Ian Somerhalder as Boone

Jem

Ian Somerhalder as Boone

lost3.jpg

The son of a massage therapist and building contactor, Ian Somerhalder was born in the small town of Mandeville, Louisiana. Boating, swimming, fishing and training horses filled much of his time growing up, as did the drama club and performing with the local theatre group. At 16 he began pursuing acting professionally in New York, and by 19 he had committed himself to working with the prestigious acting coach, William Esper.

Somerhalder's breakout opportunity came with the lead role on the series Young Americans. His other television credits include CSI, CSI: Miami, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Smallville.

On the big screen Somerhalder will next be seen in In Enemy Hands. He recently starred in Changing Hearts, The Rules of Attraction, and Anatomy of a Hate Crime. He also starred in Irwin Winkler's feature, Life as a House. For this role, Somerhalder was honored by Movieline Magazine's "Young Hollywood Awards," receiving the Fresh New Face Award. Additionally, he was named one of People Magazine's 50 Sexiest Men in the fall of 2002.

Somerhalder was the face of GUESS? Clothing and was featured in their fall campaigns for two years running. He has also worked on campaigns for prestigious designers such as Versace, Esprit and Persol, among many others.

Somerhalder spends much of his time writing, reading, producing and perfecting his craft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest conniejoe

The only one I wanted to stay more was Sayid (ummmmmmmm....Sayid).

But those blue eyes are just so haunting. Dag....I wish they wouldn't have taken Boone away. :cry:

Guest ranster627

What a fantastic death scene, although I disagree with the character chosen to die ...

I wonder if Boone wanted to tell Shannon he forgave her, he was sorry, or that he loved her?

And Shannon, her guilt is going to be all consuming. I hope it doesn't affect her relationship with Sayid ... I like the two of them together.

Michael also impressed me in these scenes. He showed more strength than I ever expected ...

And what makes me think we have another doctor on the show?

Guest XandraSkye

It was fantastic and I cried my eyes out. Especially when Shannon started crying.

Ok, now that we know it's him and we have no questions about it, I have to say something. It happened toooo quickly and sort of in an un-dramatic way. What I mean by this is he died because he was in a plane that wasn't that staple to begin with and it fell down and he had extension injuries and couldn't be saved. There was no monster or mysterious French woman involved. It was an accident.

Maybe that's why we were all expecting to be broadsided? Because 'Lost' has been so unpredictable for much of the season we keep expecting to be shocked but Boone's death wasn't that much of a shock.

I'm not disappointed by this, it was nice not to be 'shocked' for once. It just surprised me, that's all.

Now that Boone is gone, I'm really, really sorry that it was him. But I would of been sad if any of them died. It just sucks, plain and simple.

(Question: Why is Locke to blame for this? I'm a little fuzzy on this. I mean, I don't know about any of you but if I was on a deserted island with no chance of a rescue and I found a plane I probably would of gone up there too, even if it didn't look all that safe because you never know what could of been on that plane. Like a radio or supplies. I guess the tragic part was he was so hasty to do it. If he had gone back to camp and told the others they could of pulled the plane down or something and it wouldn't of been so much of a danger.)

Xandra, maybe the "Shock" and "Suprise" that the writers were going for this time was to do what they haven't done all season and suprise us with the obvious instead of something unexpected. JM2

Guest Anonymous

I don't think its Locke's fault, but I can see where they will think it is. He brought Boone back, lied about what happened, and then ran. It became clear that Boone's injuries were not from a fall off a cliff becuase his leg was crushed. So they know Locke lied -- but they don't know what really happened.

Guest ranster627
The only solace we have is that we might see him again when they show flashback's of Shannon's life.  Also, I read that EVERYONE that has been on since day one will be in the Season Finale.

Boone can be the "Island Angel!" :oops:

Just dreaming here, but it is long said in Sci Fi, that nobody is every really dead ... maybe the Island will heal my hero!

Guest Scrappy's Girl

I was so upset when I saw Shannon crying over Boone. I can't wait to see the upcoming episodes and see what happens. Why did Locke run away and lie about what happened to Boone? That is a big question for me.

Donna

Guest ranster627
I was so upset when I saw Shannon crying over Boone.  I can't wait to see the upcoming episodes and see what happens.  Why did Locke run away and lie about what happened to Boone?  That is a big question for me.

Donna

I think even Locke harbors guilt and couldn't face his own involvement ...

I, for one, LOVED how the writers continue to reveal little bits of each castaways' character, making each one more complex with each episode.

I LOVE seeing Sun and Jin's wonderful qualities further revealed to us in this week's episode?

I LOVEthe "warts and all" approach!

I LOVE it that I can tune in each week and be so thoroughly engrossed and entertained that I don't want the week's episode to end!!

This, by far, is my absolute favorite show of all time, and I am proud to say that....

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!

Just thought I'd get that off my chest :wink: ,

kayo

Guest XandraSkye

This is from 'Entertainment News' on TVGuide.com

TELL SHANNON WHAT?!?!?: , an indie feature set on

Guest conniejoe

Well said, Kayo, you Lost maniac, you!!! Can't think of anything to say as a follow-up. You said it all.

Lost is the best show of the season! I just wish they had made more episodes, instead of giving us a few at a time and then going back to repeats constantly. It's just so frustrating! Every few weeks we go into cliffhanger mode.

DEAD 'LOST'

By MICHAEL STARR

April 7, 2005 -- THE actor who plays Boone, killed off on last night's "Lost," isn't happy about becoming the first casualty on one of TV's hottest new shows.

"Pretty devastating," Ian Somerhalder tells Entertainment Weekly. "The week [before] I got the call [telling him the bad news], I started looking for a house in Hawaii. "Now I'm looking for a house in Venice Beach."

Boone died last night from the injuries he suffered after the small plane he was investigating fell out of a tree.

Somerhalder, who played the preppy trust-fund baby, tells EW he understands why "Lost" creators J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof killed off his character.

But he also says they "boxed themselves into a corner" by revealing that someone was going to die

Guest Scrappy's Girl
Lost is the best show of the season! I just wish they had made more episodes, instead of giving us a few at a time and then going back to repeats constantly. It's just so frustrating! Every few weeks we go into cliffhanger mode.

I totally agree with you there. It drives me crazy.

Donna

Guest ranster627
Lost is the best show of the season! I just wish they had made more episodes' date=' instead of giving us a few at a time and then going back to repeats constantly. It's just so frustrating! Every few weeks we go into cliffhanger mode.

I totally agree with you there. It drives me crazy.

Donna[/quote']

Yup ... if you ask me (and nobody did) :wink: it is time for someone to re-invent the season and have the guts to make more episodes ... would be refreshing! ... and might start a trend

Guest Anonymous

What I love about this show is its complete uniqueness. Sitcoms all end up being reruns of the Honeymooners or the Dick van Dyke Show. Dramas are always dealing with criminals doing the same things they did on tv 20 - 30 years ago. Lost brings us a completely new situation -- something where we really don't know what to expect next -- and leaves us fighting ourselves trying to figure it all out.

I'm an addict -- I admit it -- and I don't want to recover.

Guest XandraSkye
But the cliffhangers are one half of what keeps us coming back to the show. I don't see them ever getting rid of those.

I cried last night. I can't actually say I'll miss Boone. At least not like I would some of the other characters. But I think I was touched more by the battle Jack fought with himself over trying to save Boone and how hard he was taking it.

Guest ranster627
When it looked like Jack was going to pull down that door -- I couldn't even look.  I thought -- "oh sure -- Michael doesn't have to watch -- but I do???"

Made me happy I have NO legs!

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name