I Hereby Declare Ap Is The Worst Twist Ever

Xal

I hope they never do AP again. It's just not fair to the people inside the house. If you were FORCED to watch the live feeds it would be different, but most AP voters only watch the tv shows and they are only seeing what BB wants them to see. This is almost akin to fixing the game and I do believe BB is still under game show regulations (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Look at the vote this week for Sunday's episode on cbs.com. Dick was shown in a very nice light along with Dani with their heart to heart and their cute little hug. BOOM, Dick and Dani shoot up in the polls and now Dick is running away in popularity. Jen was getting lower and lower but she gets a good showing in the episode and suddenly BOOM, she shoots up to fifth place in popularity. Even Zach moved up some due to showing he was being picked on.

I'm sorry, this is like fixing the game. It's not fair to the players and it's not fair to the people like us who actually shell out extra money for the feeds and Showtoo. We, the TRUE fans, are not having any effect on the game. It's the people who do nothing but watch the shows on tv, where editing, not truth, is king, that are having the biggest effect on the game.

I hope they NEVER do anything like AP again.

Worst. Idea. Ever.

ummmmmmm Sunday show did NOT show Dick in a very good light. Were we wathcing the same show. It showed him being a bully and harrasing Kail and Jen. Yes they had the father/daughter thing too. They just showed the real Dick good and the bad.

Well XAL it is TV and they can't show it all. I wish they had the show on TV 7 days a week so they could show more but they don't. They have to make a TV show for the public.

That is why all my opinions are formed by the feeds.

I kind of like AP, at first I thought maybe he had an unfair advantage over the rest of the house. Getting told by us who to go after, and who to vote out. since we see things he doesnt then he would get the idea that these are people to watch. But then I thought about the idea that he has to do things like vandalize someones stuff, and not get caught. or be the odd vote that everyone's wondering about.. so he's at a disadvantage there... I figured it evens out, and I'm liking him more and more. I don't know that I like it enough to want BB to use the twist again, but I'm entertained by it for now...

Lunchlady, that's the problem right there. I, too, thought we'd see things he didn't and could effect his game positively, but since the vast majority of AP voters DON'T watch feeds and thus DON'T see anything except what producers want them to see, it's really no effect at all.

If you go across all fan boards, the most hated, despised HG is pretty much unanimously Amber, but she doesn't get voted in AP because the people who vote don't see her constant backstabbing and then crying for sympathy on the feeds. Instead, you get all the "high school revenge fantasy" types who target Jen every week, a lot of which is because of her poor showing the first few episodes.

Look, I hate to sound like a jerk, but I wouldn't trust most Americans to vote for the Pepsi challenge, much less a tv show and, heaven forbid, the next president.

Xal, I quite agree with what you're saying, but none of it surprises me.

I think this is probably what all "Reality" shows are about--all kinds of real stuff going on, but the producers only airing what they want us to see.

I'm certain that's what happens on "Survivor" or A.R. or the bachelor/bachelorette shows, etc. etc.

It's the only way they can make the "reality" equal good T.V. and good ratings.

its like this every year. what we see on the feeds vs. what they show on the tv show has always been different.

this year its no different.... and the AP didnt change any of it. even though the Sunday Tasks have not been great... i still like the whole idea of having an AP. it gives us a chance to play but only in a small way.

Does anyone know if, according to FCC regulations, BB is considered a game show? The more I think about it there's no way it could be because they'd be up on charges by now for fixing.

I know I would not like to give Eric and impossible task. I would love to have him try to get Amber out but would not vote for that yet because it would really mess up Erics game and not be fair to him. If Dick or Daniele get HOH I will be one pushing for AP to put Amber on the block.

I love AP. I think sometimes the questions are a little redundant and boring, but I like it. I vote 10x's every Sun, Tues, and Thursday. I think Eric is great and looks like he will go very far in the game. He's very smart and very good at persuading people to look at things the way he wants them too.

