Eric Week 4 - America's Player

Well, what you have with your friend is great. And while it may be perfectly okay to call your friend that as a term of friendship or comraderie, it's generally not okay to call someone that that you do not know, even if it's a character on tv (or Eric in this case). NOT b/c of Eric but b/c of others on this board who may take offense to it. I guess I should say not in a public form such as this.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chlodoll Posted Today, 09:44 PM

Being Jewish is not a race. Its a religion anyone can be Jewish

Sorry to disagree but I am Jewish by blood only. I do not practice the religion. My family is Jewish by blood only. Very few of them practice the faith.

True, but Jewish people may take offense to being singled out by their religion.

This is the whole thing...many people are not PC, but this is a public forum and to post things that might offend someone else is inconsiderate. If the gays, blacks, christians, women, anorexics and whoever else can get offended, then why not the Jewish people?

Eh, I wouldn't be making such a big deal about it, but if someone is going to stand up for what is right and wrong in another thread then they should equally stand up for what is right and wrong in this thread. You can't cry foul for only one cause.

chlodoll

I am not going to argue about this. I am well aware of what I am. I am Jewish by blood and American by birth. My family members are Jews and Italians. Being Jewish is NOT just a religion. It is a race. Not all Jews are from Israel. The Jewish race has been spread out all over the world. It's by blood that I am a Jew. You may have your opnion but it is factually wrong. The only blood "Americans" are Indians. The rest of us are from other countries and areas. I don't have to live in Israel to be a Jew. I don't have to live in Italy to be Italian. My ancestors are from those areas not me.

I would've told arrow referring to the only black in the house as 'black girl' was tacky as well. What you slap on your friends privately as a nic name is not going to be accepted in public circles especially amongst strangers. And I'm as strange as they get.

AmericanGirl, the eyes could be a mix of both.. actually, the hair is probably both too!!!! lmao. what a good mix you have in you!

of course i am partial to italians.... so dont go by me too much.. :lookaround:

Wow - seems like it's been a busy day full of bigoted comments and bull crap about the virtues of breaking down political correctness. What a bunch of idiocy.

First; I've consistently stated that bigotry, prejudice and homophobia are offensive and wrong. It's the disease of the ignorant.

The use of 'jewboy' rather than Eric or even idiot if you want is not attacking Eric, but instead attacking a culture. Before you make claims that you didn't attack, what you said was very clearly mocking and derisive. To attempt to paint it as anything less insults not only our intelligence, but makes you even more ignorant for trying to bluster through your attempts at being the rock'em, sock'em anti-pc avenger.

If Eric was running around with the torah and/or the talmud and quoting passages, you might have a case for being derisive of him as person using prosletizing as strategy, and therefor more legitimately warranting some zingers, but even then, Jewboy is pretty darn base.

But hey, who am I to insist that 'red-neck neo-con's jumping to bigoted conclusions and making crass statements is unacceptable on these boards. At most I can just point out the derisiveness and 'eww' factor that clings like the stench of bulls*** to idiots that make comments like 'Jewboy' and think it's a-okay.

Archived