Dick Week 4

CeCiMom

Is Dick an ass? Yes.

Is he wrong for the things he says to Jen? Yes.

Did he break any rules? No.

All I'm saying is that he hasn't done anything worth kicking him out for. If Jen was so upset, why is she laughing about it in the jacuzzi?

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, he is now being sad and desperate.

He wants the attention cuz he knows it is on ShoToo. Can't wait to see him walk out sooner rather than later just to watch him realize, he isn;t as cool as he thinks.

Dep

Dick is now trashing Jameka to Jessica and rewriting history himself. He is trying to say that Jameka did not know before today that the replacement was going to be Nick, that she thought it would be Zach.

Whatever Dick, not everyone buys what you're selling. Jessica, thank goodness, is a level headed person.

Dick is saying that Jameka didn't know it would be Nick before she committed to using the POV on Jen. That happened way before the meeting where they decided on Nick. Jameka committed on using it when God told her to use it.

Soyyo wrote:

Sorry, Jen was upstairs with Kail in HOH. Amber came in the room to listen to music. Jen left and went outside. 2 cams on Jen outside 2 on Dick sitting on round bed changing his pants. Jen started chit chatting with Jess and sat by the Hot tub...Dick THEN came outside and started badgering her AGAIN. I was watching the feeds the whole time. Please don't twist facts just to defend that imbecile's repulsive behaviour.

THANK YOU Soyyo!! I was beginning to think I was crazy, as I've already read three comments insinuating or downright saying that my transcriptions are biased and incorrect. It's good to know my eyes and ears were working just fine.

Even if Jen had gone outside after Dick -- big whoop. She has a right to do that. Oh, wait--you mean she actually took out chemicals to treat the water, and she smiled? Off with her head!

By Dick showing his low class demeanor by tossing that tea he made a huge mistake and even Eric felt sympathy towards Jen . Later I hear he kept it going in front of the hot tub in front of Jessica saying it should have been slop. Bad move and I predict they are going to turn on Dick . Jameka and Amber have issues with it too.

Jessica was only being a diplomat listening to Dick when she said Jen could be thrown out too etc.

Watch , Jessica will be viewing Dick different now and she will hide it well aganist him.

Dick's vulgar and crass character will be his downfall because Jen is going to use it and his weakness Danille aganist him .He is too stupid to realize he is digging his own grave. It is going to be fun to watch.

I'm not Jen so I can't say for 100% sure, but I honestly don't believe Jen is egging this on purposely. Some people deal with being attacked the same way Jen does. They try to laugh it off and act nonchalant because this is their coping mechanism. It's not healthy. Jen should really let it out sometimes because it appears it is really starting to bother her. Keeping inside feelings like that can be damaging, especially if it is repeated over a long period of time.

No matter how strong Jen appears on the outside, these constant attacks against her person are having an effect, subconsciously and/or consciously.

Are you kidding Jen loves the attention. She is smiling for the camera and getting her time in the spotlight.
You're wrong Marty. No matter how unaffected she appears on the outside, she is being affected on the inside. This is a pattern I have dealt with too many times to count and it truly worries me that I'm seeing it in the BB house because there's nothing I can do about it. The person will be berated every chance the abuser gets. This will go on often for years (or weeks in this case). Then there is that one instance of negative physical contact, no matter how small (in this case, the tea pouring). At this point the abuser will feel even more empowered. He has taken the next step and knows he has not gotten in trouble for it. It's a pattern that many abusers take before they move up to the next step which is often hands on physical abuse. I am not saying Dick is going to physically abuse her, what I am saying is he is showing a pattern that many abusers follow and it should be taken seriously.
I didn't see Jen follow ED to the BY on the feeds. I saw her by the hot tub and him walk out after her. I haven't seen her stalking him. Why should she have to leave a room because ED says so? I see what she is doing as standing her ground. If she walked away ED wins the control. Right now she is showing him that he can't get under her skin
It's called revisionist history and I wouldn't expect anything less from some of the people here.

It's called revisionist history and I wouldn't expect anything less from some of the people here.

Wow, Xal...that's a really personal thing to say, regardless of who it's directed at.

And you really think you don't have an anger management problem??

