A Thought To Get Rid Of Backdooring Forever

REZEVILGB13

There will still be 6 players The head of household the nominee's and 3 random players from the bag. But if the veto is used the only people who can be the replacement nominee are one of the 3 random players chosen. BOOM no more backdooring.

backdooring was cool at first but bb i forgot which 5 or 6 use it to death

With the exception of the first week, that is all this band of reprobates has been doing.

Pathetic.

This is such an indecisive bunch. They've backdoored someone every week but the first, and never once did they initially set out to intentionally backdoor the person.

W2, Dani wins veto, takes herself off, so they HAVE to put up a replacement, they put up Joe, then the whole house seems to think they came together and "backdoored" him.

W3, Jen wins veto/Dick gives her the veto, nonetheless Mike goes up and goes home because he was an idiot and that's just the way things tend to go in the BB house.

W4, The first time I guess you could really call it a backdoor, although Jameka used it for her own warped reasons, not because she specifically wanted to backdoor someone. But because of the circumstances of Nick's departure, i'd consider this a backdoor.

They just need coup de taits every week. No more veto. Or at least let everybody play so the person being backdoored at least has a chance to sniff out a backdoor attempt and go for POV to use it as a shield. The show gets progressively worse in regards to gameplay while the twists are all novelty crap that peters out well before the jury even fills up. More rule changes, less corny stunts.

There's going to be a lot of blowback from this season. Too many shady actions from the producers to preserve their poorly protected America's Choice twist, influencing voting and/or leaking info to HGs, selectively disqualify in the last HoH, and fueling conflicts through non-action. I hope that after the finale CBS cleans house, so to speak, starting with Alison Grodner and the Chenbot. Then start picking real people to compete instead of comical stereotypes.

As long as they are scared to go after who they want directly, they will continue backdooring. I like the fact that you can, because it shows that the 2 picked at the beginning aren't set in stone. It's just overused this year.

There's going to be a lot of blowback from this season. Too many shady actions from the producers to preserve their poorly protected America's Choice twist, influencing voting and/or leaking info to HGs, selectively disqualify in the last HoH, and fueling conflicts through non-action. I hope that after the finale CBS cleans house, so to speak, starting with Alison Grodner and the Chenbot. Then start picking real people to compete instead of comical stereotypes

welcome to the boards. one the best pound for pound post i read this year. you speak the truth :flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates::flags_unitedstates:

I hope that after the finale CBS cleans house, so to speak, starting with Alison Grodner and the Chenbot.

Julie Chicken will be involved as long as it's on CBS since her husband runs the network.

Too many shady actions from the producers to preserve their poorly protected America's Choice twist, influencing voting and/or leaking info to HGs, selectively disqualify in the last HoH, and fueling conflicts through non-action. I hope that after the finale CBS cleans house...

Absolutely agree, Brain.

But whether or not there really will be blowback, as you suggest, remains to be seen...

Yeah, they're picked by random ball drawing. But the houseguests are not allowed to check the bag and make sure that all the balls are in there, right? I think I read somewhere that Eric asked producers if he could check and was denied. CBS could be picking which balls go in, who gets extras, who gets none. I wouldn't doubt it this season. Plus not putting Eric's ball in and putting an extra for Jameka is a good way of CBS bailing out on Eric to avoid the HGs walking off if they by some stroke of luck find out he's getting a public opinion advantage.

But if Jameka's name (to continue your example) is in there twice, what happens if two people pick her name out.

CBS would be exposed.

They would never take that chance.

It would be more logical to always have one less ball than there are house guests. The HG's don't really have time to "count" (with their hand) how many are in the bag, so assuming that in week 1, you have 11 house guests who are eligible to have their balls picked out of the bag, the producers could just put 10 balls in the bag. The next week, 9. So each week, the number of balls goes down, but you're still missing one ball and no one knows the difference.

... until week 5, when everyone realizes that out of the 12 balls that have been picked out of the bag up to this point, Eric has never been one of them, which is definitely fishy. So, that plan would only work for the first month.

Can anyone else think of a way to fix the new version of the veto player pick?

Guest superzenith

Letting them all compete is stupid, especially for an underdog or someone whose up against the whole house. Agree with the earlier posts, the current way of picking pov players is fair and no, i dont think the balls are rigged.

Well, BB has to do something fishy with that bag containing the ping pong balls for the POV picking. Remember last year when Chicken George and Will were on the block? That POV they played where they dyed themselves blue and shaved their heads.... There were only guys playing in that competition. Two guy nominees, guy HOH, and they picked three guys from the bag. Think that's a coincident? And would they really have asked girls to shave their heads and dye themselves blue?

I actually DO think that is a coincidence, and not because I'm gullible or anything, but simply due to the fact that just because something is unlikely to happen, does not mean it cannot happen or will not happen.

Last night, I was watching the World Poker Tour on TV, and this one guy rivered his only out to crack pocket Aces - meaning that there was only one card out of a possible 44 which would give him the win, and that is the card that came out.

How about, instead of letting everyone compete, they just go back to how it was in BB2, and do away with the whole Veto concept altogether. That way, whoever the two nominees are will have close to a whole week to convince the others to vote to keep them? That is the only SUREFIRE way to get rid of back-dooring, because there is no backdoor if there is not Veto.

Throw me in with the "backdooring sucks" crowd. I hate when a good player gets evicted and they had no chance to save themselves in a competition. Even if that player is someone I don't like and wish they were gone.

I don't buy the "it is part of the game" rebuttal either. It was a loophole that was exploited and should be now be closed. EVERYONE in the house should be able to compete for PoV. The PoV competition is not live, so there are no time-constraint issues. Let the competition run however long it takes and CBS can edit it down for TV. No biggie.

Archived