What Side Are You Rooting For?

uvp

what side are you rooting for?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. what side are you rooting for?

• eric, amber, jameka, jessica, dustin
    • dick, daniele, zach, jen

Nick and Dani were attracted to each other from the start. Anytime two people who are attracted to each other spend that much time together things are going to get complicated. The way to avoid that is to not spend that much time together, which is the exact opposite of what Dani did. There is no such thing as "just friends" when people are attracted to each other, if you dont have discipline enough to keep yourself from getting into situations like that then you are asking for trouble. And she found it....

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been pulling for D/D since the beginning. However, after this week, not so sure. I have been struggling to like Dani with all the whining she does. This week she seemed to be jsut like Amber, just without the tears. I didn't want nick to go either but if D/D felt SO strong about it, why didn't they flip the votes? I know hindsight is 20/20 but c'mon. Dick goes off on his rants (which I find funny at times) but this week watching he and Dani, I was just dissapointed in them. I am still not sure why they let Amber off the hook, I didn't see Dick go off on her. I really wish Dustin would have told them AMBER was the first to suggest backdooring Nick. Not sure who to pull for anymore. I guess it won't matter, at this rate, I am sure it will different next week anyway...*sigh*

I picked team eric. Although the more I think about it, its better if you dont have a favorite because then you can just enjoy watching the game. Like going to a Nascar race, if your favorite is taken out in the first big wreck and you dont have a backup fave then whats the point in spending the money to go to the race.

As much as I want Eric to stay and get HOH on Thurs, I think it would probably be equally entertaining to see ED get it. Complete mayhem in the BB house next week either way!!!

There is no such thing as "just friends" when people are attracted to each other

I have to disagree with you there... I have had a friend since high school that we both admit we are attracted to each other, but I was engaged when we met and nothing has ever happened... Even though there were times when we were both single and could have taken it further... We chose to remain friends, not lovers... We are still good friends and I am so in love with my husband and him with his wife... We love each other too, just not romantically...

You are missing the point. The fact that something could happen is the reason you avoid that situation. And just because you avoided it doesnt mean it cant happen to you later on or that it wouldnt have happened if you were in the same situation as Dani and Nick. People who smoke know they are at a high risk for lung cancer, it doesnt mean every smoker will get lung cancer, but it does mean if you want to avoid lung cancer, then you should avoid smoking....

Anyway...Dani was being all sympathetic and stuff...but she faking it the entire time. She only wanted to try and get Amber to vote out Eric...and played along with Amber to achieve this.

ImIn... is that how you saw it??? ^^^^ cause i saw daniele with a sour look on her face and talking to amber in a not so friendly way. even on the boards last night people were saying that daniele went about it all wrong, and should have been more friendly towards amber if she wanted amber to see things her way. i didnt see her faking at all.

You're right...I was being way to kind to Dani...she was very stone face and cold! :) I guess I was attributing her (Dani's) behavior due to lack of sleep from the night of funk dunking. I realize now she was being a bitch.

I didn't get the impression Amber even realized how stoic Dani was...she couldn't see anything through all her own tears from grieving Nick's eviction.

Complicated question because there are people I don't care for in each group. Sorry for the long post, I'm just too darn verbose sometimes! I think a lot of people have noted some of the same things... but here's my take on the HGs.

A little background on my opinion: Week 1 I came out hating Jessica, Kail, and Jen and rooting for Amber to stay (not that I wanted Carol out, but I said "aww.. she seems nice and is a single mom, so let's see if she'll play an honest game") while I sorted out the rest of the players. With Eric, I was a little wary because I felt like "America's Player" should have been chosen by America instead of the BB producers. As weeks progressed, I still found myself hating Kail and Jen... but doing a 180 on Amber (BB--please stop giving this girl airtime!) I slowly decided that Jessica wasn't so bad (despite her annoying voice) because she wasn't acting like a petty bitch once Carol was gone. I warmed up to Eric. I started rooting for Dick and Daniele (but more for Dick because it seemed like Dani wasn't going to give him the time of day... I've gone through a lot of crap with my dad too, but I at least make an effort to be civil!) I began disliking Nick because the guy was following Daniele around like a pathetic puppy dog literally BEGGING her to choose him over her boyfriend (that's low, man... show a little respect) and using her friendship with him to manipulate her. I found myself liking Dustin and being glad that Joe made an early exit. Jameka I was down with until the crazy religious stuff came out.

So here's how I'm looking at things now....

I'm not rooting for....

