Are You Glad They Saw The Banner?

BrandyM82

Are you glad they saw the banner?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Happy with aftermath of hg's banner sighting?

• No-it interferes with 'integrity' of the game
    • Yes-somehow I like it

I also have mixed feelings about the banner planes (as someone else in this thread said, but I can't remember who). I think it is sort of unfair to the houseguests whose games are interfered with because of them, but on the other hand, it creates some excitement and changes things up.....and anything that saves Jen this week is good.

But...

CBS isn't going to create a story to tell the houseguests to explain them away - not gonna happen. Period.

CBS isn't going to get the air above the BB house declared a "no fly zone" - that one just made me giggle.

Eric is just gonna have to live with it - but it really didn't hurt his game. He'll survive it. It just got Eric more determined in getting Dick out sooner, so if it really was Dick's friends, they screwed Dick, not Eric.

If people are going to spend the money for a banner, I really wish their messages were clearer. Sheesh!

I've read in this thread both that Janelle said she DID send them and that Janelle said she did NOT send them. I tend to believe the former and wish people would stop saying she is "taking the credit." This is how rumors gets started. ;)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a dorky poll i know, i myself have mixed feelings about it but what's done is done....im voting yes because at least it really stirred up all the paranoia, but i'd like to know what mortyians think

It certainly stirred the pot and got the producers scrambling to save both their contrived estranged father/daughter storyline and AP. I love it that the producers actually have some work to do and stop being lazy this season.

So much for their lame twists.

Re poll choice #1: This game has "integrity"??

:D exactly the reason for the " ", yath...another board had lots of people upset that letting outside influences interfere totally destroys the whole BB premise

my argument is that the slanted way diary room questions would also be outside influence, im sure there are other examples too

and GreatXL, that is an excellent point that i hadnt thought about...now the two that really were actively backstabbing are proably going to slink into the background only for other people to take a shot at it

I kind of have mixed feelings about it too. I voted no though. I just hope this doesn't give Jen and Kail another week on the block and another week of both of them staying. But from what I've heard, even if Eric goes on the block, he won't go home.

The banners don't bother me. They have no more credibility than the paranoia going on in the house.

As for Eric, he didn't do what America assigned him to do this past eviction. His best interest would have been to change the other HG's vote to Kail and then that 2nd vote wouldn't have been so obvious. He blew it, all by himself this week!

I think the person who really benefits the most from the banner is Jen b/c now all the attention and focus is off of her. She's now going to fade into the background.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was chilltown flying those banners to help her out. :)

That was an hard question. I am torn between it. I liked the banners get seen. But i do wish they could see some off the other banners to equal out among the hg who are now having their game played messed up. Some deserved it, but I felt that america should not threaten the american player no matter what until the twist is reveled. :lipsrsealed2:

I usually don't like banners, but I'll make an exception this time. Thanks to this banner Dick is going nuts with paranoia and burning bridges left and right...and everybody else is realizing how much stronger that alliance between father/daughter is. I don't think any of them want to play for final 3...so...I'm loving it :animated_bouncy:

Can't wait till they give Dicky a dose of his own "calling out" medicine ...The banner has actually been the best "twist" this season, for little ole me :)

i think the part of the banner that got to dick more than eric lying is that dick is a member of the nerdherd2

i read a point elsewhere that brought up the fact that cbs should have to address the banner flying over to explain how dick/daniele ended up targeting eric

i didnt have the feeds in those early years, but i dont believe they ever showed us too much about the banner planes on the shows have they?

im betting they'll just play up the part where dick was praising daniele for being so smart and figuring this out all on her own

While I like that it has made Dick paranoid, over all I don't like the banners. The game is based on them having to rely on their own wits to decide what is real and what is assumed and throwing outside input into the mix kind of spoils it for me.

Then again, look at how creative Eric is having to be to twist the banner to his advantage!! I bet Dr. Will could have convinced the entire BB6 gang that the banner said - America loves Dr. Will!!

Kat

Dont like the banners at all, they should not have ANY outside "clues, assumptions, help" nothing. They dont get any other news or whatever so why would they do this favor for the HG's. It should all be them in the house with no clues as to what is going on with what the fans think. Nothing, nada, zilch, they need to think for there own paranoid selves and figure it out on their own!

Sitting here in my rocking chair talking to all you young whipper snippers. I can remember when in season 1 that the producers would show the banners on tv and how the hg would go out side to see what the banners said.

With that I agree that banners have no place in the game. It ruins all the work done by all hg who have set their game play into action( still nice to see evil going bonkers) Even though I don't like eric that banner ruined his game play even though he is trying to save what he can.

The producers now have a problem with outdoor hoh comp's and the fear of a long comp and banner planes :animated_scratchchin: what ever will they do

But technically, Eric is getting "outside help" with America's Vote...sure, sometimes it's who we don't like but I have a feeling that this week it may be someone that can't be trusted...I know it's not as blatant but that's a different perspective too

I don't like the banners. Why not let them read newspaper sections if they can have contact with the outside? They could pick and choose which things they could read, and at least it wouldn't be about the game. The whole idea is to have no contact with the outside world.

Having read a lot of your insights, I guess I can see some good having come of this... as to exposing Dani/Dick's extremely strong alliance and getting Dick paranoid to the point that he's burning bridges. Anything that will lead to that arrogant bully's downfall, I am all for.

However, I still think it is outside interference and that sucks. :P

Archived