Letter To America About Ap

dabears

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the really important problems with 'letting Eric go' and playing with his strategy is that we aren't using him to further his agenda, we're using him to further ours. If this were about seeing if we could make him win, that would be totally different. The fact is, we're using him for everything - stirring up the house, getting nominated who we want, getting evicted who we want.

Editted because I missed some responses: Eric voted how he was told, but he didn't campaign how he was told. As far as I'm concerned he was told who the pink slip was given to this past week (Kail) and he didn't follow through. Getting them nominated isn't enough, unless he somehow thought that was all the voters wanted out of it. Why should it come as ANY surprise at all, I mean ANY surprise that he was going to have to vote for Kail? Eric went rogue this week and he's mad that we didn't support his rogue actions. Well, the price he's now paying is the lack of sympathy or turning the vote to suit him. He had days to campaign for Kail and instead he spent around 1.5 to 2 FULL DAYS campaigning against Nick of his OWN VOLITION. Am I the only one that see's that as completely idiotic?

The thing is that he gets a card with a name on it and he has to vote for that person. There is no discussion about it...how does he know that people want Jen out because she wears skimpy suits or Kail out because they think she is a homophobe or Amber because her crying grates on their nerves...he may not see these people in that light (as some viewers on this board do not either). So he votes the way he is told...he doesn't have to believe in it. Isn't the question "Who will Eric evict this week" if so he is doing what "America" wants.

The thing that stinks about AP is that America can be completely erratic in its wishes, and that is going to make Eric look untrustworthy (or "sketchy" as they like to say in the house), no matter what he does.

Okay, Just my two cents one what I feel America's Players purpose is. Their purpose is to carry out stupid tasks such as put mustard on a pillow or say I'd DO that for a dollar way to many times. The second part of their task is to try to get the person that america wants nominated and to have his automatic vote cast by us. Outside of that it his game to play, develop the relationships within the house that he can feel most "real" within and trust. Granted seeing the vote from the week before he should have campained against Kail the entire week. But everyone should know how the house is feeling before they are casting their vote this second time and voted Nick out. It is not his fault for playing the game it is America's for not playing a good game. Afterall if he goes on the block. America does not get a vote that week (but I am sure they have some sort of backup polling in place for if/when that was to occur.) ALso if he gets out of the house you lose your say in the house (unless they plan on recruiting a new AP after that, which would be really lame IMO) Honestly I think the AP thing sounded cool at first, but as I thought about it In realized it was extremely stupid to put America in charge of selecting who they want evcited cause it is becoming a popularity contest and not stategy. I hope they nix this idea for future season's (if anyone would be willing to take them up on the offer again)

In my eyes Eric=America and America=Eric.

If Eric (like "America" wanted him to) had worked on getting rid of Kail, who can be compared to a "pawn", having the chance to get rid of a "Knight" (Nick)...he would have kept a solid alliance of three (Nick, Dan, Dick) in the house which would eventually bite him in the arse.

Had it not been for that banner (America, backstabbing it's "ally" again) Dan would not have put 2 and 2 together, and Eric would still be trusted by Dick. (don't get me wrong I'm loving this new "twist"...but truth be told...)

If anyone in the house allies with another HG and realizes his/her alliance is trying to throw him/her "under the bus" to help get someone else ahead in the game, they usually disregard that alliance's advice and go with their own. That's what Eric did to "America". Eric has to vote like "America" tells him, but if he's smart he won't follow advice that will obviously affect his game negatively.

After all, all things considered, if America gets Eric eliminated, America loses nothing, Eric loses a good chunk of dollar bills...

I just have to disagree about America playing a bad game. The facts that we and Eric knew prior to the infamous 'second eviction vote':

America voted for Eric to get Kail nominated

America voted for Eric to vote Kail out

(gee, a pattern seems to be developing)

America voted for Eric to get Kail nominated

(yes, a pattern - clearly a pattern is developing here)....What does Eric do at this point? Does he bust ass to make sure that Kail is the one going so that he doesn't look like an idiot? Nope, he campaigns hardcore against Nick. And what happens? America doesn't take mercy on Eric for his behavior, but instead, they stick with voting Kail out. And....

America voted to get Kail out

... and, Eric is left wondering why America didn't support his game. He's supporting our game is the way I see it.

if America gets Eric eliminated

Is that not impossible because it will be just the players deciding ,since Eric cannot vote if he is the one put up .

I really think Eric could be sent packing this time and the AP will not be used again :animated_rotfl:

Eric is seen as erratic by key players in the house because of his actions related to being AP. I think the fact that he campaigned to get Jessica nominated per America's vote will come back to haunt him this week. The only fair thing to do at this point is to release him from the twist and let him play as his own man.

I think even without knowing Eric is the Ap they are talking more about all the other lies he is telling. How does he know theat Dick, even if it were true, needed counsdeling before the show. I don't understand where they come up with half of this stuff and how do these rational thinking intelligent beleive that he would be singled out and be privy to info like this.

I've had my fill of Eric...

I'm thinking... why bother to vote... Eric won't do what AMERICA wants anyway. (I would like to know if the voting will drop off after this past week?)

I think a lot of people misinterpret what APs tasks are.

The first task he gets after HoH is who to try and get put on the block.

Then he gets a silly task after sunday's show.

Once PoV is used, he gets told who his vote is being used on. That may be different then who we said on Thursday.

There is no talk of him having to sway the vote to get that person evicted once our vote has been cast.

Everyone clamoring he hasn't done what WE wanted him to do is wrong.

He screwed himself by being so vocal about Nick, but he hasn't done anything other than that to warrant everyone saying he isn't doing our bidding. imho of course...which changes hour to hour! ;)

There is no talk of him having to sway the vote to get that person evicted once our vote has been cast.

I thought that too, but he has campaigned each time for who we we made him vote for. Whether that is coincidence or not, I don't know. The fact that he made a half way attempt to get Kail out is what makes me think he has to campaign also.

Why does Julie Chen say on America's eviction vote: And who do you want Eric to try to get evicted in the Big Brother house?

and for the Noms she says" And who do you want Eric to get nominated for eviction?

(not exact words but along those lines)

yeah, on tuesdays it says something along the lines of "Who do you want eric to get evicted?" meaning he has to campaign AND vote for that person out.

Show me the rule that states this! It's not on CBS's website. Besides Eric doesn't get to "vote." Whoever America votes for is automatically Eric's "vote." Saying he has to campaign is extremely vague. What does that mean? Does he have to talk to a certain number of people, or mention voting out that person a certain number of times, or on a certain number of days? Without the exact rules no one really knows what he has to do, it's all speculation!

He should get no special privileges from being AP.

I never said he should get special privileges, although he already does: 1) the chance to earn "extra" money 2) knowing who America dislikes (regardless of the reason the person is disliked).

I believe the person America selects to evict must be evicted in order for Eric to win the challenge...which he obviously lost on the Kail/Nick eviction

Archived