bring out Eric as the "mole" in the house. So my reasoning is correct in that America wants Kail out of the house and.or just doesn;t like Eric and wants to see him screw up. If Amercia was actually playing to stay in the house they would not vote for things the way they do. Then again i may be wrong afterall, granted America did think that Sanjaya was the greatest singer on AI (trying not to laugh myself to death or choke on my own vomit) so I guess America really does know what it is doing in votes that allow excessive voting.
Since Eric does not have the choice of voting with or against America's wishes, I don't see how BB can count it as a completed task. I'm sure he has the choice to refuse to complete other tasks (like climbing into bed with Joe, or vandalising Jen's shirt), so why shouldn't he have to choice on the vote.
I'd love for AP to be allowed to choose whether to take the money to complete the task and vote the way america chooses or votes his own way, but I think he is required to attempt everything voted on, no matter how lame it may be attempted(trying to back track to get Kail out instead of Nick)

Archived