After Dick's behavior this week, I can certainly understand why Danielle has not spoken to him in the last two years. But, she says nothing to him about his actions. She sits there and listens to the atrocious things that he is saying and then, even when they are alone, doesn't say a thing to him about it. No wonder she is so messed up, having a father like that. Maybe I am sheltered, but I have never been exposed to that kind of behavior. I found it very hard to watch. I feel very sorry for Jen and especially her family. Can you imagine watching your daughter/sister/friend being treated like that and not being able to do anything about it?

Wow, Xal...that's a really personal thing to say, regardless of who it's directed at.

And you really think you don't have an anger management problem??

It is 100% true since people are saying things happened on the feeds that did not happen. What else would you call it?

I'm really getting sick and tired of people assuming I'm angry while in the same breath they defend Dick. I'm asking nicely for it to stop now. I am the exact opposite of what you assume. I simply get more talkative about this topic since I have dealt with hundreds of people, mostly women, who have been through different levels of this type of abuse. I don't take it kindly and I don't ignore it. It's not in my nature to.

Wow, I've been kind of back and forth about whether I liked Dick or not...now there is nothing he can do - no redeeming moment - that could ever make me see him as anything more than a crass, abusive bully. He's in his freakin' 40s, and he acts like he's in high school. I don't doubt for a second that, if Jen is no longer around to bully, he'll move on to the next target. Probably Amber, since she's weak and her tears will feed his sick ego.

Wow, I've been kind of back and forth about whether I liked Dick or not...now there is nothing he can do - no redeeming moment - that could ever make me see him as anything more than a crass, abusive bully. He's in his freakin' 40s, and he acts like he's in high school. I don't doubt for a second that, if Jen is no longer around to bully, he'll move on to the next target. Probably Amber, since she's weak and her tears will feed his sick ego.

Or, you know, it could be that whole "Jen being a complete and utter b*tch" thing...

Yeah, Jen is self-centered and ridiculous, but she's never done anything to warrant the abuse she's receiving from SEVERAL houseguests. She definitely is annoying, but she doesn't deserve this. I don't think any human being deserves to be degraded like this.

woman beater

huh um

I'm glad Dick and Danielle are getting along.

With that said.. It's time for Dick to go...

He finally let his emotions go too far, and he'll be voted out, maybe even sooner than Jen, Kail or Zack

It'll be an interesting Head of Household.

I was up a lot last night because of thinking about all of the posts that were written yesterday. I have Not read any of the posts since I went to bed last night.

I am not going to weigh in (at least in this post) as to whether or not ED is an abuser or if other houseguests are being abused. I don't want my opinion to cloud things. However, I felt compelled to take this opportunity to say what was on my mind concerning everybody's reactions. The following is not meant to be "preachy" in any way- though I have a feeling it will end up sounding like that on paper-lol.

People are feeling strongly about the harrassment/abuse issue. There have been a lot of good posts and this has become a very emotional issue for a lot of the posters and the others that are just reading them.

I say we table the discussion (about BB) for a minute and think about what we could do in our day to day lives to help those in our communities that have been abused. There are a lot more out there than most of you realize. This has been a great discussion, but I'd like to see this discussion taken one step further: maybe it will persuade some of you Morty lovers to go out there and make the difference in other people's lives.

The reason I think this is because I have "a friend" ;) . This friend lived with a man who was physically, emotionally, and mentally abusive. This friend did not know what to do. She did not tell anyone for a long time because she felt trapped. She thought there was no way out Once my friend told a couple of people about what was happening, they helped. This friend was not judged. She was not even told what to do. The friends let her figure out what to do, yet offered her all of the support and resources that she needed in case she decided to leave her husband. And, let me tell you......those were some good friends that she had. She was never told what to do or leave by her friends (unless she asked their opinion). They gave her the dignity of making her own decision about staying or leaving. I know that was very empowering for her. One day, "my friend" decided that she had had enough after a particularly dangerous encounter. She confided to professionals and they helped as well.

This is where the story turns a little dark. Because my friend was living in a county that was know to be a little backward in the legal system, she hit some trouble. The courts did not do everything they could to help. I could go on and on over all of the horrific events (with court appointed officials) that followed. At one point when my friend asked a court official out of frustration what she had to do to make this stop. She sarcastically said "What do I have to do, end up in a body bag?" The official replied "Pretty much". WOW! And that was just the beginning. My friend was also told at one point that "she made her bed and now she needed to lie in it". I could literally go on for hours about all of the horrible things that she went through when she asked the court for protection.

