What Keeps You Watching?

TxSioux

That is a very good question - and I don't mean that facetiously, either! This season is challenging to watch because there is such a large group of really boring, mindless followers.

As much as you love to hate, Dick (or hate to love him) I think he is desperately trying to make "good tv" with his over-the-top conniption fits.

The Dani/Nick romance is interesting, somewhat.

Eric is super smart.

Jessica is actually pretty sweet.

Amber, Dustin, Jameka, Kail - they could be gone and I'd never notice or care. They are all basically trying so hard to appear as if they have original strategies - or that they're something special, but the truth is they are boring - boring - boring!!

Zach - see I forgot about him in my last post!! He's just forgettable but kind of pitiful.

Danielle could be more interesting if she actually held a conversation beyond "I hate you" or "Shut up" or "It's so unfaiiiir".

Kat

I'm a glutton for punishment...

his over-the-top conniption fits.

OMG, haven't heard/seen that word in years. Love it!

Danielle could be more interesting if she actually held a conversation beyond "I hate you" or "Shut up" or "It's so unfaiiiir".

That is just so exactly, positively, undeniably right. I just don't see how this can be a happy girl in the outside world.

OK, I know she's annoying the crap out of Dick and she annoyed me too in the beginning of the show, But there's something about Jen lurking beneath her facade. (She's not the dumb bimbo she's portrayed herself to be)

It's pretty much confirmed that she is an extension of chill town. So I am waiting to see what she's going to do to blow this snooze fest apart. :sleep1:

And I think it's coming, very soon. (err... I hope.)

Hey, Katy -

Did I date myself by that antique phrase? I remember asking my grandmother what a conniption was and being told - it's just the kind of a fit someone has when they've run out of alllll other fits!! (Wink).

I really, really did not want to like Jen, at all. She absolutely comes across as oblivious to the world around her - so self-involved she is!! But now - with these attacks and she's holding her own and come on, everyone - she is only 23 years old - she is still standing and smiling. It feels like her smiles are more and more forced. I wish the producers would rein in Dick or just go ahead and evict him and call a sudden end to the season and give it a decent burial!!!

Kat

See, there it is, just like we're sayin' -- BB goes and leaks the fact that Kail is seriously thinking of walking.

This show turns on a dime.

Was that on purpose? Did they take our oh-so-boring 36 hours and give us one giant shot of uppers or what?

Maybe a lot of the attraction to this show is the possibility of "ya had to be there." Were you there? Did you hear the slip? Ahhhh, what satisfaction. I just about had a conniption fit!

Okay, so we're outed, Kat :animated_bouncy:

mexikat, I was the same way, I didn't care for Jen at the first... yesterday I saw a link to her web site and decided to see what it was like... I was shocked to see the amount of experience she has doing modeling and spots on television shows... yea, I know she hasn't been the star of a movie or anything, but she's got alot more experience than I expected to see... I guess what surprised me was that she has stayed silent(for the most part lol) when Dick has come at her with guns-ablazin', and hasn't mentioned(that I've heard) the amount of experience she has... I'm impressed (but still staying nuetral so I can enjoy the show! lol)

Well ... I have to admit that my husband & I actually sat down for tonight's show & had a great time. We laughed like crazy every time Amber turned on the tears. Honestly, does anyone out there know a person like Amber!?! It's a trainwreck I can't stop watching! How can anyone cry at the drop of a hat like her? Although, I do know a guy like Dick ... so his bs wears thin, but he does entertain me & I love his relentless pursuit of Jen. I despise Jen & find her totally useless, but I have to applaud her ability to remain calm when Dick goes off on her. I really am amazed at how well she holds her composure under the most adverse situations. I didn't want to like Jess or Eric, but find them both somewhat likable. I'm really not believing how well Eric has flown under the radar. No one ever points a finger at him. I'm waiting for people to start putting the pieces together & figure out how much he doesn't make a real commitment (because he's waiting for America's vote) & plays both ends against the middle.

Ok ... I've answered my own question! We're all BB junkies & it's just taken a bit longer than usual for this group to start playing the game. They're still a relatively boring group, but I just love waiting for SOMETHING to happen! I love the game & hate the players -- this year.

Susan.

This year feels a lot like watching the last two weeks of the season with the nerd herd. It's slow and boring.

Where is the entertainment? Jen is dull. Amber's crying is more annoying than anything. Dustin is boring. Mike.... who was he again? Oh yeah, the guy who didn't talk. Kale.... this year's pawn.

I can't believe they have so many boring people on one show. As much as I didn't like Joe, he was one of the few entertaining people. And Nick was my eye candy. Take away the entertainment and the eye candy and, well, you have the rest of season 8. :glare:

I honestly cannot tell you why I am watching. I think it must be an ADDICTION. Just can't help myself. :smile1: Maybe I'll check myself into Betty Ford.

hoping to see good gameplay of the likes of the great maggie best bb player imho and great doctor Will second. last few bb season havent had such great gameplay :food-smiley-005: . this year is going to be ONE OF my years i am NOT impress with the gameplay. i wasnt a fan of maggie to begin with but i respect good gameplay. if any hg this year even the ones i dislike show me good gameplay i give them their props like i always do

After the last couple of days I wonder why I'm still watching?

My faves are falling fast.....There's several I don't like at all.....

I'm hoping it'll get better......Maybe if Eric goes....

Oh yes ....all the reruns are on......

Can't wait til Sept.

Archived