I know I would not like to give Eric and impossible task. I would love to have him try to get Amber out but would not vote for that yet because it would really mess up Erics game and not be fair to him. If Dick or Daniele get HOH I will be one pushing for AP to put Amber on the block.

i think the reason amber hasnt been chosen this week or last week is because america knew that there was no chance in hell Dick or Dustin would put her on the block.. i mean, come on.. lets be real... Dustin is her BFF.... I think he would punch eric for even suggesting the thought.

so i dont know why anyone would question why america hasnt been voting amber... just look at the bigger picture people! the right person has to be HOH for the thought of amber to be nominated.

I like the America's player twist, but I also agree that some people are not shown on the regular broadcasts like they should, be such as Amber. Ugh. But, I guess it is

due to time restraints. At any rate I wish one plot twist was that instead of a regular HOH week, they would have America be HOH and cast the votes for nomination of who

goes on the block, (via text) and then maybe have a popular former houseguest come downstairs to do the key ceremony. That would be a cool twist, the houseguests

would be probably shocked, and then we would have an actual say. Just my opinion of course. :)

ummmmmmm Sunday show did NOT show Dick in a very good light. Were we wathcing the same show. It showed him being a bully and harrasing Kail and Jen. Yes they had the father/daughter thing too. They just showed the real Dick good and the bad

I was watching the exchange between Dick/Daniele on Shotoo while it was happening so I was interested to see how CBS would portray it. I thought they did a good job and in fact, possibly made Dick look bad, NOT good. They chose to make sure to air where Daniele told him how he has said some really awful things to her. BUT, they did not show how her initial reason was that he called her too much.

If you go across all fan boards, the most hated, despised HG is pretty much unanimously Amber, but she doesn't get voted in AP because the people who vote don't see her constant backstabbing and then crying for sympathy on the feeds. Instead, you get all the "high school revenge fantasy" types who target Jen every week, a lot of which is because of her poor showing the first few episodes.

This is so true too. I wish they would just do a better job of portraying exactly who these people are, instead of creating a role for them. Maybe they'll eventually catch up with us live feeders and use what the HG give them, instead of creating a show.

One thing is for sure, following the live feeds is an entirely seperate show show.

Look, I hate to sound like a jerk, but I wouldn't trust most Americans to vote for the Pepsi challenge, much less a tv show and, heaven forbid, the next president

:animated_rotfl::lipsrsealed2:

I like the AP. I think America can affect the outcome of the game. They could not have picked a better AC. Eric is so good at his subtle manipulating of peoples opinions.

I think Eric is doing a great job with AP. As for the twist itself, I think the person it is most unfair to is Eric. It is forcing him to play a different game and putting him at risk. Gotta give the boy props. He has managed to avoid all suspicion for any of it.

I like AP. I don't understand why so many expect each task to be some riveting game-changing feat each time. I like that some tasks are silly & I like to see Eric try to complete them. Eric has turned into my 2nd favorite player so I hope he stays around for a good long while :grin2:

i still like the AP twist, especially when you compare it to the 'enemy twist'

as far as whether BB is classified as a game show, i think i remember that being discussed last year...and someone found out that its not even classified as a reality show, they said its classified as a drama or something

maybe someone with a better memory remembers

I have a problem with it too. It really could put Eric in a really bad position. If the house somehow saw or guessed that he did valdalize or he was the other vote for mike what would that do to his game It seems that it may be very hard for Eric to win with all the AP crap he has too do. I mean "america choose a praze for Eric to make him annoying?" thats crap and not a good idea

sulaw

While it could put Eric in a bad position he has shown that he is a really good player & actually never been suspected of anything. I mean no one would have ever expected Eric to vote for Kail to go so it was very easy for him to throw blame Nick's way. I heard he admitted to the mustard thing last nite but Jessica said he was joking so I still don't really believe anybody thinks he did it.

Ao is actually great, and the show IMO is going along well with the feeds. They showed Dick and DanieLe have that moment, because Dick and Daniele HAD THAT MOMENT.

Archived