I know that domestic violence advocates think one of the major problems that encourage the ongoing abuse of women in the courts are all of the "Father's Rights Groups" that are popping up (Note: This is not necessairly my opinion. I'm just sharing what I've learned through my friend). They encourage the ongoing mental abuse of women. CLASSES are taught on how to turn everything around on the victim. They tell men to tell the courts that They've been abused and advocate doing alot of other crazy things.

I thought "WOW! We live in the 21st century. There must have been one mistake after another. This could not be a typical experience with the courts!" Sadly to say, as things unfolded over the years, we learned that there are thousands of women out there that have been abused that are continually victimized by the court. {Note: a lot of people assume (like I did) that women are automatically protected and stuff like what I've said above no longer occurs.} A lot of this is because of how we are as a society and how we treat domestic violence. As a society (key phrase-I'm not saying everybody) we allow women to be degrated. We objectify them. We hold poor attitudes about women who are abusive relationships. We allow women to be called names. I'm going to stop with the examples because I could go on and on about that, but I think a lot of you get the jist. Until some core ATTITUDES change, we will continue to perpetuate and excuse (some) abuse and violence that occurs against women.

::::::::::Cue:We Are The World::::::::::::::::: (lol)

If individuals step up and change their attitudes and are vocal about it, slowly change WILL occur. It's a very slow process, but change will succeed. Reflect about these issues that have been brought up and how they pertain to YOU and Your life and Your Loved Ones. Educate yourselves. Learn about abuse and what women go through. Go volunteer at a shelter or give a financial donation.

Update on my friend: She continues to move on with her life. She still has to deal with the courts and I assure you it is not pleasent, but she marches on and stands behind her beliefs that there are a lot of women out there who need a lot of help. She says that the only way she can truly repay her friends is to help other abused women. One day she hopes to dedicate more time to these issues and try to promote real change in the struggle to support and free abused women.

Remember: Statistic : ONE OUT OF FOUR women will be abused at some point in their lifetime.

I know I had a lot of other stuff to say. I did the best I could at summerizing a lot of information. I don't have time to re-read it- so I hope it's ok. Gotta run! :)

One last thing: I've mentioned this many times here. I don't like to get involved in any controversy. But, after thinking about it so much, I decided to take a stand on the topic of abused women. I felt it was my duty to speak up and be the voice for my friend and all of the other women out there like her. :)

Sorry about your friend KrystalBall I think your right.

On another note, I think Dick will eventually do something he will regret sooner or later. I dont know why all the houseguests are submissive to him just cause he might yell at them, thats pretty pathetic in my book. Someone needs to get him out soon cause he is reminding me a lot of Dr, Will but more aggresive.

there is that one instance of negative physical contact, no matter how small (in this case, the tea pouring). At this point the abuser will feel even more empowered. He has taken the next step and knows he has not gotten in trouble for it. It's a pattern that many abusers take before they move up to the next step which is often hands on physical abuse. I am not saying Dick is going to physically abuse her, what I am saying is he is showing a pattern that many abusers follow and it should be taken seriously.

XAL you are so right. Thank you.

The soapbox of discussion about abuse has left the "Should Dick Be Voted Out" thread to this one. There are 21 pages of posts under Dick and...well, nothing significant under the other hg sections. As annoying as Dani's whining and Ambers' crying, this thread is becoming a real downer. I think we are all in agreement about physical and emotional violence (anyone watch tv OTHER than BB8 lately?) and Dick being...well, a Dick. It is getting boring FAST. This is suppose to be a forum that discusses gameplay, strategy, polls and the what-not light stuff. If we are aggravated by Dick's language, harassment and behavior...imagine how the HGs must feel. They are in the midst of this drama (=nonsense). As Dani said "It's not fun anymore..."

I felt he really messed up by pouring the tea over her head but I was more disturbed about how flippant he was towards her after the fact...STILL poking at her...I do see where she pushes him but he should have more will than that

I do feel she got too personal towards his daughter but he shouldn't have become THAT enraged over it...it is a cause for concern...he's a bit of a loose cannon

I've been pulling for him as a person cause I see good parts but he really is quite a gossiper and is able to cover his tracks...he needs to be careful...but if he & Daniele can get a true alliance going between them and possibly Jessica and/or Eric that actually lasts then they could be a strong team to overcome

Archived