Amber - I know I'm not alone in this, but I have a few things I'd like to clarify. It's not just because she cries nonstop, overuses annoying phrases, etc. etc. but that doesn't help her case. The girl made a huge mistake (not to mention BB for picking her) coming on the show. She's been vocal about her drug addiction and the fact that she's only a year sober -- that is not nearly enough time to work all of your issues out and putting yourself in a place like the BB house is one of the most self-destructive things she can do. She claims she's an "emotional person" but there's a big difference between just being naturally emotional and being a total basket case. She so obviously lied to Nick (and umm.. where did this "close" relationship come from? I think I'm missing something because to me, the guy had no time to form close relationships with other houseguests in between his puppy dogging Daniele and Zach's puppy dogging him). Meanwhile she's not only lying to herself about the fact that she doesn't lie, but swearing on her daughter's life over it. She's *almost* the Ivette of BB8 (if you ignore the questionable personal past.) This girl's not in America's graces and should be getting help for her problems rather than making a spectacle of herself on national TV. Let's face it-- the girl is not going to win it and I don't see how she's going to survive sequester. BB should push the houseguests to send her home.

Dustin - He's a snake in the grass. He sells info to Kail that she's staying, when the LNC's goal was to keep her nervous and weak so she's a wreck and can't perform. I understand manipulation and playing both sides... but Kail? Come on. Plus, he's teamed up with the lying crybaby. Send him home so I don't have to look at that gray shirt anymore.

Kail - I think that this is pretty self-explanatory but I'll outline it. 1) She made a big to do about practically owning everyone in her town (what kind of reception is that going to give her upon her return?), 2) She openly presented herself as a bigot in the DR by saying how upset she would be if any of her kids "CHOSE" a gay lifestyle, 3) She has the personality of a wet rag, 4) She claims to be hot and heavy into BB but has no idea how to play the game (Hello -- you can't form an alliance Day 1 when you haven't gotten a chance to know people!) etc. etc. Besides, I think that we're all sick of her whining in and out of the DR about how nerve-racking it is to be on the block... about how she doesn't want to go home, meanwhile she's in the DR asking for a DOR.

Jen - This girl has no redeeming qualities in my book. She's self-centered and egotistical. I've seen a lot of people on the Internet making excuses for that, saying it's because of her age and well... that's just insulting! I'm 21 and nothing like that! While I understand that you need to put yourself first (duh- personal survival), there's no excuse for the vanity, holier-than-thou attitude, and the viral jealousy she displayed towards Daniele earlier in the game. Let's just refresh our memories about the lie she told about Nick trying to kiss her and think about why someone would lie about a thing like that. People say that you have to give her props for putting up with Dick's attacks. I'll grant that he does sometimes cross the line... but 1) good or bad it's his game strategy and 2) she's been nasty to him, but even more so to his daughter. Parents will do anything to protect their young. Dick's a bit unconventional in the parenting department but you can't doubt his love for his daughter, and you have to expect that he will likewise, unconventionally protect her. Plus, her claims that she's just there to have a good time irritate me just as much as her repetitive claims that she just wants to rid the house of negative vibes. There is ALWAYS going to be conflict in the Big Brother house no matter who stays or goes home.

I'm on the fence with....

Jameka - She's been flying under the radar, which is definitely the smart thing to do (though admittedly relatively easy when you've got people in the house just begging for a target to be tattooed to their backs). I liked her for trying to play an honest game... but then she started in with all the religious stuff. I was raised Catholic and while not religious myself, I try to be tolerant of people's religious beliefs... but some of her statements have been really questionable. God did not pick her ball out of the bag to play POV and was not telling her to play for Jen. Logically, it makes no sense to me from the Christian viewpoint. If God exists, Christianity argues that there is one God and really, doesn't God have better things to do than influence the Big Brother game? I was willing to overlook that statement even though I disagree (and want Jen out sooner than later), but then she started in on saying that God is a

Bigboyfan - I am greatly honored to have been asked to award you the 2007 TOLSTOY AWARD in the category Essays of 10,000 Words or More. You have been selected for your essay on the subject: What side are you rooting for. Unfortuately, I am unable to present the award in person. Please stop at the front desk as you exit the thread for your hard-bound copies of WAR AND PEACE, CRIME AND PUNISHMENT, and ANNA KARENINA. Again, congratulations!

[bigboy - all in good fun. Your post was well-conceived and articulate.]

Wasters? That's a stupid name...doesn't make sense.